Poorly!

Ok, week 2 of LL, and I am getting the first signs of a cold - feeling chilly, sore throat, runny nose, achey.:cry:

What can I take or not take? And how to I deal with the thoughts of "I need comfort"/ "I can't diet when I've got a cold"?

Pathetic, I know, but honest! :eek:

Sorry your not feeling too good. Take paracetamol and drink plenty of warm fluids, thats all I did and it got me through.
Some of the other guys maybe able to help out with some other remedies. If it does get worse don't hesitate to contact your doctor!
Hope you feel better soon.

Our LLC said if you had tro buy over the countre cold medicine, get the ones for diabetics.

ALso, as said, drink lots of warm tea, or hot water with St. clements- its very soothing, etc.

Don;t give into thoughts of comfort, you will actually get well sooner on the packs of perfect nutrition. I know how much easier said then done that is, but you can do it. :)Hopefully you bounce back right away.

I am so sorry you are getting ill - that was always a worry of mine. I hope you are well again soon.

how to I deal with the thoughts of "I need comfort"?
Remind yourself that f**d will not bring you comfort for one second longer than it is in your mouth, but it will make you feel worse after you have eaten it, for many hours. And you don't want to feel worse than you do already, right?

Take comfort in a long hot bath, wrap up in your duvet, watch some TV, have a hot (black) tea or coffee and give yourself an early night.

how to I deal with the thoughts of "I can't diet when I've got a cold"?
Think of it this way;
You are not on a diet.
You are on a lifestyle adjustment and management program.

Works for me!

F**d and eating is only part of it, you are in this to change your mentality and your lifestyle as well. and seeing the dreaded "f" word as providing comfort is what's gotten you to this place, correct?
So keep telling yourself that. After all, eating is not a cure for a cold!

Excuses of not to do things, easily become challenges TO do things! Just turn it around!

Instead of "I can't diet when I've got a cold", make it "How much can I prove to myself if I can 'diet' while I push of this pesky cold?"

Think of it as your next challenge; you've done the 1st day, the 1st week, and almost the fortnight. Soon, you'll be able to say "I've done a "flu" week, and if I can do LL through a cold, then I can do it through anything!"

:)
x

Ok, week 2 of LL, and I am getting the first signs of a cold - feeling chilly, sore throat, runny nose, achey.:cry:

What can I take or not take? And how to I deal with the thoughts of "I need comfort"/ "I can't diet when I've got a
cold"?

Oh no SIIM, poor you. Try green tea if you can stomach it as it has masses of antioxidants and plently of rest .... so off to bed with you for an early night!

Get well soon!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your suggestions. Virus kicking in now, but a mother's work is never done (a bit like the housework, I really must do something today) LOL

Soluable aspirin in hot water with some of the st clements water flavouring tastes like lemsip, and you'll know it's doing you good too.

For full on colds, I've found nothing more effective than the decongestant nasal sprays, and I think you're allowed them. I used them anyway when I had a stinking cold.

Spoil yourself in non-food ways, a hot bath, a dvd on the sofa with a blanket, get someone to give you a soothing massage, a good book or magazine, making time to ring an old friend, have your hair/nails done, have a manicure, have a pamper night (face mask, bubble bath, at home hair dye) get rid of the family and have an evening to yourself, go to the pictures with a friend, take a long walk somewhere beautiful, buy yourself flowers...

food is such a tiny, tiny part of the world, you can treat yourself without it :hug99:

Yes I know you're right, thank you TG, I will stop whingeing and get on with it. I know that LL will teach me to enjoy the other pleasures in life - it's just a bit early in the journey tbh
Bath with bubbles and a book and peppermint tea now I think!

I went through those same feelings, my first PMT was particularly challenging!

I didn't know how I would survive without chocolate, but I did.

When I had my first cold, I didn't know how I would survive without lemsips, but I did :D

Just you wait, when the cold is finished, and you've stayed strong, you will get SUCH a kick out of the fact you achieved something you didn't know you would be able to. :party0011:

And you're not allowed to stop whinging, that's what this forum is for. You can guarantee others have either been through it, are going through it or will go through it. :grouphugg:

Hi hun no advice apart from to rest and keep yourself hydrated, hope you feel better soon,

Emma xXx

Back