Porgeous to Gorgeous Diet Diary

Thanks Daisy! You will be at the end of week 1 before you know it and you can experience the joy of the first weigh in - let me know how you get on and good luck.

Georgie
x

Hi porgious, really enjoying your entries, i'm on day four of CD and am amazed that i have no hunger at all. I had ried it before going on holiday a couple of weeks ago but fell off the wagon on day three and had been starving all the time. Don't know why this time is different, just glad it is. Hope i loose as much as you in my first weigh in on Wednesday. Not sure if i'm in ketosis as i don't have the metal taste in my mouth but have been strictly ss.

Hi Deb

Well done on getting to Day 3 successfully. Ketosis usually kicks in around Day 3 or 4. Don't worry too much about it your body will do it in it's own time. As for the metallic taste in your mouth I only get it very mildly if I haven't drunk enough water. Stick with it and I am sure you will have an excellent first weigh in.

Good luck
Georgie
x

This diary is great to read, very amusing! Please keep adding to it so we can share your highs and lows (but hopefully won't be many lows!):)

Hi Porgeous,

Your first entries in you diary are fabulous, I'm sure you will be an inspiration to myself and others. I'd love to do a diary but I'd bore people to tears, lol I'm in week 2 of CD after 7 weeks of LL so really done 9 weeks of total abstinance or sole soursing. I've lost just over 2 stone and people are starting to notice now. Keep it up

Dawn xx

Thanks Lyn and Dawn, really appreciate your kind words and encouragement. Next installment will be the horror that is TOTM!!

Georgie
x

Well the insufferably jolly Mrs E hit a bit of a low this week and the demon that was responsible for this…… TOTM!!! Why is it that something that happens every month like clockwork for most of our lives has such a profound effect on us. Now I am not the type that grows to heads and spits poison rather I tend to go down the pathetic heap route. I have become an absolute master at whining and grizzling whilst constantly asking my hubby if he loves me despite me being an ugly fat blob… sound familiar to anyone??? Is it just me??!! Anyhow determined not to let it get me down I kept up with food packs and kept glugging the water even though I was convinced that all the water was going in and nothing was coming out! I am now so full of water that when the plug is eventually pulled it will be messy and I may end up like one of those balloons that go whizzing round the room when you let them go.

Anyhoo the second WI loomed so I took myself down to my CDC, by this point I was convinced I could actually hear all the water sloshing around and that my limbs were literally a dead weight. Whilst she was chatting away at me I was focusing, bit like athletes do, repeating over and over in my mind “light as a feather, light as a feather, light as a feather”. Stepped onto the scales, holding my breath – not entirely sure why I thought holding my breath would help maybe air in your lungs somehow makes you float? The verdict -2lbs, now I’d be lying if I said anything other that gutted (is it entirely unreasonable to expect to lose at least a stone a week?!) but after giving myself a damn good talking to and some positive words from my Minimins pals I have decided not to give into the grizzling TOTM monster.

So we head into week 3 with me beginning to feel a little more like a normal human being, four more weeks of normality and the monster will be back but this time I’ll be ready (with the assistance of fags and caffeine).

Apologies to anyone reading this for not being my usual self but I hope to be back on form soon.

Georgie, I gotta say hun, you really make me laugh :D

Whilst reading your posts I was nodding in agreement, laughing, cringing at the toe stubbing (I hope it's feeling less painful now hun) and also sending you a hug and a pat on the back for staying positive:character00238:

I'll deffo be popping in to read more of your posts, keep em coming.

catch you on the daily hun xx sj xx

Thanks SJ, I always try to look on the bright side and if it brings some amusement to others all the better.

Speak soon, take care

Georgie x

PS Toe all mended now but did milk it with hubby for as long as poss!

Don't usually update diary this often but have been pondering a few things that I wanted to note for myself.

