"Plump Polly".....golden oldie..........Newbie

Chuffed to bits, lost 3.5 lbs...got 2 awards, week and month!! I've been trying to find the thread where you can copy and paste them from, but it's hiding from me. I've al;so forgotten how to alter my ticker, will have to go back and start again...such a numpty at times.
Hope everyone is having a good day xx
:wavey:
If anyone would put a link on for that thread, I'd be very grateful, thank you x

Chuffed to bits, lost 3.5 lbs...got 2 awards, week and month!! I've been trying to find the thread where you can copy and paste them from, but it's hiding from me. I've al;so forgotten how to alter my ticker, will have to go back and start again...such a numpty at times.
Hope everyone is having a good day xx:wavey:
If anyone would put a link on for that thread, I'd be very grateful, thank you x

Brilliant well done Polly x

Thank you ladies, and thanks Cavegirl for the link.:thankyou: It wouldn't accept my pin for some reason, and I couldn't get it to work. Had lovely morning at group, she divided the room into 2 halves and we got points for one thing and another, and my 2 awards pushed us up into an extra 1000 more points, so we won.......was so embarrassed when everyone cheered, (but chuffed at the same time. :)) it's great having so much support xx

Well done chica - great going.
If Ticket Factory isn't accepting your pin - then I'm afraid you aren't entering it right. :(
Make sure CAPS lock is off or on! Depending on how you entered it in the first place !!!!!

I put it in 3 or 4 times, (my pin) then started a whole new one, and it took me back to the original and then accepted the pin! PITB!! lol!

They're a lovely lot of ladies (and gents) in fact I don't think I've ever met so many nice people all at once. They have their own FB group and everyone chats,( and I LOVE to chat!!) puts on recipes and ask questions (well that last bit is mainly me!!) but they answer and help. xx

LOLOL!! I was just going to say "WELL DONE" huge success! Oh, are you 3 lbs underweight now? Do you have to put it back? I know that sounds a silly question!!
That's really kind of you thank you. I found the page last week and added my SOTW and then couldn't find it again.
I couldn't get my head round the ticker, I changed it quite easily with my first 2 losses, and then of course missed a week and lost a bit of my memory I think where that was concerned, so thank you both (Bev) for your help.

Diary for Thursday is a bit hit and miss, because I'm out most of the day.

B.1/2 grapefruit and black coffee, (didn't have time for anything else or I would have been late for group)
D.:booboo: chicken breast goujons, slice of ham, and a steam pot of mixed veg. The veg was the problem, I nipped into Aldi from group and saw these in the freezer so I thought "lunch in 10 minutes...great" and it was, the veg was SO tasty...and then I read the label......prepared in butter flavoured dressing!! Had nothing on the packet to say what it was or how I could check syns. There was nothing to see at all in with the veg, didn't even know till I tasted it....but oh! it was SO yummy (£1.45 from Aldi)
(I counted 2 syns?)
T. Mullerlite plus raspberries and a banana....snacked on an apple
Buffet at darts..........3 x small triangle sandwiches. (W/M bread, 2 x tuna...1 x ham) oh and a "soldier" of prawn toast. No idea about the syns, but I added 15 for the whole day. (I usually have lager and lime, but last night had diet coke because I knew I'd be eating SOMETHING.
Today, plan to be 100% on plan.
Have a good day all xx

Great loss Polly - well done :)

You want regaling with the scales saga. Well here goes.
I react really badly to processed carbs - so white rice, ordinary pasta, bread, cous cous . . . you name it - I bloat like mad and gain weight.
The only carbs I can eat that don't bloat me are spuds.
I can gain and lose up to 2 kg in a day :eek: depending on what I've had.
Daily weighing helped me identify this - but for many people it can really dishearten them when they see big gains and losses.
These are my results of my daily weighs from last week

smtwhfssm
WEIGHT76.775.975.274.974.774.775.976.476.6
Change (kg)-0.8-0.7-0.3-0.20.0+1.2+0.5+0.2
Change (lb)

-1.76-1.54-0.66-0.440.0+2.65+1.1+0.44
My pattern is always that I lose during the week and gain at the weekends - as this is when we usually meet up with friends and have a meal &/or a few glasses of wine!

