Podgeys Shrinking Diary...

good luck for ur weigh in. u really r doing fab :D

maybe a tip for you on the clothes/2nd mortgage lol. hubby is buying me £50 worth of clothes vouchers for every stone i lose and for special occasions (birthday, mothers day, wedding anniverary etc) so by the end of the diet i will have a good few hundred quids worth of spree dosh that isnt hitting our bank account all at once. i have £250 so far and cant wait for mothers day LOL. cant wait to get my mitts on M&S slim undies, dorethy perkins and next togs :D

Karen..
I like the idea of 50 quid a stone.. Seeing i have about 15 to lose it could be very nice by the end. Think I will put this to my hubby..
Like you I cannot wait to shop in some 'ordinary' shops... For as long as I remember I have shopped soley at evans.. it's only now and again they have any bargins and it costs so much per item.. I can't wait to go to a real sale somewhere and just pick something off a rail because I like it and not just because the lable says 'yes you will squeeze into this'....
can't wait for some lacey underwear either.. M & S won't know whats hit it when I can fit into thier size range........
OHH i'm getting all excited..........

kindest regards

XXXXXXX

Another thought..
I think he owes me back pay as well don't you? :giggle:

Goes without saying!

Hi everyone..
Just popped on to say I have had a really good day..
I had my weigh in and lost 4lbs this week.. This is the least I have lost since starting and I thought I would be feeling down.. but you know what I feel great.. it's TOM and I am feeling bloaty but no where near as bad as I did before I lost any wieght. Think alot of my problems with painful and heavy TOM were really compounded by my weight and as it comes off the symptoms seem to be getting less... Fingers crossed this will carry on...

Have a great day 2moz..
Kindest regards
:D

Hi everyone..
Just popped on to say I have had a really good day..
I had my weigh in and lost 4lbs this week.. This is the least I have lost since starting and I thought I would be feeling down.. but you know what I feel great.. it's TOM and I am feeling bloaty but no where near as bad as I did before I lost any wieght. Think alot of my problems with painful and heavy TOM were really compounded by my weight and as it comes off the symptoms seem to be getting less... Fingers crossed this will carry on...

Have a great day 2moz..
Kindest regards
:D

Hiya Podgey - 4lbs is FAB - well done you ! :D

and great to hear that TOM is a lot easier for you now that you've lost so much weight !

You are doing really well....keep up the FAB work hun :)

love

Debz
xx

-4lb is briliant podgey.You can't expect to carry on losing 1/2 stone every week.
by my reckoning you're just a whisker off losing 6stone.
Fab or what!
can we all come over to your diary next week for a glass of bubbly water to celebrate?

Hi everyone...
i have had a trauma with my computer.. The stupid thing has crashed and I have had to send it away to get it sorted.. I'm in uni this morning so just checking in to get my fix of all you fab miniminers!!!!!!

It is amazing how much I have come to rely on my PC for company in the evening and have felt lost without it for the past few days.(how sad is that).. Thing is my worse time for mooching in the fridge is in the eveningand I am always alone then. My hubby works most evenings from 3pm till around 12.30am.. so I am left to my own divices. After the kids have gone to bed I usually pop on the pc and have a good read of the forums. Hopefully it will be fixed by this afternoon and I can have my pal back for tonight.. (hope i've not turned one addiction into another) addicted to pc... don't think so.. I my habds aren't shaking (as yet)......

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement angain this week... I was chuffed to bits with the 4 as it goes....even more chuffed that I didn't feel like a balloon this month.. hope this is the start of things to come...
Have a fab day

xxxxxxxxxxxx:wavey:

Glad to se you back & still doing fine.

I've been having a bit of a How-sad-am-I-to-be-here-every-night internal debate too.

H thinks it's def sad but grudgingly added that if it helps he supposes it must be ok.He heartly loathes computers."have to use them at work, don't expect me to touch them at home"

On the other hand it's no worse than sitting in front of the telly for 2-3 hrs in the evening & consoderably less passive.

