PogMoma's Diary

Oops I forgot the oatbran. I must have the oatbran as well! I didn't have enough time to have it yesterday so might as well make it now when I remember!

Thanks to Leah I am now hooked on oat bran cookies! Make a batch up for the week and have them ready to go.

They are delish :drool:

Welcome!

It's still early days on Cruise but I'm doing 1/1, it's PV for me today too! Parsnip crisps mmm... How do you make them? Potato peeler and bake? I used to buy veggie crisps last time on Dukan, technically not legal cos of the oil but it got me through tough times. Hope you're having a good day x

No peel left the skin on.

Mum stuck in the micro to soften for a min or so and then chopped up into chips, salt, pepper, fry light and bake. But she did say it took a while to get done. She thinks maybe nuking it in the micro for a bit longer next time???

The hot dog sausage you ate - was it low fat low carb or just regular one? I am really craving sausages and dont wanna mess up too much :sigh:

No peel left the skin on.

Mum stuck in the micro to soften for a min or so and then chopped up into chips, salt, pepper, fry light and bake. But she did say it took a while to get done. She thinks maybe nuking it in the micro for a bit longer next time???

The hot dog sausage you ate - was it low fat low carb or just regular one? I am really craving sausages and dont wanna mess up too much :sigh:

Ohh might try the parsnip thing. I've tried it with butternut squash before, it does take a long time tho.

The hot dog sausage I had was a cinema one so doubt it's low fat low carb one but you can try the turkey sausages. They're like frankfurters. Otherwise look for Heck sausages. They're 97% meat and no breadcrumbs. I have some in the fridge. Not tried them yet so don't know what they taste like but best choice if you're craving sausages?

Ohh might try the parsnip thing. I've tried it with butternut squash before, it does take a long time tho.

The hot dog sausage I had was a cinema one so doubt it's low fat low carb one but you can try the turkey sausages. They're like frankfurters. Otherwise look for Heck sausages. They're 97% meat and no breadcrumbs. I have some in the fridge. Not tried them yet so don't know what they taste like but best choice if you're craving sausages?

Oooo - butternut squash chips ... if you like them, u will like parsnips. I thot BNS was like sweet potato, whereas parsnips taste like the real deal - same texture and everything!

I have searched high and low for low fat/low carb sausages here. No luck :(

May end up having a single link tonight to just kill the craving (I have Oscar Mayer at home). I think its TOTM messing me up :mad: - I wanted to eat Chinese last night!

Oooo - butternut squash chips ... if you like them, u will like parsnips. I thot BNS was like sweet potato, whereas parsnips taste like the real deal - same texture and everything!

I have searched high and low for low fat/low carb sausages here. No luck :(

May end up having a single link tonight to just kill the craving (I have Oscar Mayer at home). I think its TOTM messing me up :mad: - I wanted to eat Chinese last night!

Have you tried looking for Debbie and Andrews sausages? Tesco have them along with the Heck ones. They do gluten free 97% pork sausages.

Step away from the Chinese!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393346105.223236.jpg

This is what I've had to deal with all day on the empty desk next to me. Pleased to say none have accidentally jumped into my mouth :D

Wow Pog surely that is not on leaving all of those sweets right next to you! Well done on resisting though :) Sounds like everything is going well on Dukan, I love veggie crisps as well the Tyrell's beetroot ones are awesome but they make your wee pink lol. Hope you have a good evening.

X

Haha yes beetroot does turn wee pink lol :p Beetroot crisps must be my fav out of all the veg crisps.

The guy who brought sweets in who sits opposite that empty desk was very apologetic about it. He left early today around 4.30 and asked me if I could do him a big favour and put away any leftover sweets so the mice couldn't get them. I did but still didn't have a strong enough urge to have any! Instead I said I'll take what I would have had normally to take home to give to OH. I had a very happy OH this evening hehe.

There's always so much food in the office, it's really testing sometimes!

Last edited:
Tuesday's food - PP (Pure Protein) day

B: Seafood sticks
L: Chicken thigh and 2x drumsticks - baked at home
D: Chicken drumstick, Heck 97% pork sausages (yum but a bit salty for me), cockles

I forgot oat bran again so had a late night snack. Pancake made of 2T oat bran, 2T skimmed milk powder, 1T sweetener, 1 egg, 1 egg white and 2T Quark. I left it cooking for too long so it got a bit burnt but it was still nice. I'd imagine it would be nicer if not burnt so might try that mix again.

