Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Ah bless you for remembering London! It was meant to be tomorrow but the cat needs meds every 4-6 hours still and we would have been away for 12 so have cancelled it. A friend did offer to look after him for the day but grappling with a fed-up cat is not something I would wish on her. The husband appreciated the thought anyway when I told him. And it's kind of typical that the cat came down ill 2 hours after I booked everything! Heh.

The sandwich was really nice, I usually like picky-uppy sarnies but not so much the calories in the extra slice of bread! You're right, though, it's easy to pile them high!

Food looks good today! I need to be good like you ladies :)

Coming from the land of over indulgence, I used to love "two-faced" sandwiches. But in Sweden open face sandwiches are the norm here. Even if my guy has two slices of bread, and things on top, I'd tell him to put them together to make a real sandwich he'd refuse as if I asked him to commit a crime.

Now I like open face sandwiches a bit better>_<

Well, yesterday was a bit of a self-made disaster. My friend and I wound up taking her daughter to one of those paint-your-own-pottery places (where, I must add, I was anything but artistic) and since it was far from where we live we had lunch there.

I not only had a cake (a chocolate/meringue/cream concoction) but also lasagna (which was very greasy). I had been going to have cassoulet (which the waitress kept referring to as FRENCH cassoulet with heavy emphasis - I wanted to ask her if there was another kind but kept my mouth shut) but they were all out and everything else was pasties, sandwiches, baked potatoes etc. Apart from the chicken salad on the specials board, which I didn't see until after the food had arrived. Oops. On the plus side, I only ate 2/3 of the lasagna and 1/2 the pudding. Not because I am virtuous but because it was all too rich or sweet. I literally couldn't eat any more of the dessert, it felt like my head was going to explode from the sugar.

In other sad news, I appear to have put on 2lb overnight and it's my weigh-in tomorrow. But we'll see. I bought a new scale because my old one was still showing fluctuating readings even after getting new batteries, and the new one is fairly consistent with itself but seems to think I'm about .5lb heavier than the other one did. So I'll take a bit of a hit with that this week as well (which is ok, as obviously next week it won't be a problem). I had been hoping I might get down to 170lb before my visit to Cyprus in the beginning of October but now I will be happy with 175lb or a bit less.

In better news, dinner last night was yummy. Our garden is finally starting to produce vegetables and so we picked a load of baby summer squash (both courgette/zucchini and golf-ball shaped), runner beans and zebra beans and steamed them all up. Sooo much tastier than what you get in the store, really delicious. We just sprinkle them lightly with lemon juice and a tiny bit of olive oil, plus salt and pepper. Yum, yum, yum.

Yesterday's food, then...

Breakfast: turkey/tomato scrambled eggs

Lunch: (at restaurant) beef lasagna, chocolate meringue cake thing, Innocent for kids (ie small) smoothie

Dinner: Quorn fillets, steamed veggies (no points for spotting the desperate attempt to claw back the day)

Food looked good. I think you did good for being out, since it's always harder. Also kudos to you for not eating it all :)

At least your breakfast and dinner was good yesterday. So you get points for being good most of the day :)

Bad new scale! It should read lower not higher >_<

Thank you Cali!

And yes I agree about the scale. ;) But also am glad that it didn't say that my old scale was weighing me 5lb too light or something, that would have been awful. Half a pound I can deal with! :D

If there would be a 5 lbs difference, I'd so stick with the old scale :)

Today's food hasn't been bad I don't think. My timings were off though and I went too long after breakfast without anything. Went a little carbtastic at lunchtime but reasonable GI I think, and because it's weigh-in tomorrow I'm really fighting the urge for a tiny chocolate bar that will take me over my calories for the day.

Breakfast: fruit salad with yoghurt, AllBran and seeds

Snack: wasabi almonds

Lunch: multi-wholegrain seedy (English, not cake) muffin, black bean and sweet potato soup. was really craving carbs for some reason! And got into a big bad no-food mood between breakfast and my snack (which was really right before lunch) - oops.

Snack: South Beach oaty-apricot bar, milk

Dinner: stuffed courgettes filled with a Greek-inspired minced beef thing (no rice etc). was supposed to be stuffed peppers but there was a small hitch in that we didn't actually have any peppers. very tasty though, I'd been craving spaghetti bolognese and this took care of it nicely!