I used to find that watching TV my hands & head told me a glass of wine would improve the experience.Tapping here the thought doesn't arise ,even if H hasgot one.

I'm trying to be less antsocial. So if H puts Tv on I bring laptop down & sort of watch,chat to H,& read & type from my sofa.Also I'm hoping that it'll help to break the association between tv-sofa & wine that I've built up over years.

only a few days til your next WI -good luck & hope home PC back from hospital soon

I depend on my pc, too.

Not sure how I ever managed without one! Yes you sit down a lot but as mentioned already sitting at your desk is no worse than sitting in front of the TV.

I'd be lost without internet access. I love my pc!

:D Hurray...
My baby is back from the docs.......

Only just picked it up and it was very poorly.. The nice pc doctor has had to wipe everything off and start again from scratch, which is a bit frustrating because I have lost all my email addresses but he did manage to save all my course work onto a stick thing (thank god, 2 years worth of essays) .. The moral of this story is to back everything up as you go.....Anyway my baby is back and just like new.. it is super fast as well, prob because it's not full of rubbish anymore.. Have to say though I was stir crazy last night felt I had nothing to do .. Hubby at work most of my friends where out and no pc so ended up going for a drive.. Quite enjoyed it actually.. Had my music up full blast singing my head off..... the things you do to stop keep from eating?

Had a weird thing as well today.. I was rubbing my hands together (trying to warm them) and they didn't feel like my hands.. My fingers have gone thin over night!!! I have noticed my rings getting a bit looser over the past few weeks but this is a big difference all at once.... praying for the same thing to happen to my backside tonight..
got everything crossed :giggle:

Had a bit of news this week as well....
don't know if I have already said before but I am a student nurse. The course consists of 50% uni time and 50% practice placements in hospital and community. We have 2 main placements this year one in the community and one in critical care. I was told I would be in community first which ment my critical care would only start in October. For some reason they have changed things and I have swopped so start my Critical care bit on the 24th April.. I have got theatres for my placment which I was looking forward to very much in October.. Problem is my biggest fear has always been ( this sound really silly in the sceme of things) that I will not fit in the scrubs that you have to wear in theatre. I have managed to let out my general uniform for the wards but the scrubs don't belong to you and obviously you don't bring them home or get chance to check out the sizes before hand.. Going off what I have already seen they come in s, m, l & Xl but I know Xl won't fit... I was about a size 32/34 before I started this and am still in the same clothes just taken them in (poor student can't afford to buy new stuff all the time)... I have only a few weeks to make a big difference and just hope and pray I am not going to embarrass myself too much.....I am having nightmares about turning up and not getting the trousers past my thighs...:sigh:

I have always been able to get round things somehow before, you become very sneaky when you have too and am trying desperatly to come up with a plan of action for this......

Have a great rest of sat..
Kindest regards xxxxxxxx

Hi there

Just caught the end of your message regarding theatre scrubs.

I work in theatres doing admin, why dont you pop up to your theatres beforehand & just ask to borrow a pair to try on at your leisure!

We often have nurses from A&E coming up to borrow some as someone has been ill over their uniform - I am sure you know what I mean!

Failing that have a word with the theatre manager as I am sure it's not the first time they have come up against this query.

Good luck anyway you seem to have done really well. Keep it up

Hi there

Just caught the end of your message regarding theatre scrubs.

I work in theatres doing admin, why dont you pop up to your theatres beforehand & just ask to borrow a pair to try on at your leisure!

We often have nurses from A&E coming up to borrow some as someone has been ill over their uniform - I am sure you know what I mean!

Failing that have a word with the theatre manager as I am sure it's not the first time they have come up against this query.

Good luck anyway you seem to have done really well. Keep it up

I agree. The NHS has plenty of larger employees so you might find they do have theatre greens to fit. But if not ,by going in advance they have time to sort it out.
This will take guts ,but you sound a pretty go-&-get-'m lady. Just turning up on the morning of your first dy in theatre & being unable to change will,I reckon be more embarrasing & probably get less sympathey ,esp if it's a rather stretched department.
Do tell us how you get on,my brave friend.

