poo

Well ladies, i've woken up at quarter past 3 thinking there might be some movement. Nothing has happened so far but for the first time in days I actually feel hungry! I'm hoping thiis means there might be something positive going on.

Will update in the morning, i'm sure you will all be eagerly waiting news!

I started to read this just as I am eating my weetabix and banana and asking myself 'do I really want to know ' visions of 5 days worth in my head as I try to swallow my brekkie, not good. Go for a jog round the block that often works, or get someone to massage your tummy. x x

I am really shocked reading about all your problems... I was never regular at this but when i'm doing SW i'm going regular,sometimes 2 times a day :eek: I wish i could help you,give you some advice,but i'm not doing anything extraordinary to keep it like that. It's just the "side effect" of the diet :)

Yowza Jez, how many days since the last one? Have you been eating much *actual stuff*? :confused: Maybe you're just not eating enough?

I agree A&E is not going to be all that helpful with summat like this (expecially at a w/e) :sigh: You not got any other symptoms? If not then dont worry about it til Monday, just keep eating/drinking, get some caffeine, veggies and exercise in you and go see GP again Monday. If you DO get any symptoms then get yerself off to the hospital. Take care x :)

The last one was sunday, the one before that was wednesday 10th jan. I was eating normally, including lots of superfree and fibre foods until about wednessday this week when I just couldn't stomach much. I've been having a proper evening meal but was only eating fruit throughout the day because I was in work and worried that a proper meal would set me off- not good in my job.

I've been taking 1 senekot, then on thurs upped to 2 senekot, then yesterday 2 Senekot Comfort, andrews and a fybogel plus some prunes, pinneappple and kiwi......

No movement yet but the pains in my back are definitely not as bad and I don't feel as bunged as yesterday, i'm hoping this means something is happening. I'm about to do half an hour on the Wii in the hope that that speeds things up and then, although I gave up smoking in december, i'n going to have a cig as that always used to help.

Erm, NHS people told me to lay off caffeine. You disagree?

The last one was sunday, the one before that was wednesday 10th jan. I was eating normally, including lots of superfree and fibre foods until about wednessday this week when I just couldn't stomach much. I've been having a proper evening meal but was only eating fruit throughout the day because I was in work and worried that a proper meal would set me off- not good in my job.

I've been taking 1 senekot, then on thurs upped to 2 senekot, then yesterday 2 Senekot Comfort, andrews and a fybogel plus some prunes, pinneappple and kiwi......

No movement yet but the pains in my back are definitely not as bad and I don't feel as bunged as yesterday, i'm hoping this means something is happening. I'm about to do half an hour on the Wii in the hope that that speeds things up and then, although I gave up smoking in december, i'n going to have a cig as that always used to help.

Erm, NHS people told me to lay off caffeine. You disagree?

Well with me it's always the coffee that kicks things into motion as it were :rolleyes: Caffeine gets the muscles in your colon moving so helps move things along IF there is stuff in there and no blockage. But if theres nothing there or there IS a blockage it could make things worse, so if the doctor told you NOT to take it then do what they say - especially as you say you had cramps?

If youve not been eating 'normally' since Wed it might just be that theres nothing much in there! I had this problem when I was in hospital, I was laid up for weeks after a road accident and eating hardly anything, so there was literally nothing there to come out!

Once you start eating again things will start moving along, but you might find that whatever the last bits of food were that went in have kind of got 'stalled' along the way, and as other stuff comes up behind it it gets like a traffic jam and kind of compacts into a bigger, harder, er 'lump' than usual, so it can sometimes be a bit hard to pass at the other end as the er 'hole' isn't big enough :rolleyes: But they can sort that out and usually it becomes a bit more obvious that there *is something* that *wants* to come out... If it feels like theres nothing that's particularly fancying getting out urgently I wouldn't worry too much :) Just pop in to your GP Monday and let them know whats going on.

Its out :wave_cry: Went to a&e this morning, got to see a lovely x-ray of my innards which was pleasant. I have to see my GP on monday, the nurse at a&e reccomended I discuss the SW diet and show him my food diaries. My GP is a really good looking bloke so I'm not looking forward to discussing poo with him!!:eek:

Thankyou everyone for your support and help, particularly Roziee who sent me some marvellous pre-poo encouragement :)

I'm going for a lie down!!

Well with me it's always the coffee that kicks things into motion as it were :rolleyes: Caffeine gets the muscles in your colon moving so helps move things along IF there is stuff in there and no blockage. But if theres nothing there or there IS a blockage it could make things worse, so if the doctor told you NOT to take it then do what they say - especially as you say you had cramps?

If youve not been eating 'normally' since Wed it might just be that theres nothing much in there! I had this problem when I was in hospital, I was laid up for weeks after a road accident and eating hardly anything, so there was literally nothing there to come out!

Once you start eating again things will start moving along, but you might find that whatever the last bits of food were that went in have kind of got 'stalled' along the way, and as other stuff comes up behind it it gets like a traffic jam and kind of compacts into a bigger, harder, er 'lump' than usual, so it can sometimes be a bit hard to pass at the other end as the er 'hole' isn't big enough :rolleyes: But they can sort that out and usually it becomes a bit more obvious that there *is something* that *wants* to come out... If it feels like theres nothing that's particularly fancying getting out urgently I wouldn't worry too much :) Just pop in to your GP Monday and let them know whats going on.

And this is excellent too! Thanks Ermi :D

Glad its out :) I have suffered terrible with constipation for years. Did you manage to go naturally or did you need some help :/

x_ali_x said:
Just "logged" in (snigger) to check for an update glad it's gone and you feel better.

That took me a while but now I'm chuckling lots. Hehehe

Glad you are feeling lighter, now make sure that you drink loads of water every day, thinking you really won't want a repeat!!!!!

The dramas that can come with toilet motions lol.

Things have slowed since sw and particularly at pre menstrual times. It drives me nuts trying all I can and nothing works at that time of month. It annoys me on the scales when I know I've been good. It always catches up with me in the end.

Glad to see what's the norm though.

funny reading all the comments on here so glad your sorted now! i found b4 xmas i was only going every few days but i found the speed soup helped having a mug of that every day.i ve also been eating alot of clementines the re meant to be good.i think i read that alpen lights can bung u up i ve cut down on them aswell and seem to be ok lately.weird with the amount of veg etc we re eating u wouldnt think we d get this problem!sounds like its a common thing then x

Glad its out :) I have suffered terrible with constipation for years. Did you manage to go naturally or did you need some help :/

With quite A LOT of help!!! The poor student nurse :eek:

Glad you are feeling lighter, now make sure that you drink loads of water every day, thinking you really won't want a repeat!!!!!

I absolutely will do :eek:

i think i read that alpen lights can bung u up i ve cut down on them aswell and seem to be ok lately.

Funny you should say that because the week it all started I had a bit of an alpen light binge. I usually have weetabix but I was busy in work so was having these on the go! Bugger.

Glad your feeling better now. It's a horrid feeling, although never experienced it to your degree. However completely agree about the alpen lights. As much as they are nice and get a sweet craving gone, I do tend to feel bit more bunged with having them. But hey I suppose it's finding things that work for us. Like now my body doesn't deal with fatty foods well at all! I went out for dinner and ate chips with my meal and a massive dessert and well.... I'm feeling cleared out!

In the state I was in, I'd be worried about eating something a bit fatty in case it got stuck in there and made it worse!! I read on the internet somewhere (prob not true in the slightest!) that if you aren't careful you'll end up vomiting up faeces :(

Back