Fingers sort of crossed for the morning; I don't usually have red meat the night before weigh-in but I'm not expecting a loss now anyway so I figured why not!

food sounds great today :)

Although not great, I think you handled the lunch with your friend pretty well. In that situation I know I would previously have thought 'well the diet's blown for today I might as well not bother for the rest of the day' - cue major overeating for rest of day! I'm definately working hard at getting out of that mindset now :)
Good luck for the weigh-in :D

I think your food looks really good today! You did really well. I'm sure you'll do great on weigh in :)

Thanks Ruth and Cali. TBH I am getting a bit too wound up about results on weigh-in day and so I didn't dare give up for the rest of the chocolate meringue day! I am thinking about whether to weigh every two weeks (and cut out the dailies) for the month of September to try to get a bit more relaxed about it.

So, weigh-in day today. Not as bad as it might have been, but still subject to a bit of weigh-in day curse. After 2 bad weigh-ins in a row (+0.2lb, STS) I'm glad to have a loss of 1lb from last week. This is only 0.8lb loss from three weeks ago, though, and still 1lb heavier than I was at my lightest this week!

Bit grumpy also because my waist measurement has not changed since I don't even know when, I've lost 0.5 inches each off my hips and bicep measurement but it's taken a month or two (I'm not very good about recording these). My bodyfat % hasn't gone down at all.

Dunno why I feel so 'meh' and down about this today. 1lb is 1lb and I'll certainly take it, but just feel like I'm not making progress in any other areas. At least I'm enjoying the food and not struggling to meet an unrealistic deadline or anything, right?

Right?

:beam:

Congratulations on the 1 lbs weightloss! That's really great! Also that's great that you lost half an inch on hips and biceps! It's still a loss in my book. The different parts of the body looses at different times, it's weird that they don't all go away evenly.

Weigh in day can be a bit of a bleh, when it doesn't go the way we want it to. But we have to look at the bigger picture that we aren't starving ourselves, nor are we doing anything unhealthy that might jeopardize our healths in the future.

It does suck at times that we aren't dropping weight as fast as the other diets, but then again we don't have to be as strict as them, nor do we suffer from stinky breath, or hunger all day. That gives me an idea, I'll post it in the chickpea post.

Thank you for the positive thoughts Cali - I obviously need them today! Most weeks I would be thrilled with a lb loss. I'll try to focus more on looking at the up side of things.

Well, today I am going to be Officially Naughty. The husband and I haven't gotten to go do anything fun this week yet, so we're going to go to Pizza Express for lunch and find something fun to do for the afternoon.

Pizza Express have started doing a Leggera range, which is lower in calories, and the pizzas have a thin base with a hole in the middle which is filled with salad. I'll have one of those. I feel the need to be slightly rebellious today!

Ohh that sounds really yummy!

I can say two things: firstly, the Leggera pizzas are tasty! secondly, a normal-sized pizza with a hole cut from the middle does not fool your brain into thinking you've had a normal-sized pizza. But your stomach will eventually catch up and admit that you've probably had enough all the same. :D

So, today we had the aforementioned naughty lunch at Pizza Express and then sort of drove around aimlessly. We wound up at the North Devon coast in a little place full of surfers and overpriced carparks. It was so late by the time we got there that we couldn't stay long but it was nice to see the sun and sea and a nice sandy beach!

Breakfast: err, well. breakfast was already late and then the porridge curdled. Decided to move swiftly on to lunch since it was so late.

Lunch: Pizza Express - olives and roasted tomatoes to nibble, then a Leggera Gustosa pizza with salad in the middle, and then a scoop of chocolate truffle ice cream dusted with cocoa powder. I can't honestly believe the ice cream is only 70 calories but a number of sources have confirmed this. The whole meal came to just under 670 calories which I don't think is at all bad for a tasty, naughty pizza lunch.

Snack: roast chicken drumsticks and cherries (that classic combo). Left this too late again, it's hard for me to remember sometimes when we're out or just busy, until I reach big bad no food mood stage. We even stopped at Tesco before setting out to get stuff for a snack. I just forgot to eat it in time.

Dinner: speedy Thai chicken, quinoa, and Ceylon spiced runner beans

Pudding: blueberries and fresh lychees. I was going to have a squirt of squirty cream but it has all run out. :( (yep, I could call it an 'evening snack' but today I'm feeling all kinds of rebellious :D )

I want that pizza too, it sounds really good!

Back