Poorly and off food!!

-Laura-

Silver Member
I'm picked up the cold/flu(?) bug that I've been successfully avoiding since mid-December, and have spent the entire day feeling rubbish and feeling sorry for myself!!

I've eaten the grand total of a banana, a bit of melon and some grapes. I did venture to the shops so got a few bits - some plaice and some pork, potatoes, loads of mushrooms (my fave), some exciting looking cottage cheese (do I need to get out more?) and of course have all the standard veg and store cupboard staples in.

Usually I'd be spoilt for choice of what to eat, but I just can't get excited about eating anything!!

Can anyone inspire me to get off my backside and into the kitchen to rustle up something yummy?!

Poor thing!

i was hoping that the one good thing to come out of my time off work was a loss of appetite and subsequent weight loss.

Instead I am feeling hungry (feeding a flu?) all the time, but cannot taste anything! - nightmare!

So trying to eat basics - just to fill up but loss of smell and taste takes away the pleasure:cry:

I think you've hit the nail on the head, it's hard to get excited about yummy food when you can't taste it properly! I don't want to waste any of the good stuff while I can't appreciate it properly!

Back