plum swings! a diary

Hi Plum - there's only one 5k race by me which is the Santa run for charity, but its the day after I intend (all being well) to complete the C25K programme so I think its pushing it a little. There's one I'm eyeing up in March which I may well do. xx

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi Plum - there's only one 5k race by me which is the Santa run for charity, but its the day after I intend (all being well) to complete the C25K programme so I think its pushing it a little. There's one I'm eyeing up in March which I may well do. xx

Ahh too bad it's so tight as Santa run may have been a fun way to finish it off! Maybe not in full Santa regalia though which is what I'm imagining they do, lol!

Ahh too bad it's so tight as Santa run may have been a fun way to finish it off! Maybe not in full Santa regalia though which is what I'm imagining they do, lol!

They do! Which in some respects wouldn't be a bad idea. Perhaps I could tinsel up my sports bra! :)

Core week 2 done with the 7.5kg, phew! I'm afraid I was a bit backchatty to Ryan especially when he was urging me to leave my footprints on the ceiling! :D

I think the creatine/glutamine may be helping, I felt much less sore than I expected to after Tuesday's resistance sesh!

Sorry not been on much lately. New job has been taking up my time and energy.

On week 2 with Ryan again. Slowly getting back into the swing of things and I feel so good afterwards.

Great to have you back from hols and to see how well you are getting on.

daisybell18 said:
Sorry not been on much lately. New job has been taking up my time and energy.

On week 2 with Ryan again. Slowly getting back into the swing of things and I feel so good afterwards.

Great to have you back from hols and to see how well you are getting on.

Good to see you back and doing so well! x

Week two cardio this morning. The DVD kept stopping for some unknown reason so I ended up doing the second round on my own for the large part. Made me realize how much I miss Ryan's dulcet tones.

Weight is coming off very slowly but I love my new body shape which I am sure is mainly due to kettlebells.

How has it affected you?

Forgot to update on Monday, week 3 resistance with the 7.5kg and 10lb bells. Could only do the first set as I timed my food wrong and just ran out of energy! Oops! :(

daisybell18 said:
Week two cardio this morning. The DVD kept stopping for some unknown reason so I ended up doing the second round on my own for the large part. Made me realize how much I miss Ryan's dulcet tones.

Weight is coming off very slowly but I love my new body shape which I am sure is mainly due to kettlebells.

How has it affected you?

It's had definite effects on my shape too! Hurray for perseverance in the midst of technical difficulties. :)

At least you are aware of your limits and know when to stop and not push yourself to do more when you know it could make you feel worse :)

Mis-behave said:
At least you are aware of your limits and know when to stop and not push yourself to do more when you know it could make you feel worse :)

In this vein I haven't done any kettlebells since I last posted, I've not been very well. I think I was pushing myself too hard also, as not only had I increased my bell weight to 7.5kg but I'd also added a bodyweight routine on Saturdays thus increasing from 2 to 3 exercise sessions per week. I think this was too much to change all at one time!

Feeling better today so I'm going to resume with week 3 and the 6kg bell - this will finish the round just before Christmas. And I am not going to add the bodyweight exercises back in again until the new year - and then not at the same time as increasing my weights! LOL!

Week 3 resistance 'done', I used my 6kg and 7.5lb bells and couldn't finish everything. I always find week 3 resistance a killer so I'm not especially surprised!

Well done!! Good on you.. Hope you feel ok tomorrow :)

I might ask OH if I can go to Kettlebell class tomorrow night all being well..

Know how you feel about the motivation PlumFoodie. I have been working away again for two weeks and don't get to use the kettlebell. It nearly kills me every time I restart so I have that to look forward to tomorrow. Will do a few sessions back to back to get back into the swing - literally.

Do take care and don't be too hard on yourself.

Hey Plum, hey Daisy, I hope you guys are ok?

Well! Last time I did KW was 10 December and I've been feeling very lethargic and fighting off bugs since then. But I'm starting to get returning lower back pain so need to get back to it!

I'm going to aim for two sessions/week, and do what I can even if it's not as much as I would like. This might mean doing core twice in the week, or just round one of resistance, or something - I'm going to go with the flow.

Pretty pleased today to get through week 1 core with my 5kg bell as the 'easy' option despite feeling really out of shape; I still remember the first time I could use the 5kg felt like such a huge victory. :)

Well! Last time I did KW was 10 December and I've been feeling very lethargic and fighting off bugs since then.

Pretty pleased today to get through week 1 core with my 5kg bell as the 'easy' option despite feeling really out of shape; I still remember the first time I could use the 5kg felt like such a huge victory. :)

I hope you feel much better now Plum. You'll soon get right back into the 'swing' of things. I've had to swap down to 7.5kg and 5kg as well but I'm so pleased that I'm back too after several weeks off. Lets go for it! :D

I hope you feel much better now Plum. You'll soon get right back into the 'swing' of things. I've had to swap down to 7.5kg and 5kg as well but I'm so pleased that I'm back too after several weeks off. Lets go for it! :D

Thanks! Hope you are enjoying things. :)

No kettlebells for me today as I've a job interview first thing tomorrow and didn't want to be knackered/creaky! Doubt I'll feel up to them tomorrow evening but I've been trying to get in a Kinect workout on my non-bell days just to keep moving (did one this morning) so will hope for that.

Back