POLL? How often do you weigh yourself?

kjs1628

Surely....
S: 12st8.8lb C: 11st8lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st0.8lb(8.37%)
I know there have been a few threads similar to this recently, but thought it would be interesting to see results all in one place. So how frequently do you weigh yourself?

Are you, like me, a 'scales at the bottom of the bed, first thing in the morning, after your shower and last thing at night, plus times in between if feeling fat / skinny / annoyed???

Or do you manage to control yourself and go for once a week weigh ins?

I really feel that I would be better off weighing like monthly, because I know that I can self-destruct if the results aren't what i expected (eat if I'm annoyed at having lost so little and eat if I've done really well and think I deserve a treat....grrr). But I can't do it. I was definitely only going to weigh in on december 8th, but only managed two days without, and am now completely Peeed off because I'm heavier than I expected...

So what do you do girls? and has anyone found a successful, motivating way of doing it?

By the way, it is true - I just had a bath and lost a pound while I was in there. Where's that gone then? Surely I wasn't that grubby??!!!!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Treats

Silver Member
You do know that skin does absorb moisture so you may actually come up heavier than normal!

Just thought I would mention it for those that shower first.

mandye

Silver Member
S: 21st7lb C: 10st8lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 21.9 Loss: 10st13lb(50.83%)
I weigh in every time I pass my scales so that would be minimum of twice a day:eek: morning after wee and night before bed .Then I have the tidy bedroom day so that would be 3 times :eek:on that day then I have to get on before and after bath /shower :eek:and when i get dressed to see how much more I weigh with clothes:eek: .So would say even now Im maintaining for 7 months still cant stop .But all the exercise I get going up and down stairs is good :D

victoria sponge

Silver Member
I weigh in every time I pass my scales so that would be minimum of twice a day:eek: morning after wee and night before bed .Then I have the tidy bedroom day so that would be 3 times :eek:on that day then I have to get on before and after bath /shower :eek:and when i get dressed to see how much more I weigh with clothes:eek: .So would say even now Im maintaining for 7 months still cant stop .But all the exercise I get going up and down stairs is good :D
ooo your addicted as well :8855:

abigail09

Gold Member
S: 11st6lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 0st5lb(3.13%)
By the way, it is true - I just had a bath and lost a pound while I was in there. Where's that gone then? Surely I wasn't that grubby??!!!!!

LOL!:8855:

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
S: 19st13lb C: 15st9lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 4st4lb(21.51%)
I cant weigh myself anymore -
daughter has hidden the dam scales !!!

Emerald

I'm addicted - 3 or 4 times a day lol as they are by the toilet, normally do it just after washing my hands. Can't help myself. I won't stop though as it keeps me focused and aware of whether the week is going well or not - if I'm weighing in about about the same as my official WI half way through the week then I know I need to up the pace a bit etc.
I can't help myself!

Emerald
X

mommyB

love it
S: 14st13lb C: 14st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 0st6lb(2.87%)
I'm rarely off my scales !!
I did ask my hubby to hide them for a few days once but felt like i'd hlost a limb or something.
We all know we shouldn't but we do

i weigh every day im a complete scales addict !!! I know its wrong but it keeps me on track, i can not wait ON A weekly basis.
ID HAVE TO KILL ANY 1 THAT TRIED TO TAKE THE SCALES OFF ME !!

HAHA

ikkle87

Silver Member
S: 31st11.5lb C: 31st4.5lb G: 14st11lb BMI: 56.3 Loss: 0st7lb(1.57%)
I only weigh once a week. I am too heavy for the home scales.

Minders

Finding inspiration
S: 17st9lb C: 14st5lb G: 12st7lb Loss: 3st4lb(18.62%)
The first time I dieted seriously, probably 15 years ago, I was a scales addict. Weighed in the morning, in the evening, before and after a wee or a poo (!!), I was obsessed.

Nowadays, I just weigh at SW class, despite actually having my own scales at home. I never get them out. I spend enough of my day planning meals, red/green days, what am I going to eat on the staff christmas meal, etc... If I was spending the rest of my time weighing myself, it would take over my life and drive me crazy. So I just wait until my WI at class and make it an anticipated event.

angelcake72

S: 15st5lb C: 13st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 34.4 Loss: 1st7lb(9.77%)
Another scale addict - just has to be done everyday - official weigh in is Saturday morning.:D:D:D:D:D

kjs1628

Surely....
S: 12st8.8lb C: 11st8lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st0.8lb(8.37%)
and what about this...where are they? On carpet or on tiles? Can make a hell of a difference you know!!!!

Mine are on carpet at the mo, so I content myself with the fact that if they were downstairs on tiles I'd weigh at least 3lbs less...

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
Ladies....this how OCD's start!!! Lol
I used to be addicted to, but have managed to last! I weigh twice a week and thats enough!!!