PogMoma's Diary

Thanks guys. I do find cm loss quite satisfying :) But is my body fat% normal for my BMI? It seems rather high, it means half my body is fat! I have these scales that measure BMI, BMR, body fat, muscle mass and visceral fat. You weigh yourself and then hold this metal handle thing in front of you with your arms out straight and it's supposed to measure everything.

So the Thai dinner.

I was determined not to eat any rice or noodles so I thought I'd ask the waitress what would be suitable to have without them. She kept misunderstanding and said all the mains come by themselves and it's up to me to order rice or noodles with them. If I don't want to have them, I don't need to order them. ARGH. So I explained, usually if you have a curry it's natural to have rice with it but I don't want any rice or noodles so what would be good to have by itself? We kept going round and round in circles so I gave up in the end.

I ordered jasmine tea, a starter - chicken wings stuffed with minced chicken and prawns (was quite nice but I suspect it was deep fried) and main from the grilled food section - king prawns topped with a bit of curry sauce. Had no idea what to expect but the main came out and I knew I was in trouble. Although it was really nice it didn't fill me up at all. In the end I had one of the other girl's tofu and two spoonfuls of rice with the curry sauce. It could have been a lot worse I suppose cos the other girls kept saying how stuffed they were and didn't even think of having dessert!

It felt/feels a bit weird coming home from a dinner out not feeling stuffed or even proper full but then again I wasn't hungry so it was good I stopped eating when I did. I just like the taste of food too much to stop when I need to lol

Back on the wagon from tomorrow. I haven't got any dinner plans for a while now so I should be able to stay on track. Famous last words... :D

Well done on trying to make good choices as the thai pog, I've had that before in an indian restaurant where I just wanted a dry tandori curry and a salad. The waitress just could not understand that I didn't want rice or bread and kept saying 'what will you eat it with though!' You know when you think, just bring me what I've ordered lol.

Hope you've had a good day today :)

Haha funny! I find Indian easier, just order Tandoori chicken or something and salad on the side. I don't think I'd be able to eat Indian curry without rice or naan! The waitress' English wasn't very good so after trying to explain it a few times my friend jumped in to help out but she failed too lol I don't go for Thai often enough to know what dishes I can have when I'm on a low carb diet! The friend whose birthday it was and who chose the place enjoyed it thoroughly tho, she's veggie and that place had a whole page dedicated to veggie dishes and then some which was a nice change for her.

Today went ok until a few mins ago. TOTM has arrived and I found myself attacking my OH's chocolate stash. Oops.

For dinner I made this stir fry type thing with plain tofu, courgettes, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and a dash of cider vinegar. Ooohhh it was soooo good! I nearly ate the whole thing (400g tofu and two courgettes lol) but I quickly put half of it in a container for later and only had half. Must make it again.

"Operation Freezer Clearout" is going well I think. I now have a box of 6x Linda McCartney sausages (prob from my SW days, AGES ago), bacon, prawns, beef burgers and sausages. Oh and some fish. That should be enough to keep me going until Wed when my meat delivery arrives :)

Mmm that tofu stir fry sounds lush! I really like tofu when I have it in a restaurant or whatever but I don't know how to cook it! Would love the recipe if you don't mind :)

Meat delivery should be good, best get eating the freezer stuff though!

X

Tofu stir fry

I made it up as I went along but here goes :D I used the plain Cauldron tofu block. Cut it up into bite size cubes and set aside. Initially cut up one courgette into bite size cube type as well (about 1cm thick) but realised I needed two courgettes for the whole 400g tofu block. Put the tofu and courgettes into pan and put about 2T of soy sauce, 1T of sesame oil, a dash of vinegar and 1t of chilli powder. Stir until courgette look cooked. You will get a lot of water coming out from the tofu and courgette and the tofu may start to crumble as the courgette gets cooked - that's normal.

I was quite hungry so it was done in a bit of a rush and I didn't actually measure the sauce but I think you can adjust it as you like. It works well with broccoli too and noodles if you want.

I don't like salty food but if you like a bit more flavour then you can marinade the tofu before you cook it. Optional - toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top before serving :) Enjoy! x

Defo going to try this thanks Pog! Hope you have a good day :)

X

Today was an ok day. I ran out of oatbran but ordered some in my monthly Tesco delivery for tonight. Might have it if I'm hungry later.

TOTM is finished I think. It's not as bad as it usually is, wonder what that's about?? I wonder if the change of diet has anything to do with it? My hands were super puffy yesterday but it's all calmed down today.

