Porridge with yoghurt

jaylou

Gold Member
Morning all,
I've just made my usual boring porridge with water and sweetener and instead of using some of my milk choice I thought i'd be a bit brave and stirred a FF vanilla activia yoghurt in it.

It was gorgeous!!!! :D

I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I was so impressed - saved some of my milk too!!

Has anyone else tried livening up their porridge?

Thanks for the tip, I may try this as I just adore those activia vanilla yogurts, does it not give the porridge a bit of a tangy taste though?

I like to make my porridge up and then stir in a whisked egg. The porridge is hot enough that it 'cooks' the egg and it makes it lovely and creamy plus the protein from the egg makes you fuller for longer! I then usually add some blueberries or blackberries to it too.

I just tasted sweet and of vanilla yoghurt! Give it a go, i'm going to try a cherry one tomorrow - adventurous or what!!!

I like to make my porridge up and then stir in a whisked egg. The porridge is hot enough that it 'cooks' the egg and it makes it lovely and creamy plus the protein from the egg makes you fuller for longer! I then usually add some blueberries or blackberries to it too.

This has got to be worth a try too!!! :)

I agree adding yoghurt to porridge is delicious. You can add chopped banana into the pan for while still cooking and it warms and softens it, yum.

I top my porridge everyday with yoghurt and a bit of fruit but dont stir it through, i tend to make my porridge really thick.. infact you could probably plaster a wall with it but I love it this way , I find it keeps me fuller for longer

Porridge with yogurt is lovely, i have never tried the eggs one so that's my breakfast tomorrow i think.

I quite often have 28g of uncooked porridge oats and stir a couple of muller lights into it. The yoghurt swells the oats up and is a really filling breakfast - and no saucepans to wash up afterwards :p

I have a recipe somewhere of cakes you make out of cooked porridge. Might have a fiddle with it and see if i can make it SW-friendly.

Back