Pointing correctly.. tips?

ClareyCakes

SW Target Member
Hi there.

I started WW on Monday, I am doing it my myself at home, my sister has given me all her books (little blue one and deluxe pack)

Anyway I am not sure if I am pointing correct. I tend to use the calculator more than anything else but there are things that I can't use it for like milk, ham, potatoes etc.

Is it a better idea to weigh everything? How do you detirmine portion sizes off the top of your head? ie: this morning I had a handful of cereal and a bit of semi skimmed milk, I got my calculator out and found the cereal was 1.5 points per 30g.. how would I know without weighing if I had 30g? is there a trick?
and with the milk I don't suppose I even used 1/4 of a pint.. I am confused.

Sorry for all the muddled questions, if anyone could give me any advice or tips at all i'd be very greatful

Many thanks. x

I always weight cereal as you will be suprised at how litttle 30g is ! lol, and milk i measure out 1/2 pt in a morning into a jug and use that throughout the day

Weigh measure everything unless it's an exact item or already pointed. It's amazing how many people after a while stop doing it as they think they know how much food weighs by 'lookin' at it? That's when the plan stops working as we start to sts and gain as we could have many points over by misjudgement.

Ceral fluids rice pasta meat dairy etc always be sure xx

Thank you.

This might be a really stupid question, and if so feel free to have a giggle at my expense, but can I just weigh with my kitchen scales or should I buy the WW ones??

I use my bog standard kitchen scales.

I am a bit fussy about weighing and do everything!

I use normal kitchen scales too, I have digital ones that I can put a pan on and reset to zero, add something, then reset again to add the next thing... It's ace, really useful!
But I still have to calculate the points separately :)

I have the w.w scales and weigh everything , butter , bread rolls everything, i do love the fact that they point everything for me . I think they are worth every penny .

Kitchen scales , any type will do, like everyone has said you will need to weigh things, you will get into the swing of doing this, i also have a pint glass, mark off things like 1/4 pint, 1/2 pint etc just so it's easier when pouring intead of having to keep getting measuring jug out, also someone mentioned on here (sorry forgot who it was!!!) that they pour a pint of milk out everyday pop in fridge and point it, then use the milk freely throughout the whole day for different things :) bit on cereal, bit in tea, just for a quick drink etc etc :)

for potatos when weighed it's 100gs raw potato to every 1 ww point :) so; 200gs = 2 points, 250gs = 2.5, 300gs = 3 etc etc you get it :) and if it's a odd number like 271 then round it to the 300 and point 3 points :)

also with ham, if your using wafer thin, it's usually 2 slices to every 0.5 point :)

PS: i'm a total loser and forgot to say, WELCOME! :D hehe hope your enjoying WW :) xx

Thank you so much for all the tips, it has really helped. Definately going to be weighing everything now

:)

Back