Plus dress sizes

spannerpan

Hi all

Looking on the Tesco clothes website I noticed how manufacturers really are flattering those with the "fuller figure". Look at the sizes here and notice how a size 16 in true range is actually equivalent to a 20/22 in the normal range. No wonder I have been fitting OK into my size 18 jeans wondering why I am a snug 22 in everything else!

I wonder if the likes of Evans do the same?

Last edited:
Anne Harvey are the worst for it. I'm a full 2 sizes smaller in there! Sometimes it's tough getting things *small* enough!

Maybe Evans just want to hang on to their customers by making them think they aren't small enough to get clothes anywhere else!

I'm currently about a size 22 but bought a pair of really nice stretchy jean-style trousers in a size 20 from a charity shop to 'shrink into'. They're by Evans and when I got home and tried them on (knowing they'd be too small but wanting to see by how much). I was shocked when I could barely get them over my hips. I was expecting a gap of about 2 or 3 inches between the button and button-hole but they gape by about 6 inches!! There's NO WAY that's one size smaller than I am now! They're more like an 18.

I can get into BHS stretchy jeans in a size 18 so I suspect Evan's sizing is way out.

Shops always have their own way to size the clothes of their collections. And there are of course difference between countries. Everytime I am back home in France, I don't even bother going clothes shopping as I know that they won't do anything for my size.:eek:

I also noticed that shops more "teenager" orientated tend to have clothes smaller than in other shops. Eg, whenever I am in Newlook, the size 12 looks so small! My sister is a very thin girl and wears a size 10, and whenever I buy her something from Newlook, I always have to take a size 12. She is not happy :p

LOL Spannerpan, I think I will rather need a whole year!!!! :rolleyes:

Back