Polite request

I do quite often read a question without replying, but that is usually because (and this may be hard to believe!) I have nothing to say. Can't see the point of letting the original poster think they have received lots of replies, only to find they are from people like me saying "haven't a clue, sorry"!!

Feeling a little more generous than when I started this thread, I wonder if it is because new people cannot always find their way back to the posts that they made? I am going to assume that, in the spirit of generosity!

I agree. I must admit there have been a few times I haven't replied to people (not just about syn values), not because I was being rude but just because I didn't feel the need as there was nothing to say... And, of course, there have been times when I've just forgotten to reply and then remembered later, because I'm just forgetful lol

Hello all! Good idea for a thread I have been part of the minimins community for 7 weeks today in fact :) and I love it here. :) I started a thread in introductions I welcomed a lot of fellow newbies to my thread and encouraged them to chat but it occurred to me that as time went by a few posts were from some people who i suspect just wanted to get to the magic 40 posts. I would get random posts who would say "good luck to us all"and that's it?? Or am I just being cynical? ;) but that said I have met some really lovely people on here and gained some really great down to earth advice :) so all is not lost x .....oh and good luck to us all! :giggle:

Nice to see you Jeane VB....I thought you were having a break? so good to see you posting. I haven't been here long so don't really feel qualified to reply to some posts, but it's annoying to be downright ignored, and very rude IMO.
I've got to say that I put a post on saying I was lost. I had no idea where to find threads I'd replied to so sort of wandered about aimlessly. Then one of the mods pointed out about the subscribed posts at the top of the page....I didn't even know what that meant, BUT am getting my head round it now. I like the stones through the zones thread and the Thursday weighers, (my WI day) because you get to talk to the same people and get to know them a bit......but I still think people go away because they think everyone else are friends and chat amongst themselves, but they don't. They just need to hang around a little bit longer. If someone doesn't reply to me, yet still writes on the thread, I just move on. Life's too short to worry about people with no manners xx:)

I got annoyed recently when for days most of my subscribed threads had me as the last poster with some very full replies.

However, I do believe that others read them and will find them in the future- so not wasted.

I'm just a baby sometimes and want a thank you :(

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with wanting a bit of gratitude Puppet :) after all you took time out of your day to respond. I blame the parents :D xx

you maybe right there puppet but whatever the answer is it's gonna be the right one for someone else! x :cool:

Just to confirm, do we mean that people just arent replying to threads leaving them empty, or that people are responding to threads but when they do, their specific response is ignored?

If that makes sense!

Just to confirm, do we mean that people just arent replying to threads leaving them empty, or that people are responding to threads but when they do, their specific response is ignored?

If that makes sense!

Personally I am talking about when I respond on a thread. I don't see many that are left unanswered for long-- they are usually ones that have obvious answers if the person had searched the forum, I find.

I do quite often read a question without replying, but that is usually because (and this may be hard to believe!) I have nothing to say. Can't see the point of letting the original poster think they have received lots of replies, only to find they are from people like me saying "haven't a clue, sorry"!!

Feeling a little more generous than when I started this thread, I wonder if it is because new people cannot always find their way back to the posts that they made? I am going to assume that, in the spirit of generosity!

I must admit when I first started on here not that long ago I posted a thread and people were congratulating me on my good loss in my first week, I did not reply at first for exactly that reason, I could not find my way back and was going through pages of posts ! I am glad I now know about the subscribed thread though :)

Hi Emma,
I'm new here too (only joined tonight).
How are you doing with SW? How long have you been on it?

Tarnbop x

My first weigh in will be on Monday.... Dreading it!lol
Think I've been doing a bit wrong until today... Struggle with making every meal balance, but my day balances, if that makes sense!
Half a lb is nothing-have you been doing exercise too? Here's hoping for a loss for you this week :)

Oh and my tummy isn't dealing so well with the change in diet either.... Hope it settles for you too soon!

Tarnbop x

Nice to see you Jeane VB....I thought you were having a break? so good to see you posting. I haven't been here long so don't really feel qualified to reply to some posts, but it's annoying to be downright ignored, and very rude IMO.

Hey Polly, I'm off plan but not totally offline. Popping in as and when I can. Lots happening at home, very stressful/emotional time for the family and not always got time to eat properly so just eating whatever!!!

Will be back on plan and online properly soon x

My first weigh in will be on Monday.... Dreading it!lol
Think I've been doing a bit wrong until today... Struggle with making every meal balance, but my day balances, if that makes sense!
Half a lb is nothing-have you been doing exercise too? Here's hoping for a loss for you this week :)

Oh and my tummy isn't dealing so well with the change in diet either.... Hope it settles for you too soon!

Tarnbop x

I'm sure we will have this 'eating plan' sorted ;) keep me posted how you do
Emma x

Hello Emma and Tarnbop. Welcome to SW! Excited for you and your future on the plan :)

Thanks puppetwitch!

Emma, I hope you're feeling less bloated and that you're having a good weekend. I'm really nervous for my weigh in tomorrow, but fingers crossed!

Tarnbop x

Back