Poppy's diary

poppy2133

So today is my first post of a diary I am determined to keep going. I don't expect anyone to read this or for my story to be any different from anyone else's, I just feel sharing it will hopefully give me the motivation to continue on this difficult journey I am now on.

I have done well since joining SW 6 weeks ago, 8lb loss so far. I have just returned from holiday where I made no attempt what so ever to take the healthy options when it came to meal times so come Thursday night at weigh in - what will be wil be. But at least I am going back. It has been easy in the past to think that I should just go back in a week or so and then never do. Not this time ! I'll face the music.

Today I feel motivated and have done well. Im currently reading the Beck Diet Solution book which is really giving me the positive thoughts the carry on. Not sure if anyone elase has read it - not the usual diet book, its based on using CBT to deal with those sabotaging thoughts and ideas that prevent us from carrying on dieting. Im really enjoying it so far and can feel a difference already to my thought processes. Can't wait to read a bit more.

Poppy

Good luck and well done. 8lb in 6 weeks is brilliant. Fab to go straight back to group after your holiday as well.

The book sounds interesting. Defiantly positive thinking makes all the difference.

So I spent last night writing my advantages response cards as per the Beck diet solution book. It only took a few minutes as I didn't have to think very hard at all about what the advantages to losing weight are - I live and breathe these thoughts every day so they came quick and easy. I have set an alarm to remind me to look at the card every 4 hours. The book asks that the advantages are given a priority order - my obvious priorities are to my husband and 8 year old son, I don't want to be a burden to them and I want to see my son grow up. If that doesn't motivate me - nothing will.

weigh in last night and had gained 1.5 lb. It was to be expected having been on holiday for the past 10 days but am back on track and feeling positive. I'm finding reading the advantages response cards really useful and helps me keep focussed when Im tempted to eat something I shouldn't.

Just taking 1 hour at a time.

Back