pointless

Amonius

hey all,
be prepared this is going to be a rant.....I slipped up again yesterday. Things just don't seem to be going well, I had the fire incident which shuck me up, now my father is very very sick, my mother who is a chronic alcoholic (she nearly died from the drink about a year ago) is back to drinking and vomiting and hurling abuse at me over the phone, my sister is having to go to rehab and my partner is struggling with depression and is constantly snapping and sniping at me. I want to do this and yet again I am starting again today, I am really starting to think that God just wants me to eat myself to death whilst watching those I love around me fall apart whilst they shout at me to sort their lives out for them. The whole reason I started this programme is because a had a breakdown a few years back, and after loosing 10 stone in uni put all the weight back on due to medication and stress; now I have finally been able to get a much prized place on a MA degree course for social work and need/want to loose the weight so I am healthier and better equipped to help people in the world. So..............Ill get back on my horse and start again today, get on the exercise bike and try to burn of yesterdays binge..........but I am really starting to wonder if there really is a point in bothering at all....maybe I should just quit the idea of going back to uni, order 50 buckets of KFC and see if I can eat enough fried chicken so my stomach bursts and I die, or my heart. I dont know, feeling so down....rant over, much love to you all x :wave_cry:

You should be very proud of yourself getting on MA social work. It is very difficult to get on that course. If you can do that MA u can do LT.
Just try and take everyday at a time! Do what needs for your family but u need to think about u!
Well done so far xxx

Hey lovely girl, so sorry to hear about your family troubles. I work in mental health so can have some empathy with your situation. My advice would be to find a local support group for carers, because that is what you are a beautiful carer. Also, I wouldl not kill yourself trying to burn of yesterdays blip, just start afresh today today, or this afternoon. Break your time down into manageable chunks of coping with your situation. And a great big congratulations for being accepted on your course, well done, what an achievement. Again, I would strongly encourage you to make contact with local support groups. Stay well, best regards, Elaine.

Hey Elaine, I am actually a lad (made me smile being called "girl") I have never thought about joining a carers support group, never really seen myself as a carer to be honest. And Vickster thank you or saying I should be proud, I don't feel that way but thank you... Thank you both for your thoughts and well wishes x

Congrats on the things you have achieved.I was very much like you and too busy dealing with family,friends,etc and now it's all about me,my OH and kiddies.
I will help others out still,but I make sure that I'm not stretching myself to help them as it's not fair.
Stick with this diet,as you will gain your confidence in so many ways and this is something that you can do for yourself.I hope things get easier for you x

Thank you twinkle, just did 20 mins on my new exercise bike, knackered but the endorphins it released made me feel a bit better, and you guys really help on here, I can't thank you all enough, your keeping me going. Here's hoping I get through the next three days, then I know I will be back on track and in proper ketosis again. x

Congrats on ur MA Hun, like previous posts be proud of what u've achieved. I no it may sound selfish, but right now it's time to see to yourself first, as once u feel like ur in control of ur life, then u will b able to help others. Put yesterday's binge behind u n start afresh from today. U can do it, just believe in yourself.
Hope family life settles down a bit n do sorry u r goin through such a rough ride at moment.

my mother who is a chronic alcoholic (she nearly died from the drink about a year ago) is back to drinking and vomiting and hurling abuse at me over the phone, my sister is having to go to rehab

Firstly, a big hug to you. You're dealing with terrible situations on all sides and I can only begin to imagine how bad that feels. So, well done for recognising that you need to think about your needs in the middle of it all by taking on your weight issues.

I've quoted the top bit because it seems to me with your mum being an alcoholic and your sister in rehab that you may have the family genetic tendencies towards addiction. I know we do in our family...my brothers been addicted to almost every substance going at some point in his life, my mum gets herself in trouble with slot machines, her brother is in debt through scratch cards and her other brother is an alcoholic.

