Pleased with myself.

melster122

Yesterday was the first anniversary of my father's death. I felt very emotional all day but somehow managed to stay away from all food. Normally, I am a terrible comfort eater but I stuck to cd and didn't have anything.

I wonder if I have turned a corner mentally and won't need to comfort eat any more.

Well done for getting through yesterday Melster. Sorry to hear about your Dad, it must be really tough losing one of your parents. We lost my boyfriends dad last year quite quickly and it was just awful. I really hope you have turned that corner, and getting through things like this will only make you stronger. If you are having a weak day, you will be able to think back to yesterday and realise how strong you are. K xxx

Well done yesterday,keep strong hun,you will do it,sorry to hear about your dad x

Well done for not turning to your old comfort of food yesterday. Sorry to hear about your dad - losing someone we love is the hardest thing to cope with.

so sorry to hear of your dad, but well done for keeping on track, keep strong x

Well done, Melster. I lost my dad 8 years ago - and it doesn't get any easier! We were so close and I am the image of him, so every time I look in the mirror, I see his eyes staring back at me. You did SO well yesterday - you deserve to be very pleased with yourself.

Big hugs.
x

Thanks everyone for all your support. I knew yesterday would be hard as I have already lost my mum and sister (14 and 13 years ago) and I know that I always comfort eat.

I know how you feel Grandma. Not a day goes passed when I don't think of all 3 of them. :(

But on a happy note I am hoping that maybe this is a step in the right direction to me not comfort eating any more :)

Back