Week three has arrived and I am expecting great things! This has started well as something really strange happened today….. Now I wouldn't say that I have been physically hungry over the past two weeks although I have had the old emotional cravings, you know the ones when you feel you could quite joyfully wrap your husbands pizza round his face. BUT the first day of week three, nothing! Nowt! Nada! Got to the end of the evening and realised not at any point had I overly thought about food or craved it. You can probably tell that I am in a state of complete astonishment as I don't actually think this has ever happened before EVER, not even when I have had a stomach upset! I feel quite liberated and ever so slightly odd (but then again odd isn't an entirely new sensation to me as you might have guessed). I will ponder some more on this over the next few days as I don't quite know what to make of this strange new world minus food…. I think maybe I need a new slogan "Starving and Loving It".

It has obviously been a time for pondering as I was also analysing my recently aquired addiction to scales. I was even thinking of setting up a support group as surely there must be plenty of us. Hello my names Georgie and I can't stop weighing myself - that kind of thing. Now not only do I have to weigh myself daily as an absolute minimum but I also approach this as a science. After removing all additional weight (even had my hair cut this weekend!) I then step very very slowly onto the scales whilst holding onto the towel rail. Once I have positioned myself gently on the scales I very slowly let go of the towel rail - I think the logic is that if I do it all very gently I will undoubtedly weigh less than if I just stepped on like a well balanced normal person! I have even found myself starting to adopt the same technic at my weekly WI (although obviously I don't take my clothes off…. Do you think she'd mind?). I resolved that I would no longer weigh myself at home and just wait until my official weigh-ins, however, within minutes my addiction was so strong I could feel myself getting really agitated at the though and started putting together my argument for continuing to weigh myself daily which I subsequently bored my hubby with. He listened dutifully and very eloquently said "do what feel's best darlin" - how come men can say in 5 words what it takes me an entire day to rationalise. And there you have it, it doesn't hurt anyone and if it generally makes me feel better than I guess it's alright, however, I really must work on just standing on the blasted things, before I know where I am I will be lowering myself a quarter inch at a time from some sort of winch contraption.

Hi Georgia,
you will never cease to amuse me with your words. You could write a book about the trial, tribulations etc... of the Cambridge Diet and ones inner self. I'd buy it because you have a comical way with words thats addictive. keep it up

Dawn xx

georgie. You have such a way with words. I was Pmsl when I read that.
I banished my scales to the top of the wardrobe after a disappointing 2nd weigh in ( I lost 2lb but my own scales told me I had lost 6 or 7lb) I honestly dont weigh myself now between official WI's as I know that if the scales dont show a loss each day I would go off the rails.

Oh! You're a tonic!

Georgie...love your diary thread...makes me smile every time i read it.
Keep it up, looking forward to next instalment.

Thanks sooo much gang you have made me feel warm and fuzzy and I couldn't have done it without you!

Georgie
x

I'd love to see a newspaper or magazine column written by you and I bet lots of people would read it.:D I too have banished the scales, they were staring to do my head in lol. I will have a bit of peace now I think.

Hi Georgie, still loving the diary, really makes me chuckle!

Well done on your loss this week and on staying positive and in good humour despite TOTM - the CD Fairy will reward you and you'll get a massive loss next week now!

Keep up the good work! xx

So the big question of the week….. why is it that even though people know you are doing CD and not one single morsel of food has passed your lips for nearly three weeks that they feel compelled to talk to you about food. This strange phenomenon started on Thursday when someone had a conversation with me about all the different flavours of ice cream they sell at the shop next door, swiftly followed by another colleague coming into my office with a tray full (I kid you not!) of chocolate chip cookies, the final nail in the coffin was yet another colleague who is following Rosemary Conley telling me how she had bought herself a lovely healthy pizza and that her treat for the day would be a chocolate wafer. Now I am a very placid, mild mannered and believe it or not well balanced individual most of the time…. BUT the words “what part of the fact that I haven’t eaten for over three weeks are you not getting????” I don’t want to know about the delicious pistachio ice-cream, the chocolate-chip cookies or even the pizza in fact if its not powdered in a packet or water I DON’T WANT TO KNOW!!!!!! This may sound like I am the victim but unfortunately far from it because I myself have adopted a perverse habit of constantly asking people what they are eating. What on earth am I doing…. The colleague I share an office with has been brilliant, bringing back non-smelly foods from the canteen and what do I do every single time….. “What you got?” you’d think I would be happy to stop there, but oh no I then have to have a quick look at it!!! Am I perhaps subconsciously testing my resolve, do I somehow get some satisfaction from seeing food even if I can’t eat it, is the world round, is the meaning of life 42??

