"Plump Polly".....golden oldie..........Newbie

. . . Bev methinks you're a party addict!:rotflmao:
I wish I were! I actually hate parties. Too loud and noisy for me. I far prefer intimate dinners for 6 or 8 where you can have great conversation.
Being an ex-pat in a foreign country though you need to be seen to join in these things.
Otherwise you're seen as a real stick-in-mud

I don't mind a bit of a party, as long as you can hear what others are saying. Why music has to be so loud that your eardrums vibrate I don't know.....but it does my head in! Don't really go to any parties anymore, but we have girly nights in with the darts team, Murder Mysteries where we all dress up for our parts...lots of falling down water...and always a great night. I'd rather do something like that personally. Hope you're having a good weekend xx

I don't mind a bit of a party, as long as you can hear what others are saying. Why music has to be so loud that your eardrums vibrate I don't know.....but it does my head in! Don't really go to any parties anymore, but we have girly nights in with the darts team, Murder Mysteries where we all dress up for our parts...lots of falling down water...and always a great night. I'd rather do something like that personally. Hope you're having a good weekend xx
Sounds just like the things I like too!
But what on earth is lots of falling down water. I have visions of all you ladies falling down a well for some strange reason!

:8855:OMYLIFE!!! lolol booze M'Dear, Booze!!

Have got a pond!! don't think the goldfish would be too happy! lol!

Now that's not a phrase I've ever heard before! Heard "falling down juice" but not water. LOL

You're up late chica? Another insomniac for the club?
Mind you, I really am going to bed now as its 03:00 here and I promised myself an early night!
Hey ho - speak tomorrow night, as I'm out most of the day. Ex-Pat bridge session.

I'm a terrible sleeper, always wake up 3 or 4 times a night. I worked nights for years......think my body clock is back to front, I can sleep after lunch for England, but night time is a no no...drives me barmy!
Chat later, have a good day (hope you win!)xx

Me too Polly - not the working nights that is, but I could happily sleep in the afternoons.
I used to go for a siesta but I felt so yuk afterwards and then hardly slept at all at night so I soon gave that up.
Off to bridge - unlikely that we'll win. my brain is still a bit befuddled.

:8855:OMYLIFE!!! lolol booze M'Dear, Booze!!

Have got a pond!! don't think the goldfish would be too happy! lol!

Lol I dunno you could always pretend you were teaching those
fishies to swim lol

Merry Monday Polly
What's on the agenda for the day ahead ?

Hi Kally, no bites today I hope? x

Sometimes I just have to give in and have a nap in the afternoon, but I try and fight it because I know the next night will be even worse!

Well I had the last of my pack of ScanBran today....cheese and cucumber and a slice of ham, and peppermint tea! Not a lover of P.T but it says to drink lots of water, and I'm not a lover of that either, so had some drinks with no milk.
Made a low fat jelly today, and filled the bowl with fresh strawberries and let it set, added a Mullerlite......add it was just scrumptious! Thing is it made me feel as if I'd cheated it was so good, but only 1.5 syns for the Muller!
I put a whole 6 pack in the freezer and wished I hadn't. They take ages to become edible, and I was hoping for something like a tub of ice cream but it didn't work that way!
Hope you've all had a good day! xx

Hi Kally, no bites today I hope? x

She must have done an Heisenberg in her sleep and come to Spain to get bitten!
And I've been bitten to death again tonight!

Aparently the trick with Mullers is to only leave them in the fridge for 30 minutes, stir up the ice crystals and put back for a while longer and then eat. Lots of people moaned about them being too solid when they froze them. I wish I could try it - but they are almost impossible to get here. Unless I do a long trip to Iceland and pay the earth for them.

Bridge did not go well :cry: so I'm off to bed now as actually feeling quite sleppy after a pants night last night.
Speak tomorrow chica.

