Point free soup

21lbs to go1

:sign0009:Can someone let me know the recipe for the point free soup?

Thanks a lot :)

Karen x

Thank you, I'm not really a soup person but thought I'd give it a go!! Bet i'll do it and it will be yukky:sigh:

I'll let you know my magic ingredients tommorrow when I've done tescos!!

Karen x

As sandy says we all do it differently but I like plenty of tomato, onion and garlic in mine, might have to make some at the weekend not made it for a while.xx Good luck.xx

For me, carrot and coriander is the best 0 point soup - quantities will vary depending on how much you want to make - eh Rach???? (Rach tends to make very large quantities of soup) ;)

leek (1)
carrots (about 6 largish ones)
veg stock cubes (2)
coriander (one small pot)

chop the leek and carrots (can be into pretty big chunks as you will be blending them later)

Put a little fry light in the bottom of your saucepan and sweat off the leeks and carrots for about 5 minutes.

Add your stock (made up to about 1.5pts)

Leave to soften - chop and add the coriander (I use the stems as well as the leaves) then blend with a hand blender.

If its too thick then add a bit more stock to it.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

I have another one.
Finely dice 2 leeks, 2 carrots, 2 courgettes and put in a pot with 1 litre stock. Simmer until the veg are tender. Yum!

BNS+RED PEPPER SOUP.

Hi there.
I made this soup last week and loved it so much have just made some more.

1 BNS-(Butter nut squash)remove seeds+chop up no need to peel!!
1 Large Red Pepper (deseeded+chopped up)
1 Large Onion.
2 pints veg stock,dollop of Tomato puree and a few Black peppercorns.
Put all the ingredients in a big pan with the stock,cook till BNS is soft then blend till smooth.Add salt if needed.
Hmm Enjoy!:D

If you're not a soup fan, how about keeping your veg quite chunky and simmering them with tinned chopped tomatoes and then adding either chilli powder or curry powder and coriander leaves and making 0 point curry or chilli?

LOL. Yes, I love my hand blender as well, especially after I first tried to blend soup in my ordinary blender and managed to baptise myself in carrot and coriander!

Thank you so much everyone for being so helpful. I put in chopped tomatoes, stock, onions, (chopped leeks, green beans & courgettes - already chopped up at morrisons!), (carrots & swede - already chopped), butter squash mixed herbs, chilli powder & black pepper. Looks lovely but had two crumpets as was sick of smell all morning!!
Hubby came in and thought it looked and smelt lovely but he'd just had cooked breakfast at work!!

I'll eat it tommorrow as am out tonight and can take for lunch at work and heat up.
Thank you again one and all - you truely are angels!!:happy096:

Back