PogMoma's Diary

Quick update

During the week I've been having juices for breakfast and lunch but having food for dinner. I did have quite a lot to eat last week during the day too so weightloss hasn't been that good. I think I've been grazing more than I thought I did. Also last week had lots of eat outs planned.

I think I need to at least stick to the juicing during the week with food thrown in here and there and not go over the top at the weekends.

I will be weighing and measuring on July 9th - the day before we go on holiday to Greenland. I haven't measured myself in a while but I can tell I haven't lost that much. Hopefully the next couple of weeks I'll see some progress.

Went to the dentist yesterday to get two fillings replaced. It was fine except I couldn't talk properly for a couple of hours cos the whole left side face was numb. Going again to get two more replaced at lunchtime today.

You're njsut finding your feet with the juicing, I think any new plan takes a bit of time to get in to so fingers crossed you will see some progress now :) Ooo holiday to Greenland that sounds very exciting!! How long are you going for?

Boo to the dentist! I have to go next week :( hope it goes well today x x

During the week I've been having juices for breakfast and lunch but having food for dinner.

I think that sounds like a very sensible approach Pog, depending on how I go with the 5 day juicing, that seems like a good way forward.

And yes wow to Greenland!

Ohhh, now I'm dying to hear about your trip to Greenland! :D

About not losing much so far: could it be that your body is still a bit confused by your new diet? Maybe it just needs time to adjust and then you will see a loss.

Not too worried about not losing weight yet cos I am eating food as well. Maybe my body is confused and it needs time to adjust. Whatever the case I feel better with all the juicing and not eating so much rubbish all the time.

We arrive in Iceland on July 10th then fly to Greenland on the 11th, back to Iceland on the 19th then home on the 20th. OH wanted to do more of Iceland but I don't have enough holidays to take anymore than that so it's a shame but we could always go again if we find it absolutely amazing. I think we're staying most the time on a ferry type boat with bunk beds and a few nights inland in hostels. Not sure what to expect but hopefully it will be good :)

Thanks Ladies, went to buy walking shoes today cos I only have "fashion" trainers or Asics which get soaked even in drizzles. So excited :D

OH's mum is getting remarried in August and today I got a message from her on FB saying the theme is floral so if I can, please can I wear a floral dress? Erm. a) I don't have any dresses in the size I am at the moment cos I didn't want to even buy any size 14 dresses knowing that I look and feel awful in them and b) I don't have any floral dresses in any size at all in my wardrobe. I have one blouse that has flowers on it but again, smaller size than now. So I'm going to set OH's mum's wedding as a target and make a proper effort to get down to smaller sizes so I can go and buy a new floral dress. Gah. Me in floral...

I have 10 days from Monday till we set off for Greenland and 24 days from when we get back until the wedding so I should be able to get down to at least a size 12 I think. Good motivation I suppose to have something to work towards. Pre-Greenland will be loosely what I'm doing now but post-Greenland will have to be near 100% juicing me thinks.

I've started talking about juicing and sharing recipes with one of my work colleagues so it's good. She's been juicing since December last year and she's now trying to lose weight and get fit for her trip to Vegas in a few months. She's actually gone to Dorset for bootcamp, I wonder how she's doing... she's not overweight but I suppose nearly everyone wants to lose a few pounds before any event.

I made a strawberry, banana and plain yogurt smoothie this morning and got OH to taste it. He said he didn't like or dislike it but whenever I offered him a sip, he took it. Then when I left the smoothie right next to him, he actually finished the whole thing lol Shame he's moved out otherwise I could have given Mr Picky some juice with veggies in it too. The only veg he willingly eats is carrots and he has one Brussels Sprout at Christmas cos the whole family makes him. I made him eat a second one last Christmas and broke the tradition lol I swear it's more difficult than making a child eat veg! He's good tho, when we eat out and I ask him very nicely to eat 10 green beans, he will pout but eat it :D

Bath time for PogBaby tonight. She was in a really bad mood this morning but hopefully she won't be too bad when we try and clip her nails. We'll give her extra mealworms to sweeten her up :)

What a strange request from the MIL, surely will look a bit strange if all the female guests are in floral dresses!? I suppose you can get lots of different designs though and I'm sure you will find something you like :)

Size 12 is a great goal and perfectly doable by the wedding!

