PogMoma's Diary

Hi Pog sorry this is late buy hope the exam goes really well today and you enjoy your evening! You definitely deserve a relaxing night tonight! X x

Hope today went well:). And loving pog baby stories. As for gym (time to give up on this) buddy...well...need I say more?! Xx

Hi Peeps,

I think exam went better than expected, let's hope the results come out positive! They're due in August so until then I'm completely freeeee!!! :D Can you tell I'm happy? One girl at work said she had a lie in on Saturday but woke up in a panic and was confused as hell as she didn't remember what day it was and thought she had to study lol Ahhh... the stress we put outselves under...

We decided to stay in London this weekend just gone cos we'll be in Suffolk this weekend for Father's Day anyway. Saturday was lunch and dinner with friends I have met for at least a year. It was great to catch up with everyone in person rather than on FB or via text etc. In the evening my OH and I went to see A Million Ways to Die in the West. It was really funny and we enjoyed it but I know someone who walked out cos she thought it was terrible. If you like Family Guy type or humour I'd recommend but if not... :p

Yesterday was a really long lie in followed by Westfield to get OH a new phone. He got his and I ended up getting a new one too. I don't spend loads on money on clothes, bags, shoes or make up but gadgets are my thing. I'm not so bad anymore and have sold off a lot that I don't need but I used to be really, really bad. Anything new I had to have and I'd deliberately have a SIM only contract on my phone so I was free to buy whatever handset I wanted and it would be at least once a year I'd change. This time it was too good a deal pass. Not only did they have the phone that I'd been eyeing but they even gave me cash to cover my early termination fee with my current supplier. Soooo after having some sort of iPhone for the past 6 years, I am now an owner of an HTC and oh boy, it's really difficult to get used to it! I hope I don't end up hating it lol They're switching me over at some point tomorrow so I'm kind of excited. Can't wait to see if all my iPhone apps can move over without any problems and see what HTC can do.

Anyway enough of the boring geeky stuff.

We didn't have time to go proper food shopping over the weekend so no juicing today. I've searched high and low for a decent fruit and veg shop around where I live but so far it's been a very disappointing experience. We ended up going to the big Sainsbury's tonight. My 3 day's worth of fruit and veg added up to £40 but with vouchers knocked off £10 so total was £30. Bargain! I have a feeling this '3 day' worth will last longer than that tho. The plan says I should have 5 juices a day but I'm not sure I'll be able to manage that. I'll try and take three juices into work for breakfast, mid morning snack and lunch but that's it. I'll see how hungry I get and how I feel, I might have a light meal for dinner. Not sure I should do 100% juicing this week cos I know I won't be able to drag my juicer to Suffolk this weekend and I think we're spending Father's Day out somewhere so it will be difficult to get my juice fix. Also I'm worried if I eat solid food after 100% juicing, it will cause problems and that's the last thing I want away from home!

So... here goes. Plan for tomorrow is to get up earlier than usual to get my stuff together and I'll take it from there :)

Will report back tomorrow! x

Congrats on getting through exams! I'm so happy for you that it went better than expected! I used to always panic and think I'd done terribly when I hadn't...it's good to hear you aren't torturing yourself with that way of thinking. I hope you get some well deserved rest and relaxation now that you're finished. :)

A Million Ways to Die in the West looks funny! But then as you said, I am the type who thinks Family Guy is hilarious (the more inappropriate the humour, the better). I might have to go see it at some point.

Gadgets are neat! My laptop is pretty much glued to me throughout the day, both for work and entertainment. But I'm more prone to spending loads of money on clothes, shoes and purses...I've run out of storage space and yet I keep buying. And I refuse to get rid of anything ever. Even clothes that don't fit me anymore, I keep. (But getting back into them is a nice treat - I've been able to do that with some things lately and it's like getting a whole new wardrobe!) Anyway, enough about me and my silly obsessions.

I don't blame you for being hesitant about starting the juicing while you're away. Until you know how your body will react to it, it might be best to stick close to home!

Woo glad the exam went well and most importantly is over! Weekend sounds good catching up with old freinds :)

Ooo a new phone I need a new phone! Have a Sony xperia at the moment which I used to love but it just doesn't work properly anymore, not sure if I want to cross over to the dark side and get and iPhone though, might go with a newer model of the same thing.

Interested to see how you get on with the juicing Pog, you're probably right to JJ UST ease yourself into it especially if your away at in laws for the weekend. Perfect weather for it anyway! Hope it stay like this :)

X

Hi I am glad the exams went well . You will love the HTC, I won't change from it. The new phones have an app, in the settings, I think, that allows you to connect with your old phone and everything transfers over. You just have to download the app to your old phone. It works like Bluetooth . Enjoy your freedom from study.

A Million Ways to Die in the West looks funny! But then as you said, I am the type who thinks Family Guy is hilarious (the more inappropriate the humour, the better). I might have to go see it at some point.