I'm determined not to get bored while doing this so am always thinking of trying different things.

Oh yea and gym. 30mins on the sit down bike again. This time I didn't fall off the bike when I was done. Legs felt a bit tight but no jelly legs! :D Left early cos gym buddy was knackered trying to keep up with me on the bike, he's not used to doing one cardio for so long hehe.

Fitbit 11,476 steps

Overall good day I'd say :)

Have you tried looking for Debbie and Andrews sausages? Tesco have them along with the Heck ones. They do gluten free 97% pork sausages.

Step away from the Chinese!

Dont live in the UK ... so no tesco or online food stores for me :cry:

A colleague flew home a week ago and returns on Sun... actually had to order stuff from ebay and ask him to bring it over.

I stepped away from the chinese - but ate half a sausage! and another half later :D

Hehe sorry. Pub crawl steps count too! Having said that, I only managed 4,341 on Monday when I took a day off work :p

Well done on yesterdays steps and gym sesh - I never think of using the sit down bike I will have to try it though, I suppose it must work different muscles in your legs as you're pushing outwards rather than downwards? I like the sounds of all the food you're eating on Dukan I must say :)

Dont live in the UK ... so no tesco or online food stores for me :cry:

A colleague flew home a week ago and returns on Sun... actually had to order stuff from ebay and ask him to bring it over.

I stepped away from the chinese - but ate half a sausage! and another half later :D

Ahhhh I see, makes sense now. Where do you live?

Nevermind the sausage, well done for stepping away from the Chinese! :D

Well done on yesterdays steps and gym sesh - I never think of using the sit down bike I will have to try it though, I suppose it must work different muscles in your legs as you're pushing outwards rather than downwards? I like the sounds of all the food you're eating on Dukan I must say :)

Thanks! Yes def different muscles. I think it works the thighs more and it takes more effort to actually cycle. It's growing on me :)

I'm enjoying Dukan Round Two actually. I think it's because I'm not obsessing too much on what I can eat next. I do have things that aren't 100% Dukan-friendly like sausages but I think being a little bit easy on the rules is better than getting fed up and packing it in altogether. I used to get too stressed reading all the labels and getting upset that I couldn't "have anything". Even if it means the loss is going to be slower, I feel so much better already anyway. I'm willing to take my time doing what works for me and enjoying it as well :)

If you're interested in Dukan have a browse through the Dukan section and read the stickies, people have posted really good information up there. If you do decide to try it, you must read the book tho x

Wednesday's food - PV (Protein Veg) day

Boiled egg
Salad
Chicken thigh
Heck 97% pork sausages (not 100% Dukan friendly)
Cottage cheese
2x eggs + mushrooms + chives + oatbran (I put too much pepper in, must take out completely next time)
Salad
Cottage cheese with onion & chives
Rachel's Fat free blueberry yogurt (not 100% Dukan friendly)

Got a bit of a fever and a cough, don't know if that's the reason but I'm thirsty a lot! I'm drinking a lot more than I usually do.

The remains of yesterday's sweetfest was on display again today. I was feeding anyone who walked by and successfully got rid of all of it by the end of the day lol Still didn't feel the urge to try any so I really surprised myself too! I might try and make Dukan friendly jelly sweets when I have time.

That's the right attitude Pog, if you are able to sustain the diet and not get fed up then you're more likely to be successful :) I'm tempted to get the book and have a read, I'm quite happy with calorie counting at the moment but always think it's good to be aware of the alternatives and I think Dukan is something I would be interested in trying. Well done on getting rid of all the sweets as well!

X

Ahhhh I see, makes sense now. Where do you live?

Nevermind the sausage, well done for stepping away from the Chinese! :D

Dubai... You get a lot of stuff here (expensive coz its imported) but still lacking on health food type choices e.g. I recently heard about kelp noodles and looked high and low but no luck :( - so ordered them from ebay uk.

I am happy I had the sausage - saw them in the fridge this morning but wasnt tempted a bit :p

Stay strong xx

Back