Awe pogbaby bathtime hehe! Hope the nail clipping went well!

I thought it was a really weird idea too but knowing what MIL is like, I can kind of understand. Turns out her wedding dress is floral and hopefully the weather will be really nice so I suppose having loads of colourful dresses around would be lovely.
Thanks for the links Susie, it's given me some ideas :)

PogBaby was not impressed last night when we were trimming her nails but no biting this time :D She had trashed her cage overnight and rearranged her furniture and toys around big time lol

Attachments

• 1404056519613.jpg
    1404056519613.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 46
Wow your the jucing queen Pogmoma!

The dress Susie suggested is gorgeous. You'll be juciluscious in it lol.

Aww how adorable is your Pogbaby- hope she enjoyed her worms. x

I'm also agog at reading about this little character. You certainly have a feisty one there. Who takes care of her when you're away?

Hehe love that pic she is the cutest thing!

Sorry I didn't mean to offend re: the floral dress situation, you can get lovely floral dresses and I'm sure everyone will look lovely, I just wouldn't like being told what to wear lol!

Have a good Monday Pog :)

I am loving Pogbaby updates, she gorgeous. I've been feeding the wild ones in my garden, so cute :)
Curious though about what happened with Gym buddy?

Not offended at all by your post Clareel, when I first read the message about the dress code I was like "Oh gawd... really???" but if the bride wants, the bride gets. Not happy about having to buy a floral dress tho, it's not my style but hey ho...

OH took PogBaby out of her cage to play with a bit earlier than usual yesterday. They're nocturnal so we usually bring her out after at least 9.30pm but yesterday it was more like 5.30pm. She went mental running around, climbing everything, pooing everywhere. She just wouldn't keep still until we stuck her head in the mealworm box where she gobbled them up in super fast speed. I don't think she was even chewing properly! When we took the box away off she went again so we had to put her back in her cage. This morning I woke up to find she'd been bossing her toys around overnight, they were all over the place!

If we leave PogBaby alone for one or two nights my flatmate usually changes her food and water and makes sure she's ok but any longer than that, we have a sitter. However this time when we go to Greenland, PogBaby is staying with OH's youngest sister as our sitter recently lost her eldest pog and they're quite upset.

Gym buddy - I forwarded him this newletter thing of events around More London (Tower Bridge way) which I used to do anyway. I got no response. I've just sent him an email asking if he wants to have a chat to clear the air but I have a feeling he's going to ignore it. It's been about a month now since we fell out and I'm not that bothered. He's one of them people who hold grudges and it might take him a few months to get over it if ever. He seriously needs to grow a pair! My OH said him and his girlfriend left the flat in a disgusting state over the weekend too. Also OH put up a new towel rail in the bathroom and told gym buddy it's for the towel that everyone can use but he keeps finding the towel down the side of the sink or on the door or just shoved to the side. OH thinks gym buddy is trying to push OH out of the flat by making him feel uncomfortable. Idiot.

Zappacat - what do you feed the wild hoggies? No milk please, they're lactose intolerant! No raisins either. How cute having wildies in your garden, hope they stay :)

Hi I buy cat food sachets for them but not the fish ones. They like the ones in jelly better than the gravy. I have at least 2 that come to be fed. Trouble is the magpies like the look of the cat food too so I have to stand nearby to scare them off or they peck him. I'm trying to attach a picture but it's not letting me. I'll try again later :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140630_114219.png
    ForumRunner_20140630_114219.png
    565 KB · Views: 29
  • ForumRunner_20140630_114530.png
    ForumRunner_20140630_114530.png
    618.7 KB · Views: 27
  • ForumRunner_20140630_114611.png
    ForumRunner_20140630_114611.png
    645.7 KB · Views: 27
Hi I buy cat food sachets for them but not the fish ones. They like the ones in jelly better than the gravy. I have at least 2 that come to be fed. Trouble is the magpies like the look of the cat food too so I have to stand nearby to scare them off or they peck him. I'm trying to attach a picture but it's not letting me. I'll try again later :)

How adorable. And good on you for looking after them :)

Back