• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Porridge with yoghurt

jaylou

Gold Member
Morning all,
I've just made my usual boring porridge with water and sweetener and instead of using some of my milk choice I thought i'd be a bit brave and stirred a FF vanilla activia yoghurt in it.

It was gorgeous!!!! :D

I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I was so impressed - saved some of my milk too!!

Has anyone else tried livening up their porridge?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Rachelina

S: 13st13lb C: 12st2lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 1st11lb(12.82%)
Thanks for the tip, I may try this as I just adore those activia vanilla yogurts, does it not give the porridge a bit of a tangy taste though?

StaceyUK

Gold Member
S: 18st1.6lb G: 10st10lb
I like to make my porridge up and then stir in a whisked egg. The porridge is hot enough that it 'cooks' the egg and it makes it lovely and creamy plus the protein from the egg makes you fuller for longer! I then usually add some blueberries or blackberries to it too.

jaylou

Gold Member
I like to make my porridge up and then stir in a whisked egg. The porridge is hot enough that it 'cooks' the egg and it makes it lovely and creamy plus the protein from the egg makes you fuller for longer! I then usually add some blueberries or blackberries to it too.
This has got to be worth a try too!!! :)

I top my porridge everyday with yoghurt and a bit of fruit but dont stir it through, i tend to make my porridge really thick.. infact you could probably plaster a wall with it but I love it this way , I find it keeps me fuller for longer

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
C: 16st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 42.8
Porridge with yogurt is lovely, i have never tried the eggs one so that's my breakfast tomorrow i think.

StaceyUK

Gold Member
S: 18st1.6lb G: 10st10lb
The egg makes it almost custardly and creamy. I love it and that's the only way I have it now!

I quite often have 28g of uncooked porridge oats and stir a couple of muller lights into it. The yoghurt swells the oats up and is a really filling breakfast - and no saucepans to wash up afterwards :p