PogMoma's Diary

Have a great time

Happy holidays and looking forward to hearing how you got on with your carb cycling on holiday...

Just a quick update. I'm halfway through reading my carb cycling book and it seems doable. Not sure I can manage to fit in 5 small meals a day but I'll give everything in the book a go. Will see just how doable it is.

Been in Spain since Saturday now, we've seen three rainbows in as many days :D Today has been the first day with no rain and it's not exactly what people would call 'hot holiday' weather but it suits us fine as we don't like being in the sun that much. Food has been pretty much whatever we can get to eat. Not over the top but not sticking to anything as such. I think this is what we needed, lots of sleep, rest etc. We're trying to attempt to go to Gibraltar tomorrow. We meant to go today but we got up a 12.30 lol

Just done a massive meat order again online, can't wait till I get all the yummy stuff.

Hope everyone has had a good Easter break (I had one small white choc egg) and will report back again soon x

Ooh sounds lovely even with the rain. I don't have five meals just do high carb low carb ;)
Enjoy the rest of your break!

Aww lovely sounds like you're having a great time! Don't worry about the food when you're on holiday that's what it's all about! Hope you have a nice day in Gibraltar and the weather stays nice for you :)

Sounds good. Hope you had a good day in Gib - we lived there for 2 years and i still miss it!

Hi Pog,

im subscribing.

Been reading your diary from start and just wanted to say I think you are bang on with the low carb and thyroid issues. The doctors do a general check which doesn't go deeper in to finding whats really going on unless you press them to do all thyroid panels. Anyway my point was that I had the same troubles and so started to do carb cycling plus for metabolism boosting properties and refeeding is also meant to reset leptin levels which long time dieters become low in. Leptin helps metabolism. I'm maintaining lovely at 10.2 but want to be at around 9 so am upping my game ready for my goal. My fear was if I stay with strict induction or owl (very few carbs) then my end increase will just make me gain big time so I'm doing up days down days and then hopefully that will get my body used to the new way and ease me in to maintaining easily at 9. That's my hope anyway.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Greetings from Spain, it's our last night and we fly back tomorrow morning. Weather has been very sunny and hot since I last updated.

We managed to go to Gibraltar in the end but on the way up to one of the tunnels I lost my OH. It was so hot I had to rest for a bit in the shade and OH continued going up. I thought he'd wait or slow down but I couldn't find him anywhere. Major panic set in - my phone, all the money and water was in the bag he was carrying and all I had was a tissue in my pocket. I went through the million of stages of abandonment (so traumatising) but the guys at one of the ticket offices were really nice and said I could go up without paying to see if I could find him (which I couldn't) so in the end the guys said they'll watch out for him and tell him to go to the car where I'll be waiting. I got to the car and waited but he didn't show up for ages so I walked across town to the tourist information centre and the lovely people there let me use one of their phones to go onto Facebook to find my OH's mobile number and called him for me from their office phone. They even called the ticket office I'd been to and the guys there said my OH had left 15mins ago and they told him I'd be waiting at the car.

Turns out, OH thought I'd stormed off cos it was too hot and wasn't answering my phone on purpose. He didn't know I didn't have any cash either so he continued onwards and had a great time going through the tunnels and cooling down while I was wandering around in the blistering sun like a lost puppy :(

Anyway, the rest of the day was ok from then on and OH wouldn't let go of my hand in case I got lost again. However by the end of the day I looked like a cooked lobster which is unusual for me, I usual tan straight away but the sun must have been really strong. My face started peeling today but my shoulders and neck (back and front part, chest) are still red and tender.

It's been a relaxing holiday not doing much which is what we needed so we're happy. Food wasn't too bad either, I tend to lose my appetite when it's too hot and I don't drink so all good.

I've finished reading my carb cycling book and I have a shopping list ready for when we get back tomorrow. I can't wait for cooler weather, I don't do well when it's too hot. I see the forecast for tomorrow in London is rain?

I need to go catch up on diaries and see what's been happening :)

I don't have five meals just do high carb low carb ;)

Aha! I might have to start off with three meals and maybe snacks in between. I seriously can't see myself having five small meals in a day!

Sounds good. Hope you had a good day in Gib - we lived there for 2 years and i still miss it!

Ooohhh I can see how it would be quite nice living there. It was really easy getting into Gib but we had to wait two hours in a queue to get back into Spain. Lots of angry honking people about!

Hi Pog,

im subscribing.

Been reading your diary from start and just wanted to say I think you are bang on with the low carb and thyroid issues. The doctors do a general check which doesn't go deeper in to finding whats really going on unless you press them to do all thyroid panels. Anyway my point was that I had the same troubles and so started to do carb cycling plus for metabolism boosting properties and refeeding is also meant to reset leptin levels which long time dieters become low in. Leptin helps metabolism. I'm maintaining lovely at 10.2 but want to be at around 9 so am upping my game ready for my goal. My fear was if I stay with strict induction or owl (very few carbs) then my end increase will just make me gain big time so I'm doing up days down days and then hopefully that will get my body used to the new way and ease me in to maintaining easily at 9. That's my hope anyway.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Welcome! I'm glad I'm not the only one who had those problems. I thought it might have been a coincidence or I was imagining it. How long have you been carb cycling? Have you had tests recently to see if your thyriod levels have changed? I'll go find your diary, I remember seeing it when I first tried Atkins AGES ago and you were just starting your diary :)

Oh Pog that sounds like a nightmare!! SO glad you got reunited in the end but not about the sunburn :( Good to hear you've had a nice relaxing holiday though and yes the weather is poo here so will be nice and cool for you when you get back lol.

Hope you have a good journey home :)

Oh no, I bet you were frantic, I think I would've been in tears!
I'm pleased you've had a nice holiday, and you sound ready to get stuck into your new plan.
Welcome home to the rain :)

Omg your story in gib sounds traumatic glad you got reunited in the end. Ooh what does your shopping list consist of x

It was very traumatic and I was very close to bursting into tears. OH is never gonna hear the end of it lol Gib gave us both a proper workout what with all the uphills we had to climb. Body felt like it was beaten up and I couldn't walk properly until this morning. Why did my bum hurt so much???

Shopping list consists of courgettes (I have tofu at home so I'm thinking tofu-courgette stir fry), salad-y stuff, some sort of fruit, eggs, wholemeal bread of some sort and the mini duck fillets I like. More meat in the proper bulk meat order to arrive next Wednesday but in the meantime I have mince and stuff in the freezer and fish in tins.

I've just remembered I have protein powder and frozen fruit so might try protein shakes for breakfast. Am I allowed soy milk? I have soy and almond milk at home already. I've gotten used to not having breakfast so it might be a bit of a challenge eating early.

What else do I need...

Yes soy is fine. I've been thinking bout protein shakes too xx

Ah cool :) I think the next couple of weeks are going to be lots of experimenting.

Need to go pick up Pogbaby from the sitters soon. We've missed her so much!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1398530695.229447.jpg

Back