Gadgets are neat! My laptop is pretty much glued to me throughout the day, both for work and entertainment. But I'm more prone to spending loads of money on clothes, shoes and purses...I've run out of storage space and yet I keep buying. And I refuse to get rid of anything ever. Even clothes that don't fit me anymore, I keep. (But getting back into them is a nice treat - I've been able to do that with some things lately and it's like getting a whole new wardrobe!) Anyway, enough about me and my silly obsessions.

If you like inappropriate humour, you should def go see it :D

You're not hanging onto clothes that are too big for you are you?? Chuck em! You're not going back! Having said that my wardrobe range is from UK size 8 - 14. As soon as I escape 14, I shall throw them away!

Ooo a new phone I need a new phone! Have a Sony xperia at the moment which I used to love but it just doesn't work properly anymore, not sure if I want to cross over to the dark side and get and iPhone though, might go with a newer model of the same thing.

Don't do it! Although getting used to this new phone is frustrating and painful, I feel so liberated having escaped Apple! The iPhones were the only Apple product I've ever owned, I already had an MP3 player when iPods came out so I never got into them. I don't know the world of Android but I'm sure it won't feel as restrictive as the Apple world.

Hi I am glad the exams went well . You will love the HTC, I won't change from it. The new phones have an app, in the settings, I think, that allows you to connect with your old phone and everything transfers over. You just have to download the app to your old phone. It works like Bluetooth . Enjoy your freedom from study.

I've tried moving the via the HTC Sync Manager but it doesn't want to give me my old messages back :( Oh well, not the end of the world. I had a massive panic moment when I realised the Korean keyboard wasn't included in the language pack but after ages of trying several different apps and searching online for an answer, I think I've found it. I thought I'd have to go return this and get a Samsung instead! Can't wait to customise it just the way I want. Worra geek :p

I got up 30mins earlier than normal this morning to attempt the juicing thing. I nearly ran a bit late but I'm sure it will get quicker as I get used to making them.

I took in three juices to have at work - first at 9am, second at 12pm and the third at some point in the afternoon. And a banana just in case I got REALLY hungry.

The juices were much nicer than I expected altho as I was in a rush I didn't peel the limes and I think I put too much in, it was so tangy. Eeek >.<

But it felt good and I felt good especially since yesterday's dinner was a pizza and Cadbury's Caramel Bites :D Was super bloated and TOTM isn't helping.

H.O.W.E.V.E.R.

I had had two juices and was starting on the third one around 3pm when someone in my team said he was going out to get a Starbucks Frappuccino... NOOOOO!!! Then our manager piped up and said she'll get everyone in the team one (five people in total) NOOOOO!!!

Er... YES PLEASE!!! Dammit. How could I be so weak??? That's not the end of it tho, halfway through my yummy Caramel Frappuccino I felt cravings raise its ugly head. I ended up having crisps - savoury, just to balance out the sweetness.

The plan was to have 3-4 juices and a light meal in the evening if I felt hungry but since I had the unplanned naughtiness, I decided no meals, just juice so I came home and had another juice. So total 4 juices today.

This plan is called 7lbs in 7days and people do seem to lose that much when they stick to it. I'm not going to expect that much loss but I do hope my skin flares calm down. I'll do the plan properly after this weekend.

Oh yes, and I did go to the loo quite a lot today so definitely not suitable if I'm out and about a lot. I call this week the semi-juicing week :)

You're not hanging onto clothes that are too big for you are you?? Chuck em! You're not going back! Having said that my wardrobe range is from UK size 8 - 14. As soon as I escape 14, I shall throw them away!

No, I'm only about 20 or so lbs away from my heaviest ever, so that's not an issue yet, aside from a couple pairs of jeans I will soon be parting with as they're getting too loose. But back before I up and quit my job I built up a really nice professional wardrobe. I'd hate to part with certain things even though I don't really have any reason to dress up in my new career. When the time comes I may look into getting a few pieces altered...not sure yet. I am such a clothing hoarder!! :eek:

Yay on the exam!

Lol on the time it takes to juice. My OH was jucing every morning and it took him minutes to juice and about 45 to clean it.

Ooooh frappaccino who could resist.

Maybe better anyway to start slowly sounds a good plan to me. x

Mmm frappauccino I wouldn't have been able to resist either they are so lush!

Sounds like you did well anyway though Pog, just a bit of tial and error this first week I'd imagine and then you can really get fully stuck in when you have a clearer schedule.

Hope you have a good day today :)

Hey Pog

Glad the exams went well xx

Reading your post made me realise that I havent had a frappucino since Aug last year!!! Its on the books for this weekend's celebration meal now! Thanks :D

Hope you have a great day xx

No, I'm only about 20 or so lbs away from my heaviest ever, so that's not an issue yet, aside from a couple pairs of jeans I will soon be parting with as they're getting too loose. But back before I up and quit my job I built up a really nice professional wardrobe. I'd hate to part with certain things even though I don't really have any reason to dress up in my new career. When the time comes I may look into getting a few pieces altered...not sure yet. I am such a clothing hoarder!! :eek:

It's difficult isn't it? I have a few clothes that I haven't worn in years but I can't bear to get rid of them. Wait until you get closer to your goal, you might need the wardrobe space for smaller, new clothes!

