Porgeous to Gorgeous Diet Diary

2525252520Hi25252520YallOGY.gif

morning hun
doing well
only seems yesterday you started cd and now on week 5
well done
keep up the good work
kaz xx

Please forgive me I have been shockingly bad at updating my diary of late.

I have faced three major challenges since last we met….

CHALLENGE NUMBER ONE – CITY BREAK TO BARCELONA

FIRST, city break in Barcelona, YIKES AND CRIPES. As this was for my OH 40th Birthday I had agreed that I would CD during the day and treat myself to a light fish supper to keep him company in the evening. However, as you can well imagine I was filled with trepidation and foreboding that somehow my hands and mouth would be taken over by the devil and food would miraculously catapult itself into my mouth in an uncontrollable manner.

Meal One – I opted for a light green salad to start followed by Monkfish, grilled. Excellent, didn’t find it too much of a challenge to make sensible selections from the menu and sat there feeling extremely pleased with myself. Well…… the salad arrived, it wasn’t a salad it was a small allotment!!! Now I don’t like salad at the best of times and could have silently wept into the four types of lettuce, carrots, pickled cauliflower, asparagus, tomatoes, cucumber, onions… the list goes on. Rather than this I decided to take the more adult route and rearrange the salad to make it look like I had made a reasonable stab at it and also offloaded some of the bigger things onto hubbies plate. Main course was actually smaller than the starter and yummy just plain grilled monkfish on its own. Phew day one over!!

Meal Two – This was the big birthday so we went to a really swanky fish restaurant. This time I went for smoked salmon and sole stuffed with shrimps. Starter was perfect. Main course arrives and comes in an earthenware dish in a sort of fishy veggie juice and loads of boiled potatoes. Who’d have thought of all the yummy things in the world I would have to square up and do battle with a boiled potato as the hardest thing I have had to resist eating, it was hell but not a gram of potato passed my lips. Now as I have said this was a very posh place and the waiters were so attentive, my husband ordered a desert and they brought a second spoon for me, then proceeded to put it into my hand saying try some its beautiful, no thank you I said politely, then they brought complimentary desert wine for us both, discreetly my OH kept swapping glasses until he had drunk both, over the waiters come with the bottle, no thank you I said politely, then they bring complimentary cakes, I am now at the point of wanting to shout at the top of my voice S*D off and leave me alone I can’t have any of this!!!! Phew day two over!!

Meal Three – We decide to eat in at the hotel as we are exhausted and actually the meal was delicious, portion sizes perfect and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not totally without its complications as the hotel found out about hubbies birthday and firstly sent a bottle of complimentary champagne to our room and then brought two flutes to accompany our dinner, again glass chess followed and hubby drank the lot!

CHALLENGE NUMBER TWO – BEING POORLY

Hubby came home with the sniffles. Well I was inconsolable and not for his health and wellbeing you understand ….”you can’t possibly be ill, I’ll catch it and I can’t be ill on CD it will be sooooo awful and I may die”, okay may have been overdoing it slightly! But you have to understand that my husband is the type who gets a slight sniffle and that’s it, I then proceed to be virtually incapacitated. Needless to say this is exactly what occurred. Cold went straight to my chest and I have been wheezing and choking ever since, gave in and bought some diabetic cough medicine as I thought I would shuffle off my mortal coil without it. I have to admit this is the closest I have come to eating and have had some pretty low days – but hey I have made it through and there is a glimmer of light at the end of the sick girl tunnel!

CHALLENGE NUMBER THREE – HOLIDAY – ONGOING

So, I am off to Gozo tomorrow and the challenge of doing SS/AAMW whilst abroad awaits me but I am quietly determined. However, to get to this point I felt it absolutely imperative that I enter into discussion with the Maltese Government. Can you believe I am so obsessed with my CD journey that I actually emailed the government to find out if I could take my Tetras with me. So mortifying was the thought that I would arrive to find that they confiscate all my lovely shakes I had to get the official seal of approval. Sent off my email not expecting much but bless them got a reply same day advising me that customs would have no problem but that Health & Vetinary might so they were forwarding it to their esteemed colleagues. Few days pass by and they bingo, health and vetinary confirm that they too have no problem so full steam head. Wish me luck whilst I am away!!!!

So now I am super woman and there is no stopping me, bring on the challenges… EEK!

I also posted some pics on the forum which I have included here too as a record. I was totally overwhelmed by everyone’s responses it gave me such a boost and made me feel soooo positive so big THANKS AND HUGS to all.

I’m off to nurse my cough and promise to update more frequently.

Love
Georgie
Xx

porgeous.jpg

Hi Georgie

I love reading your posts:):) I was laughing at the weekend away escapade. Well done to you for sticking to your guns, your a true CD star:D:D

I hope you have a great holiday:character00180:, I've never heard of anyone asking for governmental affirmation for Cd use, that's brilliant:giggle: Could you imagine having all your tetras confiscated:eek::eek: Dosen't bear thinking about.

Hope your cold clears up soon, have a great time away, can't wait to read all about it.

Tracey
xx

Thanks Delli, I needed the reminder, please give me a kick up the bum on regular basis x

Georgie
x

hiya porg!
just wanted to pop in to say that your new bafore/during pics are amazing!!! i know i've been saying it for a couple months now but i think that with the recent craze of loads of dieters posting pics, i'm totally gonna do it. now if i can just get the hubby away from his video games after work to take the pics. hmmmm thats another bit of effort, in itself!

well done to yoU!!! you look great!!
keep it up!

Thanks so much Dis and you should definately do it, it is sooo rewarding and reminds you how far you have come!

Gx

Hi Georgie, well done on how you fabulous you did whilst away and all that forward thinking. Your pics are wonderful. I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. keep posting

Dawn xx

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks gang. Will do another entry soon but week in Gozo went well and I managed to stick to Tetras and AAMW - cottage cheese and cucumber each day. Wasn't easy as I was cooking bacon sarnies for hubby every day and the smell was fab but stuck to my guns, another hurdle cleared - eyes on the finishing post now!!

Love to all
Gx

well done hun
bacon sarnies are a killer
i have to cook em every saturday

and you are still looking stunning well done

54270g44rkmo6wk.gif

kaz:D

i have to agree with kaz on the bacon....
there are times when my hubby will say he's not hungry. all i have to do is cook a bit of bacon, and suddenly he's ravenous.
its hard to stay away, dont i know it. olol

well done for keeping clear!

also, as a chef, i have learned that the secret to making almost anything savoury taste gorgeous is to add a little bit of bacon/pork product...and voila! instant yum. lol

Back