Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

To be honest with you I am always amazed when people regularly lose 2 or 3lbs. If I lose weight, its mostly 1lb or less.

When I was younger, in my 20s, I was diagnosed with having under active thyroid and I used to take thyroxine. I dont know how but it corrected itself. I am still tested regularly because of my past and although within the "normal" range I am just on the right side of borderline under active thyroid but it still makes it difficult to lose the weight - I have lost 7lbs in about 11 weeks.

But the main thing is that I am losing weight and I am not too worried about how long it takes, as long as it goes. :)

That's awesome that you've lost 7 lb. :D I agree completely, as long as the numbers are, broadly speaking, going DOWN instead of UP then I'm happy and in not too much of a hurry. It helps that I like the low GI/GL foods. :)

Plum, I bung the whole lot in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. It should be quite sticky. The proportions I use make it just the right consistency. I find it makes a better bread than individual scones.
I agree with Ashie that a pound a week consistently is a great rate of loss. When I was in weightloss mode some weeks I'd lose a pound or two or indeed three.
Over four week periods I averaged 8, 6, 4 , 3 lbs. I never took any exercise other than a small bit of walking.
So, it's all going in the right direction, down, and you have a varied, healthy diet that boosts energy levels as well.
Keep at it.

Wow amazing ladies! Congrats on losing so much weight in a month. Unfortunately for me I don't seem to be losing much weight atm. Maybe I'm working out too much. Either way I am shrinking measurement wise.

Food sounds lovely Plum. The soups sound very delicious. I agree with sticking with the goals. Just take it a day at a time like Ashie says. Babysteps are the way to go. That's how I took my exercise and now I'm doing more than I could have ever imagined two months ago:)

Keep up the great work!

Cali, it's great that your measurements are getting smaller. As long as you feel good and healthy with the amount of exercise you are doing and eating enough calories then I'm sure all will be well. :) I would actually prefer to be able to tone up and shrink but see less drop in my weight, it means you are replacing fat with healthy muscle. :D

Will reply in my thread, so I don't highjack yours :)

Hmm. I've decided I don't like the Easiyo Skimmers as much as some of the other varieties. It does have the advantage of being the lowest in fat but doesn't taste of much and is always kind of floppy and watery. The other varieties are not exactly high in fat either so I think I'll stick with them in future!

The low-fat Greek was already a fave, but I also really like the low-fat apricot (I added 2 tbsp of agave syrup to the whole batch to sweeten it just a little). Lakeland do a low-fat selection pack so I think I'll give that a try. And if I ever see the custard flavour I am *definitely* trying it!:gimi:

I don't like the skimmers either. I feel they taste of nothing! I use the low fat or even full fat ones. I love the peaches and cream or the Greek and honey ones too.

Mm peaches and cream sounds quite nice actually! I think there might be one more packet of Skimmers lurking at the back of the cupboard but with any luck this will be the last one!

Very moochy day today, with a bit of a fridge raider lunch!

Breakfast: Easiyo w/plum and some seeds

Lunch: ryvita with coronation tuna, and a sort of coleslaw thing made up of various things, and a random bit of ham

Snack: wasabi almonds, because I was staaaarving and already had some weighed out

Dinner: quick thai chicken with basmati rice, and stirfried asparagus and mushrooms

Snack: easiyo with a little bit of Allbran and a plum

Goals for this week:

Drink at least 8 glasses of water (or other allowed fluids like redbush tea) per day

Don't have wheat more than once per day and *try* not to have it every single day

Have a cupboard clearout to get rid of things that expired in 2007 and also to set aside any high GI foods, either for the husband or to give away

Lol I did the cupboard clear out too when I started. I gathered up all my high GL foods and gave them to friends. I surprised myself at how much packaged, processed and wheat based foods were in the house!!
Well done on great goals. A day at a time and it will all add up.

Food sounded yummy Plum:) I think you'll do great with your goals. I agree with Molly on taking it a day at a time.

I haven't cleared my cupboards out of High GL things, because my OH keeps eating and restocking on them:) And he still lost another pound because our meals are low GL >_< Men have it so easy :)

Food sounds good, Plum, well done. I like your goals and may copy them :p

I really like the 'yoplait forme satisfy' low fat yoghurts (do they have these in the uk?)- the berry cheesecake one is delish :).
Sounds like you are doing fantastically Plum :D. I will have to think about new mini-goals for the coming week too. I like your water one.

Yoplait is available in the UK and Ireland. The EasiYo yoghurts are ones you make yourself in a yoghurt maker. Dead easy to make. They have a better flavour in my opinion. They are a new zealand company.

You guys have yoghurt makers!?! Okay that's it I feel so ripped off living here. I need to move to the UK!

Or Ireland!!!

QVCUK.com do the EasiYo yoghurt makers and flavours and they deliver to Sweden!!!!!

Cool thank you Molly! Maybe oneday I can convince OH to get one :)

Ok I guess I mean I should move to any English speaking country since there seems to be a lot of similiarities in the things available or things they like to eat :) I mean compared to other countries.

Back