POSITIVES THREAD - Please join in everyone welcome :)

Yesterdays positives

1) realised I don't want to be out of puff all the time as I want to be able to run around with Lili as she grows up and not be an unhealthy Nanny
2) Managed without hubby for a night, didn't sleep well but coped
3) time to take back control

Todays positives

1) Weighed and numbers creeping up which I knew but smiled as won't see that number again its going to go down
2) went to costa and only wanted a coffee didn't fancy a cake, or toastie even though hubby and charlie had one
3) lazy tea but chose sw chips, egg and beans for me :O
4) got lovely Lili cuddles, giggles and smiles today, a reminder of why I want to do this

1. Been swimming this morning, did 20 lengths, but timed myself so worked harder than usual.
2. Took a picture of myself and realised how good my skin is looking. Think it's a mixture of eating better and the new face-wash I've got!!
3. Had a bad weekend diet-wise but got straight back on plan this morning!

1) It rained this morning but my feet didn't get wet (I hate wet feet)
2) I got back into good water drinking habits over the weekend. Last week was great food wise, but the change of routine led to virtually no water. But this is now resolved
3) I had calories for an apple and a coconut biscuit/slice thing in today's food i.e. fruit snack and a 'treat'

Last edited:
Positives for today

1) Listened to slimpods in bed
2) up early and did two miles with Leslie Sansone
3) had breakfast
4) just over two mile walk in the rain with Charlie
5) healthy lunch and enjoyed it ( I need to find lunches that aren't sandwiches or jacket potatoes all the time)
6) I walked past the last two homemade cookies several times today and they haven't called out to me!

Can I join please? Reading all your comments made me realise there are more positives in my life than maybe I realise :)

1. I brought a thermos of black coffee to work instead of going to Costa, which is a 30 second walk from here.
2. Finally convinced my hubby to cancel Sky and move to a cheaper alternative.
3. Had last night's leftover soup for lunch as even though it's not very nice, it's syn free and very healthy (again, better than Costa!)
4. Dropped yogurt down my top but managed to clean it up without leaving a weird light stain :D

Can I join please? Reading all your comments made me realise there are more positives in my life than maybe I realise :)

1. I brought a thermos of black coffee to work instead of going to Costa, which is a 30 second walk from here.
2. Finally convinced my hubby to cancel Sky and move to a cheaper alternative.
3. Had last night's leftover soup for lunch as even though it's not very nice, it's syn free and very healthy (again, better than Costa!)
4. Dropped yogurt down my top but managed to clean it up without leaving a weird light stain :D

of course you can :) welcome :) lovely to have you here. I love reading everyone's positives :) Well done avoiding Costa I absolutely love Costa and so glad I home educate now as was beginning to go in there daily on the school run :) xxx

1. Kept within my syns, and got enough left over to treat myself to a Choc Shot Hot Choc with a bit of whipped cream :D
2. My kitty came for cuddles, which doesn't happen very often!
3. Drinking more water than I usually do!

It's a perfect day for positives - the sun is shining on Victoria Embankment, however cold, everything looks better in the sun.

1. Have finally decided on a novelty cake for 14 yr old Step-Granddaughter
2. My weight is going down again after a hiccup (Elimination Diet System)
3. Every day is bringing Spring nearer and I can get on with sowing seeds.

1) I walked to the bus stop, something I haven't been able to do in ages
2) My meeting venue was rearranged to the office I usually work in, so I didn't have to go across Central London in the cold
3) Bras that had been uncomfortable are now fitting

We lost my beautiful little boy cat on Monday and I've really been struggling to feel very positive since, but I was talking with my mum earlier and realised I'd come up with a positive from it, so..

1) Ginger, my lovely chap, had a very happy 18 months with us. We took him in as a stray and he was skin and bones, crawling with fleas and generally in bad shape. In the time he was with us he was well fed, well loved. He had somewhere warm and dry to sleep. He got dried with a towel when he came in from the rain and probably ate as much turkey at Christmas as any human in the house. Im glad we had that time with him and him with us (and yes I'm blubbing now)

2) I didnt let the sad start to the week throw me off track foodwise. Cake wouldn't bring him back.

3) 3 miles with Leslie every night this week.

We lost my beautiful little boy cat on Monday and I've really been struggling to feel very positive since, but I was talking with my mum earlier and realised I'd come up with a positive from it, so..

1) Ginger, my lovely chap, had a very happy 18 months with us. We took him in as a stray and he was skin and bones, crawling with fleas and generally in bad shape. In the time he was with us he was well fed, well loved. He had somewhere warm and dry to sleep. He got dried with a towel when he came in from the rain and probably ate as much turkey at Christmas as any human in the house. Im glad we had that time with him and him with us (and yes I'm blubbing now)

2) I didnt let the sad start to the week throw me off track foodwise. Cake wouldn't bring him back.

((hugs)) so sorry to hear that :( xxxxxxx well done still finding positives

1) listened to slimpods in bed last night
2) up early and two miles with Leslie
3) lovely lunch out with Charlie
4) one more mile outside while out with Charlie

Wow little blubbing started here, that's beautiful and how blessed you were to spend time together, most definitely a positive your paths met.
Well done for not bowing to Cake offerings, Ginger would be proud of you :)

So sorry to hear that hun, I can totally relate. We lost 2 of our cats last year, both really young cats. First had drank anti-freeze, and the second (only 8 months old) got a fast acting leukimia. It's so so hard, but well done on keeping on track diet-wise. I think the same as you, at least they had a wonderful life while they were with us :) *hug*

Positives for today;

1. Lost 4.5lb in my second week. 11lb total! Happy with that after the weekend I had LOL
2. Drank a lot of water again today.
3. Had a KFC as a weigh-day treat, however I chose Rice Box and Chips instead of sharing half a bucket of chicken with the hubby!!!
4. Got diagnosed with Asthma (not a positive to some, but I'm happy I know whats causing my breathlessness and on tablets and stuff that will hopefully stop it!!)
5. Got given 100 euros from the mother-in-law to take with us on holiday :)

A lot of positives for today, to say it's been a pretty **** day in the long run! lol

Didn't update yesterday but have some to add today.

1. I haven't snacked / eaten outside my syns for 2 days running (not snacking in bed with the TV on is my biggest challenge but I've managed to avoid it!)
2. I've been dreading today since October and it's actually going better than expected (just a crummy day work-wise, nothing major)
3. I'm going to the big Tesco later to buy Apple Crumble Muller Lights...my new favourite but the only place I can get them is the big Tesco 30 miles away so they're a bit of a rare treat. I just happen to be passing it on my way home from work tonight.
4. A colleague bought me a cup of coffee this morning, so nice!

Woke up feeling meh, this threads a realy good pick me up.

1, Started organising belongings for house move.
2. Booked to Pick Grandaughter up from School ( always a lovely treat)
3, Realy Refusing to give into this Mehhh feeling and im sticking to my path.

Back