Porridge

Pearl77

I cannot seem to get this right, it's disgusting! Sticks to the bottom of the bowl like lumpy paste, any tips anyone got WI tomorrow Seriuosly not gonna buy this again.......feeling deprived

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

Hun. You have to do it right. First mix the powder in a little cold water. I usually use a fork which blends it really well. Mix it to a more or less pancake texture slowly adding water and then pop it in the microwave for about 2.5-3 minutes stopping and giving it a mix every 30-40 seconds. After that you need to let it cool off for a while giving it a mix every now and then so you don't get the 'skin' on top. I usually add one sweetener and a little cinnamon to the mixture too.
It's seriously yum!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well, I don't know if your diet has a particular porridge or not... I normally eat readybreak chocolate and just add milk, stir and put in the microwave for 70 seconds... and it's done, perfect, creamy, chocolatey... if it's not a special porrisge for your diet, try readybreak!

kagome75 said:
well, I don't know if your diet has a particular porridge or not... I normally eat readybreak chocolate and just add milk, stir and put in the microwave for 70 seconds... and it's done, perfect, creamy, chocolatey... if it's not a special porrisge for your diet, try readybreak!

You're on a lighter life forum Hun. The 'porridge' we have is not a 'normal' porridge. It's a special foodpack and we're not allowed milk.
I looooove ready brek though ;) x

magiclove said:
Hun. You have to do it right. First mix the powder in a little cold water. I usually use a fork which blends it really well. Mix it to a more or less pancake texture slowly adding water and then pop it in the microwave for about 2.5-3 minutes stopping and giving it a mix every 30-40 seconds. After that you need to let it cool off for a while giving it a mix every now and then so you don't get the 'skin' on top. I usually add one sweetener and a little cinnamon to the mixture too.
It's seriously yum!!

Oh thanks! I'll buy some more and give it another try, honestly it was vile, I bought 3 last week so l left the last two for today they were so bad!! I was gagging got to admit! Thanks babe! X

kagome75 said:

Sounds like heaven.....but I think it'll take sometime before I'll allow myself that!

I've been living off loads of porridge pearl! But it took me' a while too. I get a cup of boiling water and put it along with sachet into my blender and it comes out as a Horlicks type drink instead. I love it xxx

I mix 140mls of cold water and the pack with a hand blender and then mic it for 1min 20secs, stir and leave to cool and thicken!

You're on a lighter life forum Hun. The 'porridge' we have is not a 'normal' porridge. It's a special foodpack and we're not allowed milk.
I looooove ready brek though ;) x

I thought it might be but because she was just talking about porridge and I don't know Lighter Life, I thought I would be safe putting down a quick thought :) just in case it was real porridge she was talking about ;)

Back