Cruise PP positive/negative of Dukan

CHRISR

Gold Member
Dukan :)
this is my perspective of the dukan plan
Positive

• weight loss
  • knowing your target date
  • not controlled by food (comfort eating)
  • easily adapted to feed a family
  • more confidence
  • clothes fit better
  • can wear different styles of clothes
  • sleep better
  • skin better (all that water)
  • for me hot flushes almost disappeared
  • happier within myself
  • more energy
  • more exercise = healthier
  • finding friends on minimins
  • total change in how/what to eat
Negative

• cant think of any :D
has anyone else any thoughts?

OK, I have a negative one..
I wish we were allowed a glass of wine once a week:D

Seriously, some people are interested in the diet (after seeing me that is;)) but don't find it flexible enough for social situations..

Here goes the positives:

- not counting calories/points/carbs
- no confusions, very defined limits..
- eating much healthier than before..
- not starving and having results..
:)

If it means being 4 stone lighter after just a few months of determination then I'm not interested in stuff I cant have. That was the problem pre-dukan I could have anything only problem was I didnt know when to stop. The difference now is 'I don't want it' rather than 'I can't have it'. Besides the determination I can give wine a miss my downfall is chocolate. I havent had any in 11 weeks OMG!!!

I think the fact that we can't drink is a real bonus - one glass of wine and I can kiss any willpower goodbye! Plus it seems to convert straight to fat and stick to my belly!

Positives:
No longer having a carb 'slump' in the afternoon
Not feeling shaky & light headed in between meals
My hair is seriously shiny... is it the protein??!

Negatives:
Having to floss after every single meal & snack! But it's a small price to pay & I don't think my dentist will complain lol!

Oh, come on guys, wouldn't it be lovely if there was a way? Like 'don't have any dairy the next day or cut back on tolerateds for the next 3 days'

I maybe drink a few glasses once a week normally, not an alcoholic as I sound like:D

My only minor negative is getting bunged up every now and again ?
But when add in extra water, stronger coffee etc things shift again soon enough ;-)

Yes transit issues was major during attack I wondered if I could ever make cruise - almost 11 weeks and I'm going strong who would have thought it certainly not me. There are far more positives than negatives

My negative and I'd be an ejit if I didn't think it was a negative, is not being able to have whatever I want to eat...like if I'm PMS-ing and want some chocolate or annoyed with the OH and want a drink with the girls...
But the positives TOTALLY outweigh those two tiny negatives and the positives are that I feel healthier, look better, feel happier, OH is over the moon, I can wear what I want and I'm not hiding behind this emotional shell of fat! :) Oh and I stuck a chicken in to roast at 8pm and am tucking into it now! What's not to like?! :)

Negative: my house smells of yesterday's roast!

Positive: My IBS seems to have disappeared for good!

Positive: My IBS seems to have disappeared for good!

My gut is behaving as well. It's a wonderful bonus to the weightloss.

Seriously the ONLY negative i have come accross.....

Cost.

The cost of buying fresh non fat dairys, and proteins is just shocking - especially to someone on a budget like me....its sad when eating healthily is expensive and eating rubbish is cheap. No wonder there are so many over weight people!

Any cost saving ideas would be really welcome xx

Cost and no fruit! I really miss fruit!

Seriously the ONLY negative i have come accross.....

Cost.

The cost of buying fresh non fat dairys, and proteins is just shocking - especially to someone on a budget like me....its sad when eating healthily is expensive and eating rubbish is cheap. No wonder there are so many over weight people!

Any cost saving ideas would be really welcome xx

Eggs are a budget life saver.
So is going into supermarkets at the end of the day and snapping up all the "reduced" veg and meat.

Positive - I'm never hungry, negtive for me is transit..still small price to pay, I'm loving my clothes fitting better xx

and don't forget that while yes we spend more in the supermarket most likely, there are no extras in the week! No booze. No takeaways. No snacks.

and don't forget that while yes we spend more in the supermarket most likely, there are no extras in the week! No booze. No takeaways. No snacks.

*No Spanx* ;)

steak x 4 is far too expensive so I get braising steak or stew beef much cheaper. Find a good butcher their meat is far superior to the supermarkets and usually same price if not cheaper. I now make slow cooker yoghurt (recipe board) so another big saving. I go to Lidl or Aldi again much cheaper.
Yes there are some negatives but not many. Think of products on other diets i.e. ready meals, desserts, cereal bars all very expensive for what they are and after eating them your still starving :(

Back