PogMoma's Diary

Ohh that chinese medicine place souns good Pog, nothing like getting a bargain as well with all the extras thrown in :)

Hehe PogBaby is so naughty eating the chocolate when she's not allowed! What does she eat? I know you said she has a bit of human food but so you have to buy anything special for her?

Well done on not eating all meals yesterday and stopping when full :)

X

I don't think that Chinese place is a chain. I've just Googled it and it only came up with the branch that I went to. These sort of places depend on the doc themselves so even if it's a chain, it can be sooo different. Only way to find out is to be brave, don't be put off by the outside of the place and try them, find the one you like/is good/you feel comfortable with. The one near work I used to go to is a tiny place and had a Chinese female doc - she used to tell me off for bad posture like she was my mother lol

PogBaby eats cat biscuits, Dreamies, mealworms, waxworms, some bugs and some human food like chicken, duck, beef and some fruit and veg. She loves Brussels Sprouts :D She only bites when she really, really doesn't like something or if your fingers smell like yummy food she'll lick and try eat them lol

Food

B: buckwheat muesli, soy milk, banana
L: grill steak, salad
D: undecided - supposed to go to Suffolk tonight with OH (Eurovision party tomorrow with friends and dinner with family on Sunday) so depending on what we're doing this evening I might have to just eat an Atkins bar or something

Happy Friday! x

Ooo weekend sounds good! Enjoy :)

X

Morning Pog,
well done on the loss, sounds like you've got the hang of carb cycling. Lol at the stories on gym buddy and girlfriend....what a pair!

I like almond milk in cereal only. Can't stand to drink it neat or in coffee. I like soya milk but I notice I cry or feel upset and get headaches when I drink it so can't really :( coconut milk is so so but I'm not a fan. Never had hazelnut but did see it and wondered. I just use single cream in my coffees now to keep cals down a touch. 188 per 100mls is much better than 460+

How was the Eurovision party?

Please don't stop on the PogBaby stories... loving them. Dubai have now started stocking Dreamies. Purchased my first pack a couple of weeks ago. And OMG! the cats are like dogs begging for these treats when they see me grab the packet.

Morning Pog,
well done on the loss, sounds like you've got the hang of carb cycling. Lol at the stories on gym buddy and girlfriend....what a pair!

I like almond milk in cereal only. Can't stand to drink it neat or in coffee. I like soya milk but I notice I cry or feel upset and get headaches when I drink it so can't really :( coconut milk is so so but I'm not a fan. Never had hazelnut but did see it and wondered. I just use single cream in my coffees now to keep cals down a touch. 188 per 100mls is much better than 460+

That's really interesting re how soy milk makes you feel. I don't think I like the slight after taste of almond milk and the slight greasiness of it. Good on you switching to single cream. I bet it doesn't make that much of a big difference either!

Dreamies are great :) I think PogBaby likes live mealworms and waxworms better tho!

My treat day Saturday turned into a treat weekend lol

It's the first time I've actually watched the whole of Eurovision and it was surprisingly entertaining. I even ended up voting :D Pizza and other stuff was had.

Today we went to OH's dad's for a roast, it was soooo good. I had everything available but rather than stuffing myself until I couldn't breathe, I had a little bit of everything and enjoy it all thoroughly :)

Back on track tomorrow, hope everyone has had a good weekend x

Sounds like a great weekend Pog :) Hope you have a good day today! X

Thanks Peeps. Lunch was soooo good. It was a lot tho so ended up leaving some. I only managed half of my dinner sandwich as well!

I've had this knot in my neck/shoulder for a bit now and noticed a new Chinese medicine place had opened up on the way home from work. I've been wondering whether to try the place or not for the past couple of weeks and tonight I was so knackered I knew I had to go in. I'm used to acupuncture and deep tissue massages so I know good from bad and this doc was really good. I ended up buying a full course of 10x acupuncture sessions and 10x 30min deep tissue massages. They threw in 3x extra of each and 6 cupping sessions (using glass cups to suction out toxins) for free too. This doc made all sorts of places crack and knew which points to press. Nothing like the feeling of neck bones being aligned! Ahhh it was worth it :)

PogBaby got caught eating OH's leftever chocolate crumbs tonight. They're not allowed dairy cos they're lactose intolerant but when OH tried to pick her up she growled at him lol Ooohhh scary lil thing! :D

Night all x

Bless her her such a character! I'd love to hear a baby hedgehog growl...lol a YouTube hit I'm certain. Apparently gentle weight lifting can help knots. I suffer terrible each day with them and I'm dying to get back to the gym because last time all my pains disappeared.