Still doing the stairs at work and went to the gym tonight. OH says he can see that I've lost weight :D

It's been just over a month since I started Dukan, although not 100%, it seems to be working even though it's very slow. As much as I'd like to lose weight quickly at least I'm going in the right direction and I'm not fed up with what I'm doing.

Looking forward to the meat delivery tomorrow hehe :D

That's great about the stair and the gym - and OH noticing that you've lost weight :D Well done! Have a good evening X

Ooohhh the meat :D Today's dinner - fillet steak was soooooo good! Had it with a massive salad. Now I have red onion breath lol

STEAK!!! Can't beat it lol. I really do love steak, sounds good with the salad - that's all you need with it really if it's a proper nice one! Red onion breath hehe I can't stand raw onion but I think I'm in the minority there! Hope you've had a good day today :)

X

I think my body likes steak. Even if I have a massive meal of steak and salad/veg or just steak on its own, weigh in the next morning is really good. Apparently I lost 0.3kg overnight!

Skipped work drinks tonight and went to the gym. So glad I did. I felt so much better for it.

Weigh and measure tomorrow morning. What will it bring.....

Ah also I'd been skipping breakfast cos I fell into the habit of doing so while I was doing 16:8 (only eating between 12-8pm) but I keep forgetting to have my oatbran allowance. So I've decided to have it early in the morning in porridge form. 2T oatbran, 1T wheat bran, sweetener and skimmed milk. I don't think I've had porridge in years, well since I did Dukan last time, and I'd forgotten how good it tastes, yum! I need to get the hang of making it in the microwave tho as nearly half of it bubbled over and ended up outside my bowl lol

WI - week 5

69.2kg (-0.9)

Body fat: 45% (+0.2%)
Muscle mass: 21.7% (-0.5%)
Chest: 99cm (-1)
Left arm: 28cm (-)
Right arm: 29cm (-)
Waist: 83cm (-)
Belly: 103cm (-)
Hips: 104cm (-)
Left thigh: 58cm (-)
Right thigh: 59cm (-)
Left calf: 38cm (-1)
Right calf: 38cm (-1)

Total 3cm loss (total 19cm so far)

Finally the calves are losing cms, they're the last place to go!

It seems like when I have kg losses, the cms don't move much but when the kg stalls, I lose cms. Weird. Whatever the case it's still going down so I'm happy with that.

I have target sizes for each area I measure and apparently I have 87cm from all over to lose to reach my target size lol

Happy Friday all x

Woohoo fantastic result Pog! especially the 19cm off total that is fab! 87cm is not that bad, just keep chipping away, you will get there in the end. Or maybe convert it to inches then it won't seem as much haha!!

Well done on going to the gym after work as well, it's so difficult sometimes when you just want to go home and chill be always feel better for exercising I find!

Hope you have a good weekend :)

X

Thanks Clareel, ok so if I convert cms into inches - I've lost a total 7.5inches and have 34inches to go?? 34inches is a normal bloke's waist size or a normal girl's bust size? Actually I think my target bust size is 34.5inches lol

Hey Pog

You are doing so good with the inches. And as long as you get there (with a few fun meals along the way) its all that matters :D.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

Hey Bonkers, missed you!

I think I have to come to terms with my eating pattern at the mo, I tend to 'go easy' on the rules at the weekends. I'm better at sticking to the rules during the week when I'm at work.

Today I was thinking whether or not what I'm doing is even Dukan. It's more like low carb but not quite Atkins either. Whatever the case it's closest to Dukan and even if it's slow it seems to be working so I'll continue! Everything in moderation :) x

I missed you tooo :bighug:

And I know what you mean about not dukan but not atkins....

I was thinking the same last night. With Atkins you need to figure out your carb tolerance. Now being on Dukan I know my body is happy with the carbs I'm consuming and I'm in keto and still losing! So no bothering with counting - however, adding butter to my steak now :drool: - oh gosh it was delish!

xx

Evening Pog, hope you've had a good day today :)

X

I missed you tooo :bighug:

And I know what you mean about not dukan but not atkins....

I was thinking the same last night. With Atkins you need to figure out your carb tolerance. Now being on Dukan I know my body is happy with the carbs I'm consuming and I'm in keto and still losing! So no bothering with counting - however, adding butter to my steak now :drool: - oh gosh it was delish!

xx

Oooohhh butter... how long do you reckon butter keeps for? After 'Best before date' I mean :p x

Back