Extra Easy Pootle's food diary

Pootle

Silver Member
Day 2
Breakfast: Porridge Hex B made with Hex A milk and a chopped apple on top.
Lunch: king prawn salad
Dinner: slow cooker 'roast' chicken with roasted beetroot, butternut squash and carrots. Gravy (have to find out syns)

Well, slow cooker roast chicken worked! I am surprised as I've only ever cooked stews in it before and thought the chicken would dry out.
I now have another idea for a quick to prepare, after work, SW friendly tea.
The chicken (and onions I sat it on) gave off loads of stock too so I shall make a soup with the left over meat and some veg. Yum!
I bought a fruit today in the supermarket that was new to me, it was called a pomelo. I have to admit, when I picked it up, I thought it was another type of melon as it was in with the melons. When I got it home and cut it open, it was like a giant citrus fruit, with a flavour like grapefruit but without the nasty bitter after taste.
We had it for desert after our chicken and roasted veg meal tonight.
The upside of today's food?
We have all had loads more fruit and veg than we normally would eat in a day.
All meals have been well within plan.
Feeling good about tomorrow now after a really good day.

sounds like a perfect day :)
i may look out for that fruit it sounds nice, i actually like grapefruit but sometimes the bitterness is too much lol

Well, after getting over the initial disappointment of realising I didn't have a melon, I then found out a pomelo is still a speed food and, even though I can't stand grapefruit, these pomelos are actually quite nice.
I had to peel everything off though, even the skin on each segment as it is so tough.

So, after a really good day yesterday, what can I eat today to carry on my good work?
Today is a busy one, although still at home; don't go back to work 'till tomorrow.
I am going to take down the Christmas decorations, clean the house, sort out what clothes I can fit into ready for work and go and buy some creme freche or something similar for tonight's evening meal. I am going to try out a recipe for paprika pork with peppers and rice.

Breakfast this morning: fresh fruit salad made with pear, apple, banana, pomelo and a few grapes. (Half of each fruit as I shared it with my son)
Lunch: will be my homemade chicken and veg soup plus 4 dark rye Ryvita with cottage cheese.
Dinner: paprika pork with rice (hopefully, if I follow the recipe right, it will be tasty)

Now, must get of this site so I can crack on with my 'to do' list!

Last edited:
Decs down, house cleaned, creme freche and quark bought. Clothes not sorted but my bedroom needs tidying and that is a whole other day!
I've just eaten two pieces of my son's Turkish delight ( he always leaves the lemon bits, such a waste!) and, according to info, that was only 6 syns as they weighed 40g
Am having to delay my paprika pork until later as husband is going to be late home.

This is the paprika pork. it was delicious and I will definitely be making it again. husband and son loved it too.
Here's the recipe should you wish to try it:

Pork escalopes
1 tsp paprika
1tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp low fat creme freche
1 Thinly sliced red pepper
1 Thinly sliced onion
Lots of button mushrooms sliced
Dash of Worcester sauce
Salt, black pepper and mixed herbs
Mug of chicken stock

Fry light a frying pan and lightly brown the pork steaks few a few minutes then remove to a plate.
Add onions, peppers and mushrooms to frying pan and cook until onions go translucent.
Add the tomato purée, paprika, salt, black pepper and herbs. (Tomato sauce if you want it a little sweeter)
Pour in the stock and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Put the pork back in and cover over with the sauce simmer for a few more minutes.
Add the creme freche and let it heat through.

Syns for entire dish= 4 but it serves 4 people so 1 syn per person.
You could make it entirely free if you used Quark and no tomato sauce.
(I realise that tomato purée should be counted but it was only a tiny amount for the whole dish so I didn't worry.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
This is the paprika pork. it was delicious and I will definitely be making it again. husband and son loved it too.
Here's the recipe should you wish to try it:

Pork escalopes
1 tsp paprika
1tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp low fat creme freche
1 Thinly sliced red pepper
1 Thinly sliced onion
Lots of button mushrooms sliced
Dash of Worcester sauce
Salt, black pepper and mixed herbs
Mug of chicken stock

Fry light a frying pan and lightly brown the pork steaks few a few minutes then remove to a plate.
Add onions, peppers and mushrooms to frying pan and cook until onions go translucent.
Add the tomato purée, paprika, salt, black pepper and herbs. (Tomato sauce if you want it a little sweeter)
Pour in the stock and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Put the pork back in and cover over with the sauce simmer for a few more minutes.
Add the creme freche and let it heat through.

Syns for entire dish= 4 but it serves 4 people so 1 syn per person.
You could make it entirely free if you used Quark and no tomato sauce.
(I realise that tomato purée should be counted but it was only a tiny amount for the whole dish so I didn't worry.)
thx hun will be tryin that out!!! looks delish x

Back at work today, food prepared last night so all set for a good day.

Breakfast: fresh fruit salad with muller light (saving some fruit for later)

Mid morning snack: rest of the fruit salad

Lunch: last portion of my homemade chicken and veg soup with wholemeal bread (Hex B) and 1 tsp butter 4 syns

Dinner: SW chips, steak and fry light fried egg with salad leaves and tomatoes.

No hex A .....hmmmm.... Ended up using up a little bit of blue cheese to put on top of my steak.

Last edited:
Was naughty yesterday, had a bit of chocolate at work, still within syns though so not too much of a problem.
On to today.
Breakfast: fresh fruit salad and youghurt (saving half for mid morning snack)
Lunch: tinned spaghetti on whole meal toast (hex B)
Dinner: not sure yet, maybe spaghetti carbonara or a prawn salad or maybe a bit of both? We'll see how I feel later!

Last edited:
So, spaghetti carbonara or prawn salad became spaghetti bolognaise. Mmmm, my favourite. I left work in plenty of time so had long enough to make this packed full of carrots, mushrooms, red peppers and onions.
Hex A will be grated Parmesan on top.
Also had three satsumas as a snack today.

good food choices again :)
snap. i didnt have hexa yest so ended up sprinkling cheese ontop of chilli - good idea
mmmmmm love a good spaghetti bolognaise as well but i have to have garlic bread with that "/

Thanks, I am trying so hard to make really healthy, extra veg packed meals.
I LOVE grated cheese on too of SPAG Bol. Trouble is, I LOVE LOADS of cheese on top and it was really hard to only have my Hex A amount. Never mind, I'd rather be slim!

Back