Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Having a breather is a very good idea! I admit I got a little stressed this weekend as things were rapidly degenerating into 'if there aren't at least three kinds of stuffing and two buffet spreads Christmas will be ruined' territory after some phone calls from MIL.

Foodwise I'm a little too focussed on whether I'll hit my goal this week or not. At the end of the day I either will or I won't! I guess that's the risk of time-bound goals involving something you can't specifically control 100% like your body's metabolism.

Well, Plum, here's hoping you hit the goal that you set for Friday. I have my fingers crossed for you. Nothing wrong with being focussed on it. You know though that whatever the outcome, you should congratulate yourself because you have done so well, regardless.

When it comes to my breather, I usually say I am a little tired and fancy a nap. I then go and "nap" but what I am actually doing is either surfing the net on the phone (less of a chill out) or reading a really good book (more chilling). I know someone who actually takes their laptop to bed in the afternoon and watches a DVD (listening on headphones). That is so cool.

I think your MIL is right, Christmas WILL be ruined "if there aren't at least three kinds of stuffing and two buffet spreads". :D (quickly exits before Plum fetches the rolling pin) LOL

I'm hoping you will reach your goal this week Plum.

I do wish that we were able to control our metabolism better. But it seems to have a mind of its own most of the time :( Wish I could press a button that says lose exactly this much weight a week (no matter what) button, and go on cruise control :)

And thanks for the good wishes ladies! I am being good this week but as we all know that's no guarantee that the scales will behave!!

Mad props to those of you who do 1200 cals all the time! Not easy, but I'm desperate! I was a bit over but still lower than 1500!

:worthy:

Breakfast: high fibre muesli with milk

Lunch: three bean/chorizo soup, cheese oaty bakes and kiwi fruits, piece of dark chocolate

Snack: black pepper Ryvita with lowfat cheddar

Dinner: pecan-crusted salmon with Puy lentil/tomato salad, small dish pineapple

Last edited:
I haven't seen Man versus Food. Actually it's the first time I've heard of it. Though it sounds very interesting, but maybe it sounds like it will be full of yummy things.

The pecan crusted salmon sounds really yummy. I love pecans and I love salmon, but never thought about putting them together. I might have to one of these days:)

The pecan crusted salmon sounds really yummy. I love pecans and I love salmon, but never thought about putting them together. I might have to one of these days:)

The recipe we're using has you spread 1 tsp of mustard on top of the salmon and then pat on 1/8 cup of crushed pecans. Super simple! Edit: and super yummy! Quite rich but really nice with the lentil salad.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Man versus Food. Actually it's the first time I've heard of it. Though it sounds very interesting, but maybe it sounds like it will be full of yummy things.

There's no denying that it's an homage to gluttony. ;) But the host is very personable. In fact once during a very hungry week I dreamed he was my husband and I got to travel the USA eating lots of very tasty foods. Heh. :D

Plum, good luck for your goal this week. Think positive!! No negative vibes !!
Food sounded very yummy today . The salmon is definitely something I will try.

I always wished that I'd marry a really good chef and/or pastry chef.

But then again maybe it's better that I didn't or else, I would have much much much more to lose :)

:) Cali

Today has not been a helpful day for my Friday goal. Nevermind.

Breakfast: porridge w/milk and dab of golden syrup (from office canteen, so at least I resisted a fryup)

Lunch: chicken breast, green beans, carrot/courgette salad, two roast potato quarters, beetroot/mandarine salad, BBQ beans (toooo much food, again from canteen)

Snack: mini sushi pack

Dinner: split pea soup with ham, salad, 1 piece dark chocolate

Common thread today was office canteen! An early start today plus no packed lunch. Will take soup tomorrow! Now I just have to resist naughty snacking tonight. :-/

Last edited:
I think you did really good for office canteen. Right now a fry up for me would be really hard to resist. It's been years since I had a proper American/English style breakfast.

I agree with Cali! You did very well!

Thanks ladies. Despite yesterday's overindulgence I'm somehow 170.4 this morning. Fingers crossed for Friday (although I expect we may see some creative rounding and reasoning at that time...)

Sorry for being mostly absent this week, super busy and early starts!

That's really great Plum! You're technically 170 lbs in my book. I say you met your goal :)! :party0011::talk017:

Yay !! I agree with Cali! 170 it is, well done Plum.

Back