POLL? How often do you weigh yourself?

kjs1628

Surely....
I know there have been a few threads similar to this recently, but thought it would be interesting to see results all in one place. So how frequently do you weigh yourself?

Are you, like me, a 'scales at the bottom of the bed, first thing in the morning, after your shower and last thing at night, plus times in between if feeling fat / skinny / annoyed???

Or do you manage to control yourself and go for once a week weigh ins?

I really feel that I would be better off weighing like monthly, because I know that I can self-destruct if the results aren't what i expected (eat if I'm annoyed at having lost so little and eat if I've done really well and think I deserve a treat....grrr). But I can't do it. I was definitely only going to weigh in on december 8th, but only managed two days without, and am now completely Peeed off because I'm heavier than I expected...

So what do you do girls? and has anyone found a successful, motivating way of doing it?

By the way, it is true - I just had a bath and lost a pound while I was in there. Where's that gone then? Surely I wasn't that grubby??!!!!!

You do know that skin does absorb moisture so you may actually come up heavier than normal!

Just thought I would mention it for those that shower first.

I weigh in every time I pass my scales so that would be minimum of twice a day:eek: morning after wee and night before bed .Then I have the tidy bedroom day so that would be 3 times :eek:on that day then I have to get on before and after bath /shower :eek:and when i get dressed to see how much more I weigh with clothes:eek: .So would say even now Im maintaining for 7 months still cant stop .But all the exercise I get going up and down stairs is good :D

I weigh in every time I pass my scales so that would be minimum of twice a day:eek: morning after wee and night before bed .Then I have the tidy bedroom day so that would be 3 times :eek:on that day then I have to get on before and after bath /shower :eek:and when i get dressed to see how much more I weigh with clothes:eek: .So would say even now Im maintaining for 7 months still cant stop .But all the exercise I get going up and down stairs is good :D
ooo your addicted as well :8855:

By the way, it is true - I just had a bath and lost a pound while I was in there. Where's that gone then? Surely I wasn't that grubby??!!!!!

LOL!:8855:

I cant weigh myself anymore -
daughter has hidden the dam scales !!!

I'm addicted - 3 or 4 times a day lol as they are by the toilet, normally do it just after washing my hands. Can't help myself. I won't stop though as it keeps me focused and aware of whether the week is going well or not - if I'm weighing in about about the same as my official WI half way through the week then I know I need to up the pace a bit etc.
I can't help myself!

Emerald
X

I'm rarely off my scales !!
I did ask my hubby to hide them for a few days once but felt like i'd hlost a limb or something.
We all know we shouldn't but we do

i weigh every day im a complete scales addict !!! I know its wrong but it keeps me on track, i can not wait ON A weekly basis.
ID HAVE TO KILL ANY 1 THAT TRIED TO TAKE THE SCALES OFF ME !!

HAHA

I only weigh once a week. I am too heavy for the home scales.

The first time I dieted seriously, probably 15 years ago, I was a scales addict. Weighed in the morning, in the evening, before and after a wee or a poo (!!), I was obsessed.

Nowadays, I just weigh at SW class, despite actually having my own scales at home. I never get them out. I spend enough of my day planning meals, red/green days, what am I going to eat on the staff christmas meal, etc... If I was spending the rest of my time weighing myself, it would take over my life and drive me crazy. So I just wait until my WI at class and make it an anticipated event.

and what about this...where are they? On carpet or on tiles? Can make a hell of a difference you know!!!!

Mine are on carpet at the mo, so I content myself with the fact that if they were downstairs on tiles I'd weigh at least 3lbs less...

Ladies....this how OCD's start!!! Lol
I used to be addicted to, but have managed to last! I weigh twice a week and thats enough!!!

Back