Yay on the exam!

Lol on the time it takes to juice. My OH was jucing every morning and it took him minutes to juice and about 45 to clean it.

Ooooh frappaccino who could resist.

Maybe better anyway to start slowly sounds a good plan to me. x

Ahhh I think I'll get up 10mins earlier tomorrow. Time was a bit tight again today!

Mmm frappauccino I wouldn't have been able to resist either they are so lush!

Sounds like you did well anyway though Pog, just a bit of tial and error this first week I'd imagine and then you can really get fully stuck in when you have a clearer schedule.

Hope you have a good day today :)

Yea that Frappuccino was soooo nice but not doing that again anytime soon!

Hey Pog

Glad the exams went well xx

Reading your post made me realise that I havent had a frappucino since Aug last year!!! Its on the books for this weekend's celebration meal now! Thanks :D

Hope you have a great day xx

Hehe enjoy your celebration meal, hope it's a good one! :)

Today went well. I've had four juices in total and I don't think I'll be needing anymore until bedtime. If I do feel hungry I'll have a banana later on.

It was one of the apprentice's 18th birthday today so she had balloons and decorations around her desk and she brought in Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Everyone else had one but I wasn't even tempted. I've told people at work that I'm detoxing which isn't unusual, sometimes there are juices in the fridges, the ones that you order for a few days and you have throughout the day. One of the girls asked me what I was having for lunch so I showed her my smoothie-to-go full of green juice. She gave me a 'oh you poor thing' look and when I asked her what she was having, she said soup. I said the juices are no different to soup, they're just cold soup aren't they? She agreed and seemed happy with that :)

One funny thing I noticed. When I woke up this morning I had these weird, subtle aches in my shoulders and arms but brushed it off thinking I'd slept funny. Then when I started juicing I realised it was the juicing that caused it. When I was pressing down to put the stuff through the machine, the aches started really aching. Without meaning to I'm getting a mini workout lol

Anyway all good. I feel very positive :) Work drinks tomorrow. I don't drink anyway but tomorrow I think I'll have water instead of fizzy drinks and enjoy chatting to people :)

Ha ha like the aching from the juicer. :)

That's quite the intensive juicing you're doing if it hurts your arms and shoulders! It sounds like you're off to a great start - keep us posted! :)

I think it's all the chopping as well lol

I've had the same juice twice a day Tuesday and Wednesday and again today but it's so nice I feel like I can easily do this.

I went to bed really late around 2am but got woken up by my flatmate who came home late and showered and then twice again cos my phone vibrated. I have it on silent overnight but some apps do their own thing and send notifications anyway. Need more tweaking!

Hope everyone has a good day x

Last edited:
Juice sounds lovely. Haha the juicing workout- double goodness for you inside and out. Well done on resisting Krispy Kremes!

What is it about work colleagues curiosity about we're eating? A few at my work come in stand right over me peer down at my sandwich or salad and ask what I'm eating and want every detail. I've never done that to anyone there, maybe it's just me but I can see if they have a sandwich or salad and I don't really care what's in it! - rant over lol. x

What is it about work colleagues curiosity about we're eating? A few at my work come in stand right over me peer down at my sandwich or salad and ask what I'm eating and want every detail. I've never done that to anyone there, maybe it's just me but I can see if they have a sandwich or salad and I don't really care what's in it! - rant over lol. x

That's crazy! I don't get it either. Could it be a lack of anything else to talk about? Or maybe they are just food-obsessed, lol.

To be honest my team talk about food all the time just cos it's something to talk about and to get ideas what to have for lunch. I don't mind it. Everyone knows I'm nearly always on some sort of a diet and they're curious.

Today was three juices and banana and Koko coconut milk. I went out for post exam work drinks but my back started to ache so came home early. I felt so knackered I didn't fancy making juice so had the banana and coconut milk for dinner.

I went to the dentist today, I hadn't been in a long time but dragged myself there cos one of my front teeth was getting really sensitive. Nevermind that, turns out I have an abscess at the root of one of my front teeth and the tooth is now dead and I need a root canal. Also a lot of my fillings need replacing. Looks like it's going to be an expensive year for me. I was thinking of getting veneers but seems like my whole mouth needs redoing. Moral of the story - go to dentists regularly: (

Going to Suffolk tomorrow evening and coming back Sunday. Apparently we're going to a food and beer festival on Sunday. Should be nice: )

Oh yea, so World Cup tonight - OH said he was watching it together with gym (no longer talking to each other) buddy and it was quite awkward lol I'll be the adult and ask him if he wants a chat. Maybe next week. Maybe not.

Back