Another strange practice that I have adopted is staring at other women on my way into work. I am constantly analysing sizes and shapes, trying to work out what I think I would be happy with. The downside of this is I find myself transfixed by other ladies bottoms, waists, busts etc… am I alone in this? Has my oddness finally overstepped the mark of sanity??

I also decided this week that I needed to invest in a better tape measure. Can you credit the fact that the only one I had in the house when I started CD was one of those metal ones for measuring round the house. However, undaunted this is what I used and I can tell you it was and is bloody freezing every time I use it! So off hubby went to the shops and brought back a lovely soft warm tape measure which I dutifully used and guess what …… all my measurements were larger, how come? My rather perverse logic thinks that because the metal one is cold your body shrinks against it and hey presto you’re smaller!! As you have probably guessed by now lovely soft warm tape measure has gone into draw and I shall continue with my cold fat shrinking one!

Well I am coming to the end of Week 3 although don’t get weighed again until Tuesday night because of the Bank Holiday so 8 day week and I am feeling positive and hoping for an improved loss this week now I am free from the dreaded TOTM. Strange obsessions seem to be coming from all angles, right now at this very moment I am considering how many different weight loss contraptions it would be reasonable for one person to own…. I mean, there are ab lounges, gliders, leg magic, lateral steppers etc etc etc all of these things could be in my house within 5-7 working days and be excellent clothes horses and dust magnets – time to change the channel me thinks.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement – stay strong, we can do this together!!

Reactions: Dis
Hi Georgie,

You're not alone - I too am obsessed by what others are eating, and even get some peculiar 'high' from other people's food smells! Last night I was really enjoying sniffing up the aroma of hubby's curry, mmm! Strangely enough it doesn't make me want to eat, but it does make me feel a little sad that I can't, when everything smells so wonderful. Silly isn't it? But I try not to dwell on that - it will all still be there when I'm done, and in the meantime losing my weight is more important.

I've found today (day 9) quite difficult for some reason, but am staying strong and keeping myself entertained by buying lots of lovely and impossibly high heeled shoes on Ebay - I don't wish to lead anyone astray, but it's great therapy!!!

Hiya Porgeous...just reading thru your recent post and i have to say one thing: Thank Goodness I Am Not Alone! good lordy, i swear, i think my in laws are the worse ones about it. kinda pisses me off, they know full well that i've managed to shift 3st up to now and they still go on and on about this that and the other. i , of course, usually just say oh dont be silly, dont apologize, its ok. but in my head, i'm saying: of course its not ok! why are you doing this?? does it bring you pleasure, trying to tempt me to failure?

i just have to ignore them all. WE just have to ignore them. its our only option at this point.

oh, and daisy!! when i first started CD (10 weeks ago) i found that any food or meals that i prepared for hubby or the baby, i had my nose just near touching the food, sniffing up allll the aroma. it seemed to make me feel better. it smelled soooo good (probably cos i wasnt getting any!!) anyways, remember: smell is like 40% of taste! so it makes sense that it satisfies us to smell everything.

ha!ha! i even remember sitting next to the hubby as he brought home a burger or something from KFC :)mad:) and i didnt want to eat any of it, i just kept asking him: cant i smell that? can i get a whiff? and again? ok, i'm satisfied.

weird.

Back