PogMoma's Diary

Narp, I'm afraid no updates on gym buddy. I'm playing it cool and pretending not to know anything. If I do see him it will probably be next Tuesday, that's our usual gym day. I really wonder what on earth is going on in the flat!

Welcome Canadian :) I'm not posting much about diet or exercise at the mo, it feels like I've got a lot going on so I can't plan my meals like I can when I'm in the office during weekdays.

Exam is more important right now so I need to spend energy on studies and not stressing over cooking the right food for right times etc. I'll get back on it soon :)

It seems like these African Pygmy Hedgehogs are everywhere in the media these days. I was saying to my OH a couple of days ago, if he didn't get PogBaby for me for Christmas I'd still be squealing over cute pictures and videos going "Look look look!!! How cute is that??? I want one!!! We need to get one!!!" lol

In the beginning he kept calling her 'the hamster' by mistake but now he's grown attached to her and fights for cuddles in the evenings. He says surely it's illegal to be that cute lol

What are you studying?

I think your little PogBaby may be the first one I've ever seen, actually. I agree with your husband - how is anything allowed to be so cute?!

I'm studying for ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants). Done 10 exams and now have 4 left. Feels like it's neverending! Tutor today cracked a joke about accountants being close friends with numbers and we should know when some numbers don't look right. It's good cos we don't have many proper friends anyway lol I do see it happen tho, people ask what I do for a living and as soon as I say I'm an accountant, people's eyes glaze over so most the time I say I just have an office job!

PogBaby smells today. I need to clean her cage out this weekend. Sounds weird but PogBaby smell makes me smile. It's sort of comforting and cute :D

Haha, I don't know, making people's eyes glaze over doesn't sound so bad to me. I either get glazed over eyes or a million questions - I would take the blank stares any day! :p I try to be vague as well and just mumble "I'm self-employed" but that never works out so well. Good luck with your exams! 14 is a lot...bet you can't wait to be done! :)

Your right to concentrate on exams first the food will take care of itself. I love the smell of our cats fur and even their little paws, so understand you loving PogBaby smell. x

Canadian - I found "Oh I just have an office job" or "I'm a PA" works best! Maybe you start saying you're an accountant to get blank stares hahaha!

Val - When I had my dog I used to love sniffing her paws lol I'm currently sat in front of the TV inhaling PogBaby smells. Gonna get her out for cuddles soon :D x

Canadian - I found "Oh I just have an office job" or "I'm a PA" works best! Maybe you start saying you're an accountant to get blank stares hahaha!

Now there's an idea! Unfortunately with my math skills - or lack thereof - I doubt anyone would believe I'm an accountant for one minute!

"PogBaby smells today. I need to clean her cage out this weekend. Sounds weird but PogBaby smell makes me smile. It's sort of comforting and cute "

its it's done deliberately to us to make us forget having children whilst our animals are with us. I saw a program on it once. It's quite sinister really but they expel a sort of drug to us to make us besotted with them and see to only them. I find sweaty Pom fur quite cute and comforting which may sound gross but I think it's all part of the plan so that they stay being your cutesy wutesy no1 :)

That's really interesting Lauren. I kind of believe it too!

Ok updates;

Food and exercise - I'm listening to my tummy and only eating when I'm hungry. Also stop eating when I feel nearly full. Exercise is probably going to be not so good. I have until this Wednesday off work to study at home and it's most likely I won't even step outside the flat during these days. Having said that, it's date night so we'll see. If we do go out, we won't go far so it will be walking distance.

Gym buddy, his flatmate and the flat situation - Well... I still haven't seen gym buddy since I met the girl. She did however hand her notice in saying she wants to move out. I know I haven't heard gym buddy's side of the story so I can't judge him but if she feels uncomfortable in her own home, fair enough. I had a think about it and although I need one month's notice from her, I thought I'd let her leave earlier. It sounds like she's avoiding gym buddy on purpose now and doesn't want to even bump into him. I've got a feeling she's been sleeping over at friends' houses and stuff.

Now my OH has been trying to find a place to move to (currently we live together) - this is a whole different story. Nothing bad, in a nutshell, he's had trouble adjusting to London life, we're in each other's pockets too much, we miss the dating days when we looked forward to seeing each other etc. I think he needs some space to get himself together and find his identity so we agreed he move out. He's been trying to find somewhere for a couple of months now but he has such high standards (he does all the cleaning himself and he enjoys it, plus he's a brilliant handyman :D), it's difficult to find a suitable place. He's very picky.

So when I told him the girl wants to move out of gym buddy's flat, he said he wants to move in. Gym buddy is kicking up a fuss, personally I think it's because he doesn't want to feel monitored or something and I gave him a choice to either pay higher rent and my OH doesn't move in (he's had mates rates for quite a while now) or he moves out and OH moves in. He's being very stubborn saying he's going to stay and pay same rent and if OH moves in, it will be uncomfortable for everyone. Well, tough sh*t. I've told OH about the whole situation and he's fine with it.

We're helping the girl to move this Friday and OH will be moving in instead. It's literally 3mins walk from my flat so it will be dead handy for us.

After she moves out I'm going to confront gym buddy about what she told me and give him a chance to explain his side of the story.

Phew. I can really do without all this drama right now!

I totally understand own space and all that especially if you don't have to live together for financial reasons, plus it's nice and close by. Gym buddy has it good and will just have to adjust he sounds a lot like his gf lol.