I am going to take the bull by the whatsits and give them a ring in the morning....
A few of my close friends on the course are taking the micky out of me saying that they are worried about fainting over or feeling queezy or makeing mistakes ect.. I can't wait to get stuck in just hope I can get the pants on..LOL:giggle:

Seriously though it is soooo frustrating to be bothered by such trivial things that people of normal size never have to think about... That will be me soon!!!!!!!

Any way hope all you MUMs are having a fab day...I would have been so easy to stuff my face with choccies today and had 2 invites to go out for tea but NO....
My boys are 13 and 10 and have been angels today... brought me a black tea in bed this morn.. stuck home made banners up all over the house 'best mum in the world'. I got some lovely tulips and have spent most of the day with feet up being pampered.....

It's my wigh in in the morning.. I get really excited.. :silly:silly I know but I can't help it.....
Not just for the weight loss but because I will have all mi flavours back to choose from again.. Still feel like I am on holiday doing CD after doing LT I only liked 2 of the flavour and they weren't that great...:crazy:
Have a lovely rest of the day..

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello

Hello Podgey
I reall admire your honesty and realy hope you reach your goal. I know how you feel though. I startd CD lSole Source ast Thursday and this is my fourth day. I don't feel hungry at all and think I have lost quite a few pounds already. I did start a couple of weeks ago and went into CD gradually, having two meal replacements and an evening meal. In that time I lost 6 1/2 pounds and can't wait to see the weight loss when I go this Thursday. I know I am in ketosis because I have used the strips which is a good feeling as I know all that fat is being eaten away (I hope). I have about 5 stones to lose to feel comfortable but more like 7 to be where I was pre marriage and children etc. The way I feel, five stone would be so good. Do keep us all posted as to how you are doing as four stone is an amazing amount so well done!
:)

awe thanks elaine....

Really glad you are enjoying CD.. Have to say well done for starting it gradually like you did... I jumped in with both feet and found it really hard.. I did Lipotrim at first though (i hadn't heard of CD) I am so gratful I found it though...what a difference....
started Cd on 19th Feb and did Lipotrim a few weeks before that so I am over the moon with my weight loss to date... think it's about a pound off 6 stone now.. who would of thought this could happen to me.. I know over Christmas when I was stuffing my face with all sorts of stuff washed down with baileys:drool: I made a new years resoloution but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would keep it up.. This sort of thing happens to those amazing women you read about in the mags....
Stick at it elaine.. you are doing fab..
:thankyou:

I am going to take the bull by the whatsits and give them a ring in the morning....

Good on you podgy.do tell us how you get on.

Good evening everyone..
I had my wiegh in this morn and am very pleased to report I lost another 7lbs this week... ( i have been trying to update my ticker thing but having trouble)that makes 6stone 6lbs i think....I am made up.. cock a hoop.. over the moon.....:bliss:

I am on my add a meal week this week so am having some cottage cheese with celery this evening.. I was getting a bit worried about eating somthing but am fine now (thanks to every one who replied to my post)...

Have busy day 2 moz so check-in in the evening...
Have a great night and a lovely Tuesday.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Podgey,
caught your post on the getting to know you thread and your loss so far is amazing, well done. :D It's an inspiration.
Bet your family are so proud of you, keep it up and let us know how it's going ;)

Just give your mum a hug and then ignore her - mine has always been 9 stone wet through and constantly mentioned i could do with losing a bit of weight throughout my life - then when i asked her to guess what i had lost in 6 weeks today she suggested 5 stone :rolleyes: - so i told her she was totally unrealistic and have given up on her now ;) ..... unfortunately i've already sent her the flowers :D

Brilliant podgey.
Another -7lbs....wey hey!!!

Bye Bye 1/2 stone Bye bye:wavey:

Back