Am so sorry Kally, I didn't realise you'd asked a question. I've been decorating...well that was the idea, but a neighbour popped in for her card order, just as I'd started.....which was fine...but she never wants to go back home again! 2 hours later and I had to ask her to leave politely....then I got stuck in the tennis, so ended up painting this evening! Doing hall, stairs and landing, so big job...and tomorrow it's "walk the plank day" so I can do the ceiling...am just hoping the plank will hold me!!:eek: I hope you've had a good day?
OH BEV! well mine have been in for a week.....trust me! the lady who told me never mentioned a time, just to stick them in the freezer, but I won't make that mistake again. I thawed one out this morning and left it in the fridge, and although it actually tasted fine, it looked curdled and almost put me off!:(

I've never managed to successfully freeze a muller Polly - given up now! Especially when you can have a minimilk ice cream for 1.5 syns or a mars bar mini ice cream for 3.5 syns!

Am so sorry Kally, I didn't realise you'd asked a question. I've been decorating...well that was the idea, but a neighbour popped in for her card order, just as I'd started.....which was fine...but she never wants to go back home again! 2 hours later and I had to ask her to leave politely....then I got stuck in the tennis, so ended up painting this evening! Doing hall, stairs and landing, so big job...and tomorrow it's "walk the plank day" so I can do the ceiling...am just hoping the plank will hold me!!:eek: I hope you've had a good day?
OH BEV! well mine have been in for a week.....trust me! the lady who told me never mentioned a time, just to stick them in the freezer, but I won't make that mistake again. I thawed one out this morning and left it in the fridge, and although it actually tasted fine, it looked curdled and almost put me off!:(

That's okay Polly

Most people ignore me anyway ;) PMSL

You be careful up on that plank today lady
I don't want no accidents

Planks are banned in our house - as are ladders. That's how hubs put himself in hospital on 2003!
Fell of ladder onto point of open concrete step. Bust 2 ribs then flew back from Spain to UK and punctured his lung.
Silly boy.

So you just be careful!

Hi ladies, Oh! Kally would never ignore anyone, least of all someone who takes the time to come say Hello...I don't know how I missed it!
Plank done.....well as much as I can anyway....I'm a good 2 feet short of reaching the ceiling so it has to go up on a chair. I won't do that here on my own, have persuaded my daughter to come and sit on it, while I paint. It's only at the top of the wall and about 2 feet of ceiling...perhaps about 8 square feet altogther/ I can reach the rest, but a decorator wants at the minimum £50 to do that.........I'm not tight, but really begrudge paying that sort of money out if I can do it myself!
Don't think (well I hope)I'd fall far....might do in a years (or more) time when I'm slim!!
:rotflmao:

BEV, just been reading an article about Peppermint tea. I bought a couple of herbal teas when I started the diet, but I didn't know Peppermint helps you to sleep better. Did you? At least it says to have a cup before bedtime...I always thought it aided indigestion.....but apparently it relaxes you and helps sleep deprivation xx

Thanks for the suggestion Polly - but I'm not a big fan of herbal teas, and I realy can't stand either Comomile or Peppermint.
I hate cleaning my teeth with toothpaste because of the mint in it!

I use lavendar oil every night and rub it on my shoulders - that's supposed to relax you and help you sleep.
Now't.

I've tried herbal sleeping pills available here. They are supposed to make you drowsy within 30 minutes and put you to sleep for at least 4 hours.
They "sort of" work. I read a book once I've taken them and they take about 90 minutes to make me feel a bit sleepy and then I do nod off. But I might have done that anyway. And I wake up after about 2 hours!

I just accept now that I'm a bit of an insomniac and live with it and work my life around it.

How are you? Hope you're not feeling stiff from all that painting.

Hi ladies, haven't been on the pc since this morning, I started to get a migraine (too much reading online I think) so switched off. No am not aching, I've been doing bits for weeks, but to start with, I ached everywhere!
I've got some herbal sleeping tablets too, can't say they've made much difference. there was a sleep "doctor" on breakfast news some weeks ago who said reading at bed time kept you awake...so I put my Kindle away and haven't read since. Stupid idea because I sit up on the pc instead. I wake up every couple of hours too!
I love anything minty, but this IS quite strong, but I'd try anything if I thought it would help, mind I've just made a cuppa......an forgot about peppermint tea!! xx

LOL - what are you like?
Mind you, I often make a cuppa and then forget to drink it :(

Last edited:
Hi Polly came to sub your diary seen you on other people's pages! Well done on your weight loss so far, I'm on my 3rd week with SW and loving it.

Sent from my iPhone
1st weigh in 24/6/13 -1lb (-57lb)
1/7/13 - 3lb (60lb)

Back