Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Poached pears

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by *honey, 18 August 2010 Social URL.

1. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I made a scrummy pudding tonight.
    Poached pears in red wine. i based it on a recipe i did pre SW and also from the SW book.

conference pears one per person ( 3 of us) peeled but leave stalk on
    300ml red wine
    300ml water
    5 tbsp sweetner
    cinnamon powder
    2 star anise

put all ingredients in to a pan and bring to boil and then simmer with a lid on for 30 mins, turning pears over every so often.
    remove pears and boil liquid until reduced and syrupy.
    serve and enjoy :)

the 300ml of wine in 10syns so between 3 of us 3.5 syns.
    Now i decided i was not going to syn the pear, as i was only eating one and i could just as easily eaten the raw pear with the sauce, so was not synning the cooked pear. if you are going to syn the pear add 2syns ( i could only find syns for 113g stewed without sugar)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    Made this again for pudding tonight. this time took a pic

[​IMG]

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.