Podgeys Shrinking Diary...

My CDC has just gone and because there is no one heere to hear me and see me jumping up and down for joy... I am chuffed to report on my first week of CD I have lost 13lbs....That makes 69lbs altogether 4st 13lbs i think... :bliss:

My counsiler is quite new and I am her heaviest client so far.. Think she was more excited than I was when I got on the scales.. I know it won't keep coming off so fast and it is due to me being larger than the average bear but that is why I like this so much It is not going to take me 5 years to get to a healthy weight...
I was really worried about the swop from LT but this has boosted my confidence with it. I have found CD loads easier than LT so its CD for me from now on.. I have got the MIx a mousse stuf to try this week and a few different flavours of soup so feel I will be fine... :D
Just had to tell someone so off now and will pop back later........
XXXXXXXX

CONGRATULATIONS Podgey !! Goin' great hun :D

just being nosey....does your Counsellor come to you ??

catch ya later...

love

Debz
xx

fantastic! keep it up, we can all DO IT!

Amy

CONGRATULATIONS Podgey !! Goin' great hun :D

just being nosey....does your Counsellor come to you ??

catch ya later...

love

Debz
xx

Hi Debz and thanks.. Yes my cousellor does come to me.. She is fantastic. She explained that lots of CDC's work differently and she likes the one to one contact and finds her clients do best with this. she doesn't charge any more for the home visits ajust the price of the packs. She will come every week or every other if you prefere and we just sit for about half an hour and chat about how my weeks gone and if I have any questions worries ect...if you don't want her to come to you she sets sat morn and a couple of evenings aside for people to go to her house...
I feel very lucky to have found her.....

WELL DONE Polishrose.. We are shrinking we.......:superwoman:

Thanks to everyone else for all you kind words.. It means so much to feel like you are not alone in this....
XXXXX:grouphugg:

I Found Your Thread!!!

Hi Podgey,

Must say that I'm really chuffed with myself for finding your thread!

Congratulations on the 4st 13lb loss so far!:D Honey, you are doing great and in no time you'll be at target! That's the great thing about CD - you can actually visualise the end!

Just wanted to quickly pop on and add my congratulations ... you resisted temptation beautifully and if you carry on as you are - you'll be fine. I'm told it's all about the PMA (positive mental attitude).

Will check in with you later!
Bev x;)

Good evening or is is tommorrow yet? Well I know it's late..

I have had a really odd day today and a few times I really thought I was going to give in..:eek:
I have had loads of hassle over something with my uni course, it's been my 13 year olds parents evening, my hubby got called into work tonight unexpectedly ( I am rubbish in the evening on my own, I mooch around the fridge) and I have felt really munchie...:boohoo:
I think this proves to me (not that I didn't already know) that I use food as a crutch when I get anxious. I always thought I ate when I was unhappy but this has been my first really irrale day and the first thing I wanted was food....

So I have done all the things I tell others to try, you know, hot bath, dog walk, good film ect.. I have paced up and down my living room and read through loads of new threads on here... I have survived!!!!!!:clap:

I am just going to write this and then off to bed, I have 2 very busy days to come (just how I like it -no time to think about eating) so I'm sure that I will be fine.

I have been invited out with the girls on Friday though and I am decideing whether I should remain a hermit for another week or go out and have a boogie on the soda water. Just worried about the temptation really. I used to love my Friday girls night out but have not been since well before Christmas..... I will decide how strong I am feeling on the day I think....
Any way Have a lovely Thursday and stick at it..
Kindest regards
XXXXXXXX

well done on recognising your eating triggers!

Hope all your irritations sort themselves out <hugs>

Amy

OHHH GODDDD!!!!
I am soooooo stupid!!!!!
Had an awful day today and I caved at tea time. My mum came round and invited herself for tea. I had my evening all mapped out and I had made spag bol for the kids, I was going to get on with some uni work til 9 and then go to bed and watch my fav ER on tele...
Thing is I haven't told my Mum that I am doing this, she thinks I am just cutting down and thats how I am losing weight. Thing is she would just go on and on at me (as she has done with every diet I have ever done) she only believes in eating healthy and no quick fixes and thats it!
So firstly I hate lieing and felt rubbish telling her that I ate lunch late and that was why I wasn't eating with the kids. Whats more I made the kids play along because they know what I am doing. I felt really terrible when she had gone and just went up to my room like a big kid and balled my eyes out. :cry:
Convinced myself I shouldn't be doing this because I feel so bad about everyone moaning at me so it makes my lie, and that I was going back to eating straight away. I then went to the fridge and stuffed down a bowl of cold mashed carrots and turnip left over from yeaterdays tea. (what was that all about?) Didn't stop there and had 2 slices of bread spread with salad cream. (what for I don't know, it was just there).:doh:
Now I feel so pooh and am soo mad with myself. Not just for eating but for being so silly not telling my mum I am doing this diet. I AM 35 FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

