Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Yep Curly Wurlys are pretty good. :D I find even a small one is enough to knock a craving on the head if it's for more junky chocolate than the good dark stuff, but then I love anything with caramel in it. :D I didn't know you couldn't get Cadburys stuff in Sweden; I have a Swedish friend who brings over some sort of salty liquorice candy which I have to say is not to my taste at all. Would much prefer to be able to get Cadburys!

Cyprus is nice, I usually go in May and October to see my mom and stepdad as the weather tends to be warm but not too hot! They have lovely fruit and veggies there and it's pretty easy to eat low GI even in restaurants as there's a lot of nice meat, fish and vegetable dishes to choose from at most places. 6 more weigh-ins until my trip and I am hoping to lose another 4-5 lbs by then!

Don't get disheartened about the clothes. After all, they are a size smaller do the fact you could get into them at all is progress. The muffin tops will disappear sooner than you think.
Enjoy the rest of the day.

Thanks Molly, I know you're right. Have a good day too. :)

Muffin top is my personal demon- hate it hate it hate it! I can't wait til its all gone, so I sympathise with you there! I think your goal sounds pretty reasonable- if you can fit into the new clothes now, even if they're too tight, then hopefully a few more pounds will do the trip. And what a nice motivator- going to Cyprus to see your folks : )

It's funny isn't it how certain parts of us are more aggravating than others! Muffintop is tied for first place with my chin! I don't seem to be nearly as bothered about the rest of me.

My top 3 contenders are:
1. muffin top
2. thigh cellulite- used to be just a bit orange peel-y which I didn't really mind (I've had it since I was a super skinny size 8 at 17), but has now progressed into large moon crater-like dimples
3. Boobs- get bigger evertime i put on weight, but never get any smaller when I lose. My back is very narrow which makes me an incredibly disproportionate 32F !!

Really interesting to read point 3 as I have been experiencing the same thing; I used always to be a B cup, went up to a D when I gained weight and keep expecting them to shrink as I'm losing but they are exactly the same (although maybe 20 lb isn't enough to notice a difference yet, but the rest of me is smaller)! It had really been puzzling me but now I don't feel so freakish to know it's not just me. ;)

Ohh lucky girls! I was hoping my boobs would get bigger as I gained weight. When I was skinny they were a 32E, but as I gained weight they went to a now 36D. I lost a whole cup size some how as the rest of me got fat. I was hoping as I got bigger the boobs would be HUGE at least. But as I'm losing inches everywhere else, my chest area hasn't shrunken yet.

Really quiet day today, one of my days off work so just pootled around the house with the cats. If I'm organised this usually means a good food day but today it just meant forgetting to eat and then scrounging around for whatever was easily to hand.

Breakfast: turkey/tomato scrambled eggs, Easiyo lowfat apricot

Late lunch (oops): cheese oatcakes and mini Babybel (within my calories but not what you could call nutritious...)

Snack: Easiyo lowfat apricot with a bit of AllBran

Dinner: smoked salmon w/radish and spring onion, then smoked sausage and lentil soup with half a wholemeal bagel and a little bit of Ben and Jerry's frozen yoghurt for pudding

I'll take another portion of the soup in my Thermos flask to work for lunch tomorrow - can't believe it's soup weather in August!!!

Food sounds really good Plum. It was cold here, but today it got warm.

I'm with you on soup in August - it's so cold :sigh: I can completely understand what you mean about not organised and then eating whatever is at hand, but actually, I think you did pretty well.

Oh! It was lovely and warm with us. Had a lovely walk along the beach in a balmy, for Ireland!, 17C!! Not even a breeze!
Despite your having to forage, your food looked good today. So well done on another good day.

Oh that does sound nice Molly! Cold and cloudy and foggy (!) here today! In fact this morning the cats indicated that they would very much like it if we put the central heating on (we didn't). Hope you have the good weather again today!

We got the bad weather here now, like usual. It's pouring rain, dark out and cold.

For some strange reason it was sunny and warm at work, dark and cold at our house!

Hectic day at work today so wasn't able to eat my snacks exactly when I should.

Breakfast: banana and peanut butter smoothie, hardboiled egg

Lunch: leftover lentil/smoked sausage soup with oatcakes

Snack: some wasabi almonds

Snack: Nakd gingerbread bar

Dinner: quick Thai chicken (from a Rick Gallop book) with basmati rice and steamed asparagus.

Snack: probably a mini dark chocolate bar but we'll see!

Really tired tonight, don't think I will be awake long enough to fall prey to the Friday night munchies!

Yum, your food sounds delicious. Feel very jealous. Wasabi almonds - where are they from? Love wasabi...

The wasabi & soy sauce almonds I have are Blue Diamond brand. I buy mine from Costco in an enormous great plastic jug but mysupermarket.co.uk seems to indicate that you can buy them in some Tescos as well in much more sensible portions. ;)

Thanks for that, Plum. It will definitely go on my shopping list.

I don't know if I could trust myself round such a large jar of almonds. I love nuts and still find it hard not to overeat them. Still, they ate a fab energy booster and just a few will do the trick.

Food sounded nice Plum. The wasabi almonds sounds really yummy. Anything with wasabi or soy sauce is good with me :)

I know what you mean Molly! Luckily I don't have too much problem with these, I think both because of the wasabi kick and the saltiness which mean I can't eat too many - also because of the powdered flavouring I only have them once or twice a week as a special treat when I'm getting sick of my raw nuts! :D

Back