Me? I'm addicted to food. i remember going to see the doctor about something and him quizzing me on my job (like you its very stressful) and my alcohol intake. When I explained my drinking (which, although I like a drink, isn't that much) he said "so how do you cope with the stress of work?" I answered him "Look at me. How do you think I cope? i go home and abuse the toaster!"

I started dieting when I was half the weight I am today and nothing has ever worked, I lose it then gain it back double. It's not until I've accepted that I am an addict too and seen Lipotrim as my "rehab" that I've felt anything like hopeful. I'm only 6 days in, but this time I'm seeing hunger pains as withdrawal symptoms. And just like cravings for coke, nicotine or alcohol, they will pass.

However, its taken 20 years for me to accept this situation and I'm not sure if struggling with the challenges you're facing I'd be able to be a strong as you are. So keep going. You've achieved so much in getting though your degree and onto the MA course. and remember, the forums always here for you.

Congratulations on your MA and definitely do not give up on it- some people dont make it that far in education so keep going forward with it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation and the only thing that I would keep doing is thinking of you and where you want to go. I know you have so many others to think about but don't destroy yourself while trying to fix others. You can do this programme! I have no doubt, you just have to believe in yourself that you can do it and nothing is going to get in the way! We all believe in you here anyways :) And you will always find support here! :)

Firstly, a big hug to you. You're dealing with terrible situations on all sides and I can only begin to imagine how bad that feels. So, well done for recognising that you need to think about your needs in the middle of it all by taking on your weight issues.

I've quoted the top bit because it seems to me with your mum being an alcoholic and your sister in rehab that you may have the family genetic tendencies towards addiction. I know we do in our family...my brothers been addicted to almost every substance going at some point in his life, my mum gets herself in trouble with slot machines, her brother is in debt through scratch cards and her other brother is an alcoholic.

Me? I'm addicted to food. i remember going to see the doctor about something and him quizzing me on my job (like you its very stressful) and my alcohol intake. When I explained my drinking (which, although I like a drink, isn't that much) he said "so how do you cope with the stress of work?" I answered him "Look at me. How do you think I cope? i go home and abuse the toaster!"

I started dieting when I was half the weight I am today and nothing has ever worked, I lose it then gain it back double. It's not until I've accepted that I am an addict too and seen Lipotrim as my "rehab" that I've felt anything like hopeful. I'm only 6 days in, but this time I'm seeing hunger pains as withdrawal symptoms. And just like cravings for coke, nicotine or alcohol, they will pass.

However, its taken 20 years for me to accept this situation and I'm not sure if struggling with the challenges you're facing I'd be able to be a strong as you are. So keep going. You've achieved so much in getting though your degree and onto the MA course. and remember, the forums always here for you.

Well done to you too!! :)

I have finally been able to get a much prized place on a MA degree course for social work and need/want to loose the weight so I am healthier and better equipped to help people in the world.

Congratulations and well done on getting a place on a MA degree course...if you can do that you can do Lipotrim.

Some excellent advice and support in the posts above and there is not much more I can add just to say...take it one day at a time and when you go to bed after completing a full day pat yourself on the back for a day well done.

If you feel yourself being tempted log on here and we will do our best to support you through it as we know how difficult this diet is but so well worth it.

guys, so touched, thank you so much, you have no idea how much it means to me. Dusty I can relate, I am addicted to food, I know I am......it was proven on my first week of LT when I was full but still craved food in my head, it is a comfort and I do think of LT as my rehab, it helps :) "i go home and abuse the toaster!" made me lol, I just abuse the local takeaway!! Next time I feel tempted to break Ill come on here and post, thank you all for making me smile and feel a lot happier, love to you all xx :)

So glad to hear you're feeling stronger! Go for it.

If I was a bloke, or a bit younger, or not a manger in the public service lol, I'd have.....This too will pass... tattooed on my wrist! That saying has helped me loads when I have cravings or hunger pangs!

This forum is a lifesaver, hope to keep seeing you posting

Dusty

Back