I am sick of feeling guilty about food and my battle with my weight, sick of trying not to upset any of my family and friend and have them go off on one because they don't understand just how desperate I am to be smaller... Can't believe I have managed 6 weeks and let myself down!!!!.

Right... Rant over... I need to go to sleep.. Put this stupid day down to experience and get back to it!!!!
I will not be beaten.. Not this time... I am going to do this...
I am doing this!!!!

:whoopass:
xxxxxxxx

Podgey, you need to put this behind you now. It was a couple of hours out of 6 weeks, you have come so far. I bet your 'blow-outs' pre LL consisted of a lot more then cold carrots and turnip and bread and salad cream.....what I am trying to say is that this diet has already changed your outlook and way of thinking, If you are anything like me a Pre LL blowout wasn't considered a blow out until I had stuffed so much chocolate and chips that I had prop myself up in bed. So please put this into perspective and realise that you have done so well and that tomorrow IS another day. I know it is hard, but YOU can do it, you are doing it. Stay strong and keep smiling, Love, Angela x

you have come a long way - one mistake doesn't ruin the whole diet!

Amy

Podgey-I have done the same this week-convinced myself that I can't do this diet and that it's bad for the kids to see me not eating and I ate(a lot more than you).I have pinpointed it to having the bars though-they seem to set off mass cravings for me!I won't be having the bars again and I WILL be sticking to it from now on.Right now-even though I bought strawberries and oranges today and would really like them!)I am NOT going to be fat this summer!!Hang in there Podgey!One slip up does not ruin the diet.Just get straight back on it!{{{hugs}}} You can do it-I have faith in you!!

Thank you everyone for your very much needed support....

Friday and yesterday I was still feeling like I could eat the world and just spent most of the day in bed watching tele trying no to give in to my demons....Thankfully I didn't and today I feel much more in control again.....

Thank you p.r....I know what you mean about worrying avout the kids.. mine are 10 and 13 and have never seen me slim.. I really think they understand why I am doing this and hope it won't affect them at all.. They are very health consious- really because of what they learn in school.. I'm not saying they don't enjoy a treat but they both have good varied diets.. Thankfully they aren't fussy eaters.. (they are having marlin steaks for tea).

I also realise that 1 bad day doesn't have to be the end of it all... If i got a bunch of flowers with 1 dead droopy flower in the middle I wouldn't throw the whole bunch away.. I would pluck it out and rearange them..So not giving in to this.......I was just so suprised that it affected me so badly when I ate. Think it's because this means so much to me and I was doing so well.(I felt a bit invincable I think and came back to earth with a big bump.)....:psiholog:

Really glad you got back on the waggon as well... We can do this.. we can!!!!!!!!

Kindest regards to everyone..
Have a great day xxxxxxxx:thankyou:

I have not been on for a few days been really busy thankfully so not had time to think about missing my old best pal (food)....
I think I am over my disater last week and feeling pretty good again thank goodness... I decided not to get on the scales on Monday though.. I had it in my head that if I had still lost weigh after cheating that i would think I had got away with it feel free to have a day off every week... My CDC was just lovely and gave me some tips about what to do is I am desperate again.... It is a strange feeling not knowing how I have done this week though.. I am usually only just about coming down from my cloud 9 on friday after mondays weigh in but hey.. maybe it will be fantastic next week....

I have had a mini triumph today though.. We had to go out as a group from uni today.. the group had chosen to go to a Chinese resaturant (this was decided months ago before I started this).. I was really worried about it because no-one there knows I am on CD and didn't really want to have to explain.. So I just said my stomach was a bit off and sat with my water and joined in the procceding without any trouble at all....
If I can resist that I think I can take on the world because I luuuve chinese food..:drool:

So we will see what tommorrow brings.. I have startd to look on this as a day at a time thing instead of looking at the long term.. For me, even though the weight is coming off at a great rate I know this its not all going to be gone by the summer and I will be CDing for a good few months and that used to really get to me.. I would think I will never eat again and I think that it partly what sent me over the edge last week. So now it's today was a good day and tommorrow is a new good day in waiting....

