Poorly and off food!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by -Laura-, 7 January 2011 Social URL.

1. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm picked up the cold/flu(?) bug that I've been successfully avoiding since mid-December, and have spent the entire day feeling rubbish and feeling sorry for myself!!

I've eaten the grand total of a banana, a bit of melon and some grapes. I did venture to the shops so got a few bits - some plaice and some pork, potatoes, loads of mushrooms (my fave), some exciting looking cottage cheese (do I need to get out more?) and of course have all the standard veg and store cupboard staples in.

Usually I'd be spoilt for choice of what to eat, but I just can't get excited about eating anything!!

Can anyone inspire me to get off my backside and into the kitchen to rustle up something yummy?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Poor thing!

i was hoping that the one good thing to come out of my time off work was a loss of appetite and subsequent weight loss.

Instead I am feeling hungry (feeding a flu?) all the time, but cannot taste anything! - nightmare!

So trying to eat basics - just to fill up but loss of smell and taste takes away the pleasure:cry:

4. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you've hit the nail on the head, it's hard to get excited about yummy food when you can't taste it properly! I don't want to waste any of the good stuff while I can't appreciate it properly!

5. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Best batch up a load of soup then. Oh and loads of vitamin C for the old man-flu:p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.