Step 1 Sole Source + Pleased yet nervous...

Carlyd88

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well and Cambridge is being kind to you :).

Today I had my 10th weigh in and I was extremely pleased with a 4lb loss, I am now 9st5lb and edging on goal. My relationship with Cambridge has had it's ups and downs, some days I have hated it, others I love it.

During my weigh in we talked about moving up the plans and decided that as long as I get a loss next week I will move up.

In all honesty I am extremely nervous about moving up the steps, I don't know anyone to have done Cambridge and maintained so I have nothing to put my mind at ease. The thought of undoing all of the hard work (which CD is bloody hard work) I have put in over the last 11 weeks quite frankly petrifies me!

I will be trying to log in daily to the 1000-maintenance forum to blog about going up the steps so that other people have something to go by when it is their turn!

If anyone has experience of maintenance or higher steps I would love to hear your stories or just advice/reassurance in general would be amazing :)

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb).

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well and Cambridge is being kind to you :).

Today I had my 10th weigh in and I was extremely pleased with a 4lb loss, I am now 9st5lb and edging on goal. My relationship with Cambridge has had it's ups and downs, some days I have hated it, others I love it.

During my weigh in we talked about moving up the plans and decided that as long as I get a loss next week I will move up.

In all honesty I am extremely nervous about moving up the steps, I don't know anyone to have done Cambridge and maintained so I have nothing to put my mind at ease. The thought of undoing all of the hard work (which CD is bloody hard work) I have put in over the last 11 weeks quite frankly petrifies me!

I will be trying to log in daily to the 1000-maintenance forum to blog about going up the steps so that other people have something to go by when it is their turn!

If anyone has experience of maintenance or higher steps I would love to hear your stories or just advice/reassurance in general would be amazing :)

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb).

Hi Carly, Lynne (LMS) has been working through the steps and successfully continuing to loose, it's worth doing a search for her diary, but wow, at 9st 5 its prob is time for you to move up, I'm surprised you're still getting losses on a lower step, my body started refusing to loose when I hit just over 10st so had to move up a step!

Ria

X

Hey Ria,

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely look Lynn up and follow her. I started to feel a bit worried about no one seeming to move up the steps so it will definitely be good to see how she is getting on.

I know my weight is low now but it seems lower than average because my height is shorter than average (5ft2 - max) so I certainly don't look skinny but I do look slim now - which is amazing. Two stone ago I didn't look great and having tried other diets and failing I decided a VLCD was what I needed to remove the food from my life and retrain myself! So I know that I am not the typical Cambridge client but it really was the best decision that I made :).

I am definitely getting ready to move up the plans now, I am frequently having little tit bits but I am generally still careful about what I pick at, the fact that I am picking though makes me think my will power is dwindling and my body is starting to need more to burn the last bit of fat that I want gone.

How long have you been on the diet now? Do you think it will be long before you are ready to move up?

Hey Ria,

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely look Lynn up and follow her. I started to feel a bit worried about no one seeming to move up the steps so it will definitely be good to see how she is getting on.

I know my weight is low now but it seems lower than average because my height is shorter than average (5ft2 - max) so I certainly don't look skinny but I do look slim now - which is amazing. Two stone ago I didn't look great and having tried other diets and failing I decided a VLCD was what I needed to remove the food from my life and retrain myself! So I know that I am not the typical Cambridge client but it really was the best decision that I made :).

I am definitely getting ready to move up the plans now, I am frequently having little tit bits but I am generally still careful about what I pick at, the fact that I am picking though makes me think my will power is dwindling and my body is starting to need more to burn the last bit of fat that I want gone.

How long have you been on the diet now? Do you think it will be long before you are ready to move up?

I've been on since 1 jan.... So almost 8 months now, but with a couple of 2 week Hols and a couple of weekends off in between. I came on step two just before my holiday mid June, but unfortunately gained 13lbs (on hol off plan) and have been struggling every since - partially through trying to do SS (i wanted rid of the gain quick) but my body couldn't handle it, i needed more, so kept messing up - I wasted a few weeks doing that before I realised! Want to get just below 10st (where I was before holiday) then get onto step 3 - I'm totally ready for that now, but just need to stop messing around and get rid of my holiday gain first, I felt great at 10st.... Just wanna be back there!

X

Hey Ria,

Here I am :)!! Im on step 4 now and its great, I honestly feel im having enough food to sustain me daily and really really dont want to move up to step 5. But the steps are well worth working threw and have taught me loads. I also gained 6.5lbs on a recent 2 week holiday and got 4lbs off the first week i was back on step 4 so its reassuring for me that if I do put on during a holiday or so I can get it off again and can do that not having to go back to SS as I dont think id manage that again.

The only thing with the steps is you can retain water in the first week of moving up. I gained 2lbs one week after having a perfect week and was so upset but it quickly came back off. There is so little around on the steps so I think its good for us all to keep posting as we move up.

A god send for me has been the my fitness pal app... it has everything on there and really helps me plan my days... thats definitely the key planning. I dont use my book anymore just that. Im totally going to miss my second product after I move up to step 5 :(. Still mourning my third one from steps 2 and below haha.

What step are you on now?

I can't comment on higher plans but did just want to congratulate you on your weight loss and wish you all the best in moving up the plans and towards a long, skinny life!

