Porridge..

Anahita_x

I just posted this onto a random thread somewhere so apologies for that! Still getting to grips with the site!

Hi all,
I tried the porridge for the first time this morning, the texture was ok but the taste was awful (never had it without a tonne of sugar on top!) is there anyway we are allowed to spruce it up abit? sweetener or anything? I read somewhere we arent allowed aspartime or whatever its called which is a main ingredient in sweetener isnt it? I would enjoy it if it tasted better! Any help I would be very grateful xx

I dont like porridge full stop. I know people add sweeteners to it though. Just think your tastes will change over the coming months. I cannot believe how mine have.

i add tablet sweetner and either nutmeg or cinnamon to mine :) it tastes yummmmmmyyyyyy i love it!! but only tablet sweetners are allowed

You can have tablet sweetners but not granulated ones. I know some people do add them. Wich porridge did you have? The 'sweet porridge' or the 'original oatmeal'? I actually think that the oatmeal is sweeter (despite the name!) and I prefer it - but plenty of people prefer the sweet porridge so I guess you'll need to try them for yourself!

Have S&S said that granulated sweetener isn't allowed or is that just from other people who are on different VLCD's.

I've not read it anywhere on S&S site, is it new advice by them? x

I'm nt sure which one It was, I had a packet saying porridge and another saying original oatmeal and I had the porridge one so I guess it was the sweet one? Ah cinnemon/nutmeg! Thanks for that! I think I just read it somewhere about affecting ketosis Xx

I think some sweeteners contain carbs and calories so whatever you use it pays to check the nutritional information. Unless negligible carbs / calories do not use them.

I had my first porridge this morning (original) and I thought it was vile, I couldn't eat it and that was with mixed spice added.

The porridge is definitely something you either love or hate I think :)

I tried a sample of the original porridge and couldn't eat it. Had one of the new ones and wasn't impressed either but tried again with a sweetener and mixed spice - I also used a balloon whisk to mix it before microwaving and whisked again half way through and at the end and it was actually pretty good!! I think tis one you need to play around with to get it the way you like it........ was also thinking about mixing it with a bit of choc shake to get a flavoured porridge - has anyone done this? does it work?

Back