Poppet's Next Attempt!

I used to show groom for a couple of people, which morphed itself into field and stable duties! I know how thankless it can be!
I find the frozen jackets great for time-saving, although I did a huge spud in the microwave the other day, and it only took about 7 minutes. I'm eating a lot of squash at the moment, and that makes a great mash, as a base for all sorts of things. An average squash gives us between three and four portions, so fairly economical.

I've found a new way to use my A3 pad! I'm now working on a mindmap per chapter/section (depending on length) - that way I have all my ideas down, and can write from that. I fear this is another way of not actually getting words typed out, but it does feel like progress. I forgot how busy campus is on a Tuesday: post-grad room was really busy with people doing group work and I hate working in the library; it's too hot! So I'm downstairs in an IT room, but unfortunately people don't seem to understand the concept of working quietly. Headphones on and listening to classical music to keep me going.

Thank you Kay :) it was much more than I was expecting!
The frozen potato was surprisingly nice- I actually only ate half as I had a phone call to say my friend is finally out of hospital, so I went to visit! She has been in a long time and it was wonderful to see her at home.
Mind map per chapter is a fab idea- so useful for if you think of things mid-way through one bit that you want to include elsewhere. I know what you mean about feeling like it's not proper progress but this way, you can develop your ideas before writing up in a way that will strengthen your drafts. That's my theory ;)
I haven't had a productive week so far Uni-wise but this might set me going, thank you for the tip. Pity about the noise- in our library there's a number you can text if people are being noisy in a supposed quiet zone, not sure if you've got a similar thing? If not headphones are the way forward!

Today! Turned out Green again as OH requested pie for tea. Significantly lacking in both fruit and veg but I will rectify tomorrow as have been shopping now!
B: Shreddies & milk
L: Half a jacket potato and beans. Will count (1) for spread & jacket.
T: Syn free BBQ pasta with Quorn chicken. Don't know why I didn't think to put some red onion and mushrooms in! Was rushing I suppose.
Chocolate topped rice cakes (3) Coffee with 1 sugar (1)
Total: 5
Making up for yesterday with a lower syn day!

Sometimes it's good to clarify your ideas before putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard!)
Sounds very exciting with the interviews- I feel like that is such a long way off too but hopefully I won't be too far behind you. Need to get some work done over these next few days as this week has been somewhat unproductive :(
No idea what is on the food agenda today but I have lots in so should be on plan. Feel more comfortable using syns today as I compensate for Monday yesterday!

I totally agree- my supervisors can see straight through it if I force writing. I end up having to tweak it so much, it feels like it was pointless writing it in the first place!
I do feel out of the zone this week which is annoying as I did so well last week. I feel a bit distracted and like I'm glazing over when reading. Might leave it a while and try again this aft! X

Hope you got there in the end! I managed to make some decent headway but don't think I broke the 30k word barrier. Maybe tomorrow!
I think the right person won Bake Off!
Today, briefly as I'm shattered!:
B: cereal & milk
L: granola etc (5) rice cakes (3)
T: Quorn spag bol
Also gave in to a Bake Off treat. Fittingly, it was Maltesers pavlova and I even checked the cals, (10 syns!)
Total: 18

I know some people are outraged but to be fair, she has been consistent and gone above & beyond most weeks, so I think it was well deserved!
Hope I haven't spoiled it for anyone!
Ah that's always a good one, the best bit about writing up the methods and procedures is it's totally normal to go into minute detail about every bit :D
We're meeting up with OH's brother today and going for lunch followed by a walk. Lunch is fish and chips- not ideal, but I don't want to be awkward. I need to look up values and figure out what I can do to limit damage! Will be lovely to see them though, I'm sure my nephew has grown loads!

I thought that was the case T_T! I have done it successfully once (had just a fish, removed batter & had mushy peas) and felt so pleased with myself!
It's a fish and chip restaurant (Wetherby Whalers- regional? Not sure) so I will check the other options but stick with that if there's nothing else.
The walk is a nice one and will get me moving which will be good. I feel like I've been sat down most of this week (except Mon which was hard!).
My syns this week have balanced out so far, so if I have a high day today I will go low tomorrow. I'm loving weekly syns!

That's brill- I am still holding out for a tiny loss if I can pull it back this weekend. OH has just told me we've been invited to his parents for tea so today might be tricky too. But part of SW is fitting it in around life, so I will do my best.
We lost a poorly cockerel yesterday and my horse has gone downhill. I think the vet is coming out on Monday and it's not looking good. So I am feeling pretty miserable to be honest.
We did have a nice afternoon yesterday, it's lovely to see our nephew growing and he always makes me smile :)

Oh gosh - that's horrid news. Sending you big hugs and positive vibes. Vets are incredibly amazing, so I hope it is a positive outcome on Monday. One of my friends just had to retire her shared horse, because she wasn't responding well to DDFT treatments. This was after months of nerve blocking and different things. She's gone off to a lovely companion home now, but it doesn't make it any easier!

Thanks T_T. Unfortunately we are the retirement home; took two old boys on about 6 years ago now. One passed away very suddenly about 4 years ago now, and our current horse has been declining steadily for some time. He has been on bute for around 18 months and is now on the maximum dose but it doesn't seem to be having any effect any more, his movements are so stiff and he's laying down a lot more. This week especially seems to have been bad.
We've tried acupuncture for him before and although it provided some temporary respite, I think it's just coming to old age now. If the information we have from the rescue is anything to go by he's approaching 35, so not a bad innings. Such a difficult decision though.
Urgh what a shite day. Scuse the french.

Back