1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by judywoody, 26 June 2011 Social URL.

1. judywoody

judywoody Full Member

Just noticed that the cheap white fish they sell in Tesco is pollock and not cod and I can't find it as HEX B on Green Days. I know it's often being substituted for cod but I am a bit surprised that I can't find out whether I can use it as a HEX B or not...

Can anyone find out online? Would be very helpful as I don't know how many grams I can have (even under the "white fish" section in the book there are differences in the type of fish and how much I can have of each..)

here are the differences in the nutritional value per 100 g - Pollock has more calories, too - but more protein (might not be much but still..)

Protein (g) 17.6
    Fat (g) 0.3
    Carbohydrates (g) 0
    Sodium (mg) 70
    Potassium (mg) 382
    Water (g) 81.2
    Calories 78

Protein (g) 20.4
    Fat (g) 0.9
    Carbohydrates (g) 0
    Sodium (mg) 48
    Potassium (mg) 350
    Water (g) 77.4
    Calories 95
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. auntynet

auntynet Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Just used the syns calculator and on a green day both Cod and Pollack works out at 5 syns per 100g.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.