Porridge

I make the porridge with a random amount of water maybe 170 -200ml microwave it for 2 mins, then stir it a bit then if its too thick I add more water or if not thick enough I stick it back in the microwave for another minute. I used to add tablet sweetners but I find its nicer without. Not overkeen on the fake tasting oaty bits, I tend to just swallow them.

I've even got my mum on boullion :)

I am still not getting it right - no matter how much water I put in or how long I zap it for - so it is like soup but still tastes ok which is a good thing because I bought 50 packs of it lol

Sorry if this is already written somewhere. Have searched, but can't see it.

Hubby has suggested adding choc shake to porridge. Has anyone tried this?!
Lx

ive started stirring mine 4 or 5 times over the 2mins, which is better and i also mix it right in with the cold water. That seems to do the trick! xxx

Going to give it another go later, based on all the tips. Lots of stirring sounds like it could be the answer - although mine was stirred only twice and it was still a bit claggy (like glue) when I was eating it. Oh, I dunno... I'll get there! ;)

I have a sweet tooth and added a couple of tablet sweeteners and some cinnamon. Zapped it for an extra min and it was yum! So pleased I've found a pack I love! Feels good eating something with bits in it too!

TOTAL SOLUTIONS - PORRIDGE

Hi tried porridge today, followed instructions 200ml cold water and microwave for 2 mins. Very thin/watery.

HOW DO YOU DO YOURS?? different water levels , cook differently?

taste was fine with cinnamon tho - and ice to have something hot.:confused:

I put my powder in dish and make it up to just over 200mls and zap for 2mins. If its a little thick I add a drop of water. Perfect x

Deep bowl, 150ml cold water 2 mins yummmmmm

150mls here, cook 1 minute, stir, another minute, stir, put in bowl and leave it to get a nice wee skin on the top before eating it. It thickens up nicely that way too. I wouldn't put any less in though as it ends up really thick and fake tasting. It's my favourite thing so far by a mile.

Is it ok to have porridge and a bar on the same day?.. I see you're only supposed to have one bar a day, wondered if porridge is included.. thanks
Pam

mumsie53 said:
Is it ok to have porridge and a bar on the same day?.. I see you're only supposed to have one bar a day, wondered if porridge is included.. thanks
Pam

Yep

nursetubs said:

Lol I mean yep you can have porridge and a bar on the same day!

brilliant!!! went and got some of that marigold bouillon today, going to try some later, also saw knorr beef,chicken or veg stock cubes reduced salt.. are they allowed.. per 100mls of made up stock there is 8 cals, o.2g sugar,o.4g fat, o.3g saturates and 0.6g salt.. thats a chicken one..
Pam

I have experimented lots and find the perfect way to make it for me is add 200 ml of boiling water to a jug with 1 sweetener a little nutmeg and a little cinnamon . add the oats and 'mash ' with a fork , microwave for 30 secs then stir and then another 30 secs ...... it tastes like rice pudding to me , amazing :) cannot wait for my box of 50 to come tomorrow :)

Back