Wanted to ask as well... is this the right place to post my diary thing or should it be somwhere else? It really helps me to waffle on like I do.. It's lovely to feel you are talking to people who truely understand how this feels, and to people who have come good at the end of it......

Thanks for listening

have a great day 2moz.. keep strong........:)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Podgy , i've just read your diary,& I feel so moved by it.You're determinaton & fight are palpable & you've done so well so far.any support you want/need just tap it in here I (& the rest of minimins) are here to offer any help we can.

A couple of things I'd like to add;

I know you feel rotten lying to your mum & lying is never good.Sometimes it can be expedient.We all tell white lies to avoid hurting others.Can you think of your not telling your mum about CD ( because you,probably rightly, think she'll not understand, tell you it's unhealthy,undermine all the work so far.) is a white lie in reverse.You aredoing it to protect yourself from hurt.
You don't have to dig v deep on this site to find people who've had astonishingly rude antagonistic responses from others they've told.And there are many more who have just not come out of the closet at all for fear of receiving similar insults.

I have told no-one but H & kids.I've no parents alive so that's not a problem.(but it sure would have been if my mother were still around).Nor have I really thought out what to tell, to whom or when. I will probably go by gut feeling .

The main prejudice about VLCD is that it must be unhealthy.It seems to me that if I (you) do it for a good time,lose a load of weight & instead of looking pale & feeling weak we actually have clear skin & loads of energy,then, when I do 'fess-up, I will be living proof that it can't be "dangerous".

Didn't mean to write a treatise,sorry if i've laboured the point a bit.was just trying to help ease your conscience.

Keep up the FAB weight loss.

ps your comment about 'today was a good day & tomorow is another good waitingto happen'=spot on. Especially for us century clubbers,trying to look ahead to goal (even on CD) is too far away to be anything other than daunting & demotivating.
pps I'm sending you some tibettan cherry bark to keep you cheerful

Attachments

• DSCN0174s-ac.JPG
    DSCN0174s-ac.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 25
Oh & ppps.you asked about where your diary shouls be placed.I'm not anexpert,but most of them are in the Diaries section.But you're in CD which is fine,you could even go in to the WeMITT's subsection.
if you want it moved ask Pierce=Mini's son.He's in charge of all the clever technical stuff on the site.

Thank you so much Jane for your very kind words and I have sort of chilled a bit about the Mum thing..

She came round this evening and brought the ususal wonderful home made coconut loaf and carrot cakes a few scones and a pot of extra thick jersey cream. She is always baking and loves seeing my boys 'eating well'. Bless her she loves us to bits and I am so grateful for her.

I have stopped beating myself up about not telling her the whole truth about my diet it is much more important to still be here in a few years than stop this because my Mum dissaproves.
Plus if I think back to what I used to get up to in my teenage years and never told her, god forbid she ever find out, think she would find a way to put me over her knee even now.:giggle:

This week hasn't been to bad at all after my traumas of the previous one. I have managed to stay on the right track and am looking forward to my weigh in in the morning.
Thankfully I have another busy week ahead. I tend to just not think about food if I am busy now. I'ts funny how habbits do change. Before I started this everything revolved around meal times. If I were going shopping my route would be planned so I ended up somewhere nice for lunch. We would shop in the supermarkets who did the best cooked breakfast.
I was also looking at the money side of things last night. The few I have told about this diet have a look of shock when they hear how much it costs me every week. I have 4 packs a day due to me being 5-11 so its 44.50 a week for me. I was trying to weigh up if I am justified on spending this much just on me every week when I have a family. Then my hubby pointed out that we when we used to go to the lovely garden centre down the road for breakfast we spend 40 quid (it is fantastic but pricey) and then another 50 on Friday night out (vodka redbulls) so I am actually saving the family a bomb....
Thing is what price do you put on your health. I have had 7 pain killer free days this week. I haven't done that in 4 years. (theres another saving. no brufen and paracetamol). I used to take them everyday for my painful knee and back but I haven't needed then at all.:D

Hubby did add though that if I carrry on I am going to need a 2nd mortgage for all the clothes I am going to buy.. As yet I have had my sewing machine out and keep taking a few inches at a time off my ever sagging bottom bit (in my trousers)....

Think I have rambeled on far too much now so I will say good Night.. I will check in 2moz..
Have a great day..
xxxxxxxxxxx:)

Back