Extra Easy Pootle's food diary

Ok so, breakfast is fresh fruit salad yet again but it's quick, easy , FREE, doesn't use any Hex and it is portable so I can take it to work and eat it there as I never have time first thing. it's also too cold straight out of the fridge for my teeth.

Lunch: a portion of last night's left over Spag Bol. Apparently, according to an article I was reading yesterday, pasta is less fattening when reheated and eaten the next day. Something to do with a chemical process breaking down the starches so they can't release as much sugar. Bonus!
Muller light yoghurt.

Dinner: grilled pork chops with mashed potato, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Stuffing ball and gravy 6 syns. Didn't end up eating most of the mash though as veg was so filling.

Last edited:
Tomorrow:

Breakfast: fresh fruit
Lunch: tinned spaghetti on whole meal toast - hex b, muller light yoghurt
Dinner: cottage pie with baked beans added and mash on top, cabbage and cauliflower.

WILL NOT eat any sweets at work today!

Last edited:
Oh dear, went into town and had a Chinese buffet lunch. On the plus side, I didn't choose anything deep fried, just lots of veg and beef with black bean sauce. Unfortunately they didn't have boiled rice or plain noodles so I ate fried rice and noodles.
Had 2 Alpen lights for breakfast as was at the hairdresser and can't be bothered to cook anything for tea. Feeling fed up. I know have made bad choices today but tomorrow is another day. Sad that I could only last a week before blowing all my hard work.

As you said, 'you didn't choose anything deep fried'.

You are being too hard on yourself...weekends are tough and one day off plan is not going to do too much damage.

Started off today with a huge cooked breakfast; baked beans wholemeal toast, scrambled egg, bacon, 1 syn sausages.
Lunch: Costa Black Forest hot choc. probably loads of syns but I haven't had any today so I'm not too worried and the Chinese yesterday didn't seem to affect me as I have lost another pound since yesterday. Plus, wasn't hungry after my huge cooked breakfast.
Dinner: homemade yuk sung (pork mince and veg in lettuce leaves)

Last edited:
Busy day today, taking 63 children and teachers to Genting arena in Birmingham to take part in Young Voices 2016 concert. Won't be home until midnight so all food needs to be portable.
Breakfast: bacon, eggs, tinned spaghetti.
Snacks: fresh fruit salad, baby bel lights hex a, Quorn cocktail sausages, 2 caramel snack a jacks.
Lunch: tuna and sweet corn sandwich hex b, light mayo syns (?)
Dinner: cous cous with roasted red pepper and SW falalfels.
Lots of sugar free squash, singing is thirsty work!

Breakfast: yoghurt and fruit salad
Lunch: an uninteresting tinned spaghetti on toast but I was late back last night from Young Voices concert in Birmingham so no time to prepare.
Dinner: paprika pork with rice.

Breakfast: banana
Lunch: spaghetti with hex a cheese grated in.
Large glass of sf squash.
Bowl fruit salad
Dinner: Potato, carrot and parsnip chips done in Actifry SW friendly, steak, fry light fried egg and salad.

Last edited:
Breakfast: fruit salad
Lunch: spaghetti with hex a cheese
Dinner: slow cooker 'roast' chicken with roasted veg, gravy and stuffing. (6 syns)I never realised how much fat there was on a whole chicken until I began trimming off all the skin and fat before I put it in the slow cooker.
hex b: 2 Jaffa Alpen lights
Hex a: baby bel lights
4 tiny clementines
Bowl of plain cous cous with a teaspoon of butter 4 syns.

Last edited:
Trimming off the fat, I couldn't ever bring myself to ruin a chicken in that way, the skins the best bit
Your lucky being able to get away with just fruit for breakfast, I need something more filling. But I did just buy the kids snack pack fruit stuff for munching on in the evenings.

I know the skin is the best bit and normally, I would roast the chicken, basting it in fat and then devouring the crispy skin while carving but, in the interests of trying to lose weight, I have taken to slow cooking a whole chicken and the thought of steamed, floppy, greasy skin isn't very appetising, so I cut it all off. On the plus side, the resulting stock is pure chicken juices with no fat in. Makes great soup.
The fruit for breakfast stems from wanting to keep my hex a and b for emergency snacks for later and also because it is easy to take to work and eat there. I have to leave the house quite early so don't want to get up even earlier to eat breakfast at home.
Before SW, I didn't used to eat breakfast at all.

I feel sick if I don't eat breakfast, in fact I've taken to eating more on SW than I did before, but it works and if I'm always full then I don't crave chocs and crisps

I'm eating way more than I did before SW but it's all low calorie food unlike the chocolate, biscuits, crisps and pasties I used to eat during the week, with takeaways/meals out at the weekend.

Breakfast: fruit salad
Lunch : homemade chicken and veg soup with a sprinkling or orzo pasta in it.
Dinner: spaghetti bolognese. made by my 12 year old son, with supervision of course. He wanted me to teach him how to make it, so I did!
1 caramel snack a jack 2.5 syns.
Chocolate 6 syns
Banana
hex b 2 Alpen lights
Hex a. Grated cheddar for Spag bol

Last edited:
2.5 lbs off this week so having a treat of a full cooked breakfast. Well it's actually 12:00 pm so I guess it's brunch!
Scrambled egg, sausage, bacon, black pudding, baked beans. Syns=10. I have rounded up but better to be safe than sorry!
No lunch today as by the time I got up and had breakfast, it was lunchtime!
Dinner: prawn and veg stir fry with noodles. 1/2 sachet of sauce 2 syns
Snack: muller light yoghurt

Last edited:
I love black pudding, but too many syns for the morning, I'd feel too deprived the rest of the day. Maybe if I had Brinner

Brinner?
I don't really use many syns in a day so I can get away with lots for breakfast if I fancy a treat.

Breakfast: bacon, sausages 4 syns, tinned spaghetti, 3 satsumas.
lunch 4 ryvita dark rye with cottage cheese. Going to have to squeeze some super free in here somehow. Didn't! Oh well...
Dinner: cod fillet, SW chips and stir fried broccoli. Oil and plum sauce 4 syns.
Muller light yoghurt
Orange

Last edited:
Back