Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

I think I would suffer from both outcome 1 and 2. At first I will take advantage of all the December treats all year long. But then after awhile be bored that it's always there.

At least that's what's happened with me on a couple Swedish foods/drinks that only come out once or twice a year. But nowadays they come out earlier and stay out longer, so it's out for like 4 months at a time now. It lost it's specialness.

glad to hear your cat is doing better Plum. My two kitties assure me that whilst it appeared that they have spent most of the day snoozing in the sun, they have actually been hard at work sending telepathic get well soon messages to your kitty. They are obviously now demanding that all that hard work means they should get an early and extra-large dinner :)

Thank your kitties for me, Ruth, all that altruistic effort on their part was obviously worth it as Peanut is feeling even a bit better again today! And definitely justification for some extra food I'd say. ;)

Well, I've just discovered a feature of myfitnesspal that I really don't like!

As I've lost a few pounds since last time I calculated my daily calories and my scales say that my BMR has dropped by about 50 calories, I wanted to lower my MFP daily calorie goal. But instead of just applying the lower goal from today, it also applies it to all the days prior to today. So if I were looking back over the week, a day when I had stayed within my calories for that day would suddenly look like I was 50 over! This seems a bit shortsighted for a website on which many people will be losing weight as they go along. Hmph!

First off, WOW, your scale tells that!?! You have a really nice scale! My scale only gives me my weight in lbs, kg, and st.

Ouch, I knew MFP isn't good in some parts like changing the meals, it changes it for all the previous ones, which doesn't make sense. But I didn't know it changes the previous entries calories too, if you change the calorie intake. I say that really is short sighted of them. It's supposed to be a way for people to keep track of their calories and exercise, so why do they make pervious ones change too. They should have an option of changing pervious entries or future entries or both. After all people do change their diets, eating styles, and calorie intake.

Yes I don't know why they go back and change things, it doesn't make any sense. That said, there are a lot of good features and it's free (yay!) so I'll continue to use it. And grumble from time to time. ;) (I also wish it had a place to log a daily pedometer reading, I'm a data freak and I like to keep track of everything!)

Today has been pretty ho-hum. We stayed home most of the day with the cat, who seems to be improving slowly but still has to stay confined and is getting bored now! I felt like telling him 'you and me both, babe' but of course he doesn't understand English. ;) (except possibly where food is concerned) So it was easy to stay on plan since we were just mooching around the house for the most part. I was a bit too tired after yesterday, as well, so needed a day to recharge and be lazy.

I did feel very full after the bulgur/chickpea chilli and all afternoon as well so only had a little protein for afternoon snacks and a light dinner. I was pleased to find some lower sugar dried berry mix to use in my fruity porridge which cut down the amount of sugar in the overall recipe by quite a lot compared to the Ocean Spray cranberries.

Breakfast: fruity porridge w/seeds

Lunch: bulgur/chickpea chilli

Snacks: mini Babybel cheese and a bit of beef jerky

Dinner: cheese/wholewheat quesadilla with quacamole, and cherries afterwards

Food looks great today. Mmmm chili sounds good! Also the quesadilla too! Low GL food sounds so much more yummier now :)

I'm glad to hear that your cat is feeling better:) Also glad to hear you're feeling better too :) It's great to have a relaxing day to recover.

Thanks Cali. :) I sure did need a day off. The chilli was good but sooo filling. I might go edit my post in the recipes thread to say that it could probably serve 3!

I do love a quesadilla. I know you can get all fancy with adding things to them and sometimes I do, but I love them best with just cheese. Now I use reduced-fat cheese and a small wholewheat tortilla but it's still basically the same quesadilla I grew up with!

Yum, quesadilla and chilli. It's ten twenty at night and I feel hungry just thinking about it.

Anyway, your food looks good today, Plum.

I love making fancy ones. I remember the first time I made one for my guy, and he didn't know you could use tortillas to make something else. He was so in awe, and he fell inlove with quesadillas. I just stay away from it right now.

My husband loves Mexican food too now that I've introduced him to it. But similar to you Cali I am currently avoiding most of it! I allow homemade quacamole in moderation since avocados are so good for us, and tiny tortillas infrequently, but oh how I'd love a big pan of enchiladas with Spanish rice and refried beans. Mmmmmm. (my turn to feel hungry, and I just finished the last of my dinner!)

Thinking back on today, I seem to have been drawn towards quite a lot of cheese. All within approved limits but I'll have to watch that tomorrow!

You can eat Mexican food low GL style. You can do it like I did, and make it into a taco salad type thing, without the chips or tortillas. It tastes really good too. I'm thinking of making Mexican shrimp cocktails, it's low GL. It has, cucumbers, tomatoes, tomato juice, avocado, lime juice, and of course shrimp. Maybe have some of my frozen beans with it for the carbs.

Cali, I know you're right! And I will try to look for some more foods I *can* eat rather than bemoaning my beloved enchiladas. ;)

It was obviously worldwide quesadilla day yesterday Ruth! :D

I know I normally wrap up my weekly goals on a Monday but I'm going to shift it to Thursday to be on the same day as my weigh-in. Not sure why I did it on a different day in the first place. So this week gets a few bonus goal days in it! (or a few goal-free days, but that would be naughty! :D)

(this also gives me a few extra days to finish the cupboard clearout, which is definitely cheating but hey ho)

Last edited:
still haven't actually managed to set any goals for this week yet. Might have to wait til next week now (weigh-in week rather than mon-sun week)

Another quiet day today! We made a batch of oaty apricot bars which featured rather prominently!

Breakfast: turkey/tomato scrambled eggs and an oat scone with St Dalfour jam

Lunch: open-faced sandwich on German rye, with rocket and tomato salad. Sandwich filling (topping, I guess, as was open) was tuna and cannelini bean salad. oaty apricot bar for afters.

Snack: erm... Oaty apricot bar...

Dinner: leftover bulgur/chickpea chilli and probably some cherries or a small chocolate bar

I liked the sound of your lunch, Plum. I like open faced sandwiches (as opposed to closed face or should that be two-faced sandwiches :D). You can go overboard with the toppings, can't you?

Rest of the day looks good too.

When are you off to London?

Back