Last edited:
All in all though you've stayed the same pretty much all the week...so you're only 3 kilos from target? Is that where you need to be...just read something about maintaining..either a little above or below? or do you want to lose that last little bit? In your photos you look like 2 different people!:) xx

All in all though you've stayed the same pretty much all the week...so you're only 3 kilos from target? Is that where you need to be...just read something about maintaining..either a little above or below? or do you want to lose that last little bit? In your photos you look like 2 different people!:) xx
Thank you for the lovely compliment chica. Yes - I definitely AM two different people.
My arthritis is now under control and I can walk and talk at the same time! Something I really struggled to do 7 years ago through too much flab and the pain of the arthritis. But the sun and the lower weight has helped this.

I'm actually 3.4 kgs over target - thats 7 lbs :eek:
I got to 2 kgs below at one point and thought about changing my target - but tI couldn't maintain that at all.
Maintenance is 3 lbs either way i.e. 1.4 kgs and I'm struggling a bit at the mo to get back within range.
I'll get there (say she hopefully) but it is harder than I thought it would be as I stayed within range for over 12 months.
Since Xmas it's been HARD - and I don't really know why.

Last edited:
:) Well I think you've had more than a little stress (I read the rest of your diary the other night) what with your hubby, and your Mum and now this lot with the non payers, that's more than enough. I've got a couple of friends that whittle and worry and the weight just drops off them, I think mine stays around to give me a cuddle!:sigh:
You couldn't have got where you ae now without lots of determination, and I'm sure you've got enough to see it to the end...even if you do get "tipsy" every now and again!lol!

...even if you do get "tipsy" every now and again!lol!
Bit tipsy now :8855:
Been at another birthday party tonight (that I'd totally forgotten about) since 17:00.
Just got back and it's now 23:28 here.
Oh dear - far too much wine and patatas bravas consumes.
There goes another good week :(

. . . I've got a couple of friends that whittle and worry and the weight just drops off them, I think mine stays around to give me a cuddle!:sigh:
Some people starve themselves when they get worried. When I worry, I comfort eat. Booger.

It's very rare that anything puts me off my food!!:sigh:

Hi Kally! Well I have my youngest son here this weekend, he loves 100+ miles away in Cardiff, and I was SO looking forward to seeing him....but it's like having a messy teen at home again. My bathroom is full of all sorts of bottles, and containers, lounge looks as if a bomb has hit it, and although he's just gone out, I can see traces of him everywhere, phone case, keys, hairbrush...1 sock!! sometimes I'm SO glad I live alone! lolol!
Well today I tried Scan Bran... HOW FILLING IS THAT??!! Had a bit of a talk about it at group, most pulled faces and said YUK... some crumbled it and added it to soups like PuppetWitch, but on the whole it was disliked......and I'm the opposite and liked it. I just had it with my salad lunch spread with a cheesy triangle and couldn't believe how nice I found it PLUS how filling they are! Definitely going to be on my list to buy again next week, I felt as if I'd actually eaten something, not like crispbreads that go down but then you forget you've had them, at least I do. Todays menu

B. 1/2 G/F, 1 slice W/M scrape of tom ketchup and slice of bacon
L. Ham salad, + 2 ScanBran, with cheesy spread........Mullerlite and Blackberries.
D. Lean mince hotpot, full of superfree veggies (haven't had that yet) but cooking broccolli and carrots to go with. Am looking forwards to that later.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Afternoon Polly

Hope you are enjoying the weather
and that your having a nice catch up with son...

I laughed at the Scan bran ....it really is like Marmite
in the fact you either love it or hate it .....
I'm in the hate it department
Have a lovely Sunday

Thanks Kally, and you. I think if you like Crispbreads you would perhaps like these. I honestly wondered what they would be like, and thought maybe you had to have an "acquired taste" for them. the challenge is to eat 5 a day for your HE.B.....don't think I could manage 5 !!There's another one they mentioned at group, can't think of the name, but they're thin, and like eating a piece of card...mind, I put marmite on all of them with cheese and don't reallyl notice.
Son has left now, it will take a few hours to get home, still weather is nice (very windy) but better than pouring rain.
Bev methinks you're a party addict
!:rotflmao:

Back