Good plan to eat just when hungry and not until full it's apparently a very healthy way to eat. I may try it, but I'm such a piggy

Oh my, what a lot of drama with gym buddy! That's awfully presumptuous of him to think he should be allowed to live there alone and continue paying the same rent. I think the options you gave him sound very fair. I just hope if your OH moves in gym buddy won't make it unpleasant for him. ...I guess if he does you can show him the door!

Gym buddy sounds like a pain in the arse! It's ok for some girl to live there but not your boyfriend? Smells Fishy!

Oh Pog sorry there's atill a bit of drama with gym buddy! Can totally appreciate the living apart thing - I miss my OH cause he's so far away but don't actually miss living with him if you know what I mean? That probably sounds bad lol.

Anyway, gym buddy will have to like it or lump it really as you are the boss and the fact that the girl is moving out and you have the perfect 'tennant' to fill the space is just perfect really!

Best of luck with your studying! X

I totally understand own space and all that especially if you don't have to live together for financial reasons, plus it's nice and close by. Gym buddy has it good and will just have to adjust he sounds a lot like his gf lol.

Good plan to eat just when hungry and not until full it's apparently a very healthy way to eat. I may try it, but I'm such a piggy

My OH has uprooted completely and has moved from Suffolk to London leaving all his friends and rountine (which he likes) behind just to be with me. I feel really bad cos he doesn't feel settled here yet, he's a country boy and hates London. He feels claustrophobic and misses open space. He moved in Sep last year and he absolutely hated his first job in London so found a new one and started in Feb this year. He keeps saying I'm the only reason he's not completely depressed but I can't help but feel guilty. I just want him to be happy. Everything feels like it's on hold cos he feels unsettled. So if giving him space will help him find himself, that's what we're going to do.

I sometimes have trouble stop eating when something is really nice. I used to stuff myself until the plate was clean. I'm such a piggy :p

Oh my, what a lot of drama with gym buddy! That's awfully presumptuous of him to think he should be allowed to live there alone and continue paying the same rent. I think the options you gave him sound very fair. I just hope if your OH moves in gym buddy won't make it unpleasant for him. ...I guess if he does you can show him the door!

Gym buddy sounds like a pain in the arse! It's ok for some girl to live there but not your boyfriend? Smells Fishy!

I know, right! Once the girl moves out I'm definitely going to confront him about what happened. I asked him if he wanted to go to the gym today but he said he'll go some other time. Petty git!

Oh Pog sorry there's atill a bit of drama with gym buddy! Can totally appreciate the living apart thing - I miss my OH cause he's so far away but don't actually miss living with him if you know what I mean? That probably sounds bad lol.

Anyway, gym buddy will have to like it or lump it really as you are the boss and the fact that the girl is moving out and you have the perfect 'tennant' to fill the space is just perfect really!

Best of luck with your studying! X

Thanks Clareel. Studying sucks but less than 3 weeks to go now.

I'm glad you get it, one of my close friends at work gave me a really funny look when I told her what we were going to do. But then again she's never lived with a boyfriend before so probably doesn't really understand. I suppose people rarely move out once they move in unless there's a problem between the two people or it's a temporary break up.

OH is quite stubborn too and is fully aware of what he's getting himself into so he's all like 'Bring it on!' lol

Oh and I forgot, I dug out my Pilates for Dummies DVD today and oh my, were there some difficult moves. I actually bought the DVD in 2009 but never managed to complete it once. I went to one class sometime early this year and liked it so I've been meaning to at least do the DVD. Since gym buddy is being an arse and I don't actually have a gym membership (I've been using payasyougym passes), I've decided to dig out my DVD's. I have one Davina, one Ministry of Sound, 30day shred and that Pilates for Dummies.

It felt quite good as I was at least doing something especially since I haven't been following carb cycling since last Thursday. Also I've ordered a few protein shake samples in all sorts of flavours. I'll try and have them as snacks cos I don't think I'm having enough protein. I was having Herbalife shakes but the carbs are horrifically high compared to most protein powders out there.

DVDs sounds like a plan, never knew that about the herbalife shakes defo just stick with the high protein low cal ones.

Me and OH lived together for 3 years before he moved to London and not one of my friends had anything positive to say when I told them he was moving! Even though I told them we weren't breaking up they were like 'it's only a matter of time...' etc etc. Just don't listen too them, you both know what is best for your relationship. You'll both have more space and will probably appreciate each others company more as you don't have it 24/7.

Hope you have a good day :)

X

Wise words Clareel, thanks :)

I have subtle muscle pains today which is good. Shows that I've worked out. When I went to the pilates class I couldn't move properly for days and it was really painful to sneeze or laugh properly.

Might try the Ministry of Sound DVD later in the evening. I wonder if OH will want to join in :D:D

Food (HC)

B: wholemeal toast, pate
L: Magnum ice cream, pink & whites (*)
D: sausage pasta (sausages, tin tomatoes, pasta, parmesan)
S: grapes

(*) is the treat meal for today - breakfast was quite late so didn't feel that hungry

I bought some more pate yesterday, yum... it's one of those things you completely forget about but is really nice when you come across me thinks.

Food (LC)

B: Greek yogurt, fruit
L: leftover sausage thing from last night - minus the pasta (was soooo good even fussy eater OH said he enjoyed it), salad
D: eggs in some form
S: coconut pieces if I feel hungry in the afternoon

Didn't manage Ministry of Sound last night. I suddenly had a splitting headache which lasted quite a while and had to take painkillers in the end.

Acupuncture and massage after work today. Blissssss...

Back