Thank you countryb! Cambridge has been a fantastic journey for me so far, down to a weight I have never been able to get to and I just can't believe how excited I am to get to goal :)

Since I have read through Lynn's story up to maintenance I am even happier and have so much more faith in the rest of the plan!

Lynn I am on SS+/810 at the moment, weight loss this week is terribly slow so I think my body is shouting at me now to move up the plans, it looks like step 3 is on the horizon next week!
I will definitely take your advice on taking it slowly through the steps. I would like to stay on step 3 for at least 3 weeks just to get my body back in the swing of eating more (particularly carbs) before I start eating a 'normal' portion :)

How are you all getting on this week?

I am still on SS but will be fascinated to read about your progress through the steps. I should really be on 810 now but just cant do it, i am terrified to start eating real food in case it sets me off on a binge. I will have to before long though, I go away on Aug 27th and will be drinking while i am away so i need to be out of ketosis before then. Well done on your fabulous success so far!

So having only lost half a pound this week :-( I am now moving up the plans... Now it is becoming real. I am a bit down about my weight loss this week (or lack of) I know I have a lot less to lose now but I still have some and I felt like I had a pretty good week last week.

Oh well I need to put that aside now and concentrate on the rest of my journey! So tomorrow will be day one of step three, I am just about to spend some time figuring out what I will be eating this week and although exciting it is extremely daunting, I know the rest of the steps work as long as you stick to them so I will just keep focused on that!

I spoke to my consultant today about the calorie check to maintain a specific weight (I think Ria posted it in Lynn's thread) that came up at just under 1700 cals a day, which I thought was a good amount, my consultant however doesn't think that, she said that for someone of my height/frame it is likely to be around 1200, this seems like such a tiny amount and to think that that would be it forever doesn't give me the greatest feeling in the world, but I guess it will be a case of trial and error and I will just have to see how it goes! Not feeling fab I must say!

You're doing great hun. But jee - 1200cals?! Tbh you have to put calorie numbers aside really, they're great as a guide but if you ate 1700cals of protein it would be a completely different outcome to eating 1700 cals of carbs for example.

And even of you did chose to eat a whole lotta carbs you can always maintain with something like 5:2.

Take a look at paleo/primal - also a good blueprint for healthy eating/maintenance, might help.

But yeah, I'm not a strong believer in cals, since reading the obesity epidemic by Zoe harcombe, she basically makes the whole calorie theory sound ridiculous!

I haven't read the book recommended by CrazyDiamond, but I expect your counsellor's calorie calculation is correct . I'm five and half inches taller than you, and about five and a half stone heavier, and my basic metabolic rate is only 1800. That's the calories I need to survive if I sit still all day though: if moving around or exercising, I'll need more. So perhaps that's the same for you? 1200 to keep your body ticking over, but if you're doing any kind of activity (even walking around town) it'll need to be more.

I haven't read the book recommended by CrazyDiamond, but I expect your counsellor's calorie calculation is correct . I'm five and half inches taller than you, and about five and a half stone heavier, and my basic metabolic rate is only 1800. That's the calories I need to survive if I sit still all day though: if moving around or exercising, I'll need more. So perhaps that's the same for you? 1200 to keep your body ticking over, but if you're doing any kind of activity (even walking around town) it'll need to be more.

Well I've been on 1200 kcal a day for some some weeks now and have been steadily loosing weight so I definitely need more than that to maintain. I'm really starting to tire of all the unknowing. I hate the trial and error if I have too much I gain I then need to drop to loose again then try again at another calorie level. Soul source was much earlier than this stage :(

Lynne

There are some interesting concepts reading up on all of the information available.

1200 calories seemed like a ridiculously low amount but it is because 2000 is shoved down our throats way too often. There is never any reference to the fact that this *significantly* varies by person, there is nothing to distinguish what an 'average' person is, what calories actually mean, what determines calories. To be honest the fact that the obesity epidemic is breaking us you would think that more advice is provided!

Any weight loss support is mainly done through groups, weight watchers, slimming world, Cambridge etc etc. basically you have to pay for advice and support and with healthy eating generally comes the hefty shopping bills. I know so many low income families who just can't afford to eat healthily all of the time!

Any way enough of the grumpy rant, I still have a few pounds left to shift before I get to goal so lets hope Cambridge can get me there and my journey to maintenance is blissful and wonderful....hmmm! :)

If you download an app called myfitnesspal , it's superb, helped me especially when I have a naughty day or two !

X

I have downloaded my fitness pal, calorie count for today (including what I haven't eaten yet) is coming in at around 920 calories. It is a fab app for keeping track of what I am eating!

Dinner for tonight will be a vegetable and sweet potato frittata... Very much looking forward to it :) now I have to pop to the supermarket to do the shop, traffic will be a nightmare but can't hold off much longer, so hungry today!

Excellent , I found it sooooo helpful , even if I want to cheat slightly I work out my calorie intake on the cheats first !

I think the thing for me is going to be keeping a track of everything and not trying to cheat myself by not logging naughty bits!

So far tonight I have had my frittata which came to 360 calories and now I have just had strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with 0% fat free Greek yoghurt for 145 cals! It has been delicious but I am so stuffed. I have that so stuffed I am pretty sure my stomach has stretched feeling, it feels horrible :-( still have another bar to fit in yet. Oh I am starting to miss the simplicity of SS!

Back