That's really interesting re how soy milk makes you feel. I don't think I like the slight after taste of almond milk and the slight greasiness of it. Good on you switching to single cream. I bet it doesn't make that much of a big difference either!

yeah it's weird how different things affect different people. I can tell I'm on single instead of double but..it's completely doable for me at this point. Bit by bit I will take away my things but can't do it all over night because I'm such a rebel :)

I've never been into weight lifting before apart from the time I attempted the 30 day Shred and used 1kg weights in each hand. I'll look into that, thanks Lauren :)

Woke up in the middle of the night with a mild back cramp - uhoh here we go, TOTM has arrived. I'm suffering now :(
Feel super bloated and hands are all puffy :(

Food

B: buckwheat muesli (this is actually really nice, I'm not getting tired of it yet), soy milk
L: duck, salad
D: not sure yet, I forgot to take meat out of the freezer. I have eggs, yes I'll make something with eggs.
S: coconut pieces

Gawd I feel enormous lol

Aww Pog you're not enormous! TOTM does make us feel like that though :( Food looks good for today! Interested to see what you do with the eggs!

X

Roast meal sounds lovely! Hope your feeling better and remember it's only temporary.

Same here with the weights only the shred before,but I can't really jump about anymore so been using a dvd with weights and highly recommend something like that or the gym. x

Ahhh sitting with PogBaby's emergency heat pad on my back. Still feel enormous!

Dinner was cheese and mushroom omelette, was yum.

Not sure if I can manage gym tomorrow at this rate. Will see how I feel x

Oh Pog bless you no fun :( Teas sounds nice!

Hope you're feeling better today x

Oh Pog! TOTM sucks. Hope you feeling better today xx

Feeling a lot better than yesterday and this morning even. I only got around 3-4 hours sleep last night. Had a hard time falling asleep to begin with anyway but then OH threw a diva strop and woke me up just cos he couldn't fall asleep! Grrr...

I feel a lot more awake now so it's ok lol

Food

B: buckwheat muesli, soy milk
L: cottage pie
D: beef burger, veg
S: black grapes, mini muffin - I needed it!

I don't think I'll make it to the gym tonight. Body feels battered and I need to reserve energy for Thursday - Sunday when I have college revision from 9.30am to 5pm everyday. Not looking forward to it :( I don't know what I'm going to eat while I'm there for the four days. No microwave!

Glad to hear your feeling better. Is the emergency blanket in case she gets too cold? Good idea to leave the gym until your feeling better. x

Defo no gym tonight you need your energy for all that studying - I feel your pain!!

Not sure about food, I guess just cooks stuff that you can take and have cold - cous cous, pasta, salads etc?

Is there any food places nearby that fit into your plan? I know you don't want to be spending loads everyday but if I'm stuck indoors studying actually feels like a treat to walk over to subway or somewhere and get a salad. Plus no cooking or washing up woo!

I'm sure you'll think of something anyway :)

X

Glad to hear your feeling better. Is the emergency blanket in case she gets too cold? Good idea to leave the gym until your feeling better. x

Thanks Val. No gym tonight :) Gym buddy wants to go tomorrow but I have ACUPUNCTURE and MASSAGE!! YAY!!! ... so I can't go to the gym, what a shame :D

It's called a Snugglesafe which is a hard disc thing that you put in the microwave to heat up and it lasts 10-12 hours or something ridiculous like that. African Pygmy Hedgehogs need to be kept warm at around 22 degrees. We have a heat mat under her sleeping area but just in case we need to take her out somewhere or the flat gets really cold and there's no heating etc. Just emergency stuff but so far I've used it far more than she has :D It's better than a water bottle cos it stays hot for so long. Less flexible and if you drop it on your foot it hurts like hell but good nonetheless :) x

Defo no gym tonight you need your energy for all that studying - I feel your pain!!

Not sure about food, I guess just cooks stuff that you can take and have cold - cous cous, pasta, salads etc?

Is there any food places nearby that fit into your plan? I know you don't want to be spending loads everyday but if I'm stuck indoors studying actually feels like a treat to walk over to subway or somewhere and get a salad. Plus no cooking or washing up woo!

I'm sure you'll think of something anyway :)

X

Clareel you just reminded me - there is a Subway near college so might check it out. They have a Sainsbury's opposite but it's not very good. It's walking distance from Borough Market but too many naughty distractions there! Mmm pork pieeeee...

I'll think of something but I don't mind spending extra money if it means it's going to make me less stressed and tired. Food prep is one thing less off my mind! x

Back