Post Holiday WI

lyndzi76

Gold Member
I returned off holiday today. It was all inclusive and I went against all my plans ...I drank anything I wanted and ate pretty much what I wanted but avoided carbs and puddings. If I'm honest I probably over indulged on the drink more than food.

I have just had a sneeky jump on the scales (my offical WI is tomorrow 10.30am) and my scales say I have put on 5lb. I could cry and kick myself at the same time.
Don't get me wrong I loved the holiday but wish I hadn't over indulged.

How long do you think it will take to get the extra off?...We arrived home midday and I have been on CD 100% since 6am this morning.

Sorry to winge, thanks for listening x x

5lbs is not to bad, i would not worry about it, it will be off b4 you know it, prob in the first week if you stick to it 100%

Thats what holidays are about, relaxing taking a break from everything holidays are about eating what you want :)

Thank you.
I'm drinking loads so hopefully will pee it out over night. Will let you know how I get on.

Good luck hun as PP said holidays are all about not worrying about things and having fun! xxx

Hi Lyndzi, welcome back from your hols and glad you really enjoyed yourself coz after all that is what life is all about;)

Now 5lbs is not a huge gain after a holiday and should go very quickly if you get straight back on plan. That is, STRAIGHT BACK ON THE PLAN!!!!

Believe me I've been there and after a holiday it is all too easy to succumbe to temptation and say "today will also count as holiday" and before you know it 5lbs has turned into 10lbs! For great inspiration seach out Mrs Essex as she has had lots of holidays (lucky lady!) and goes off plan and then manages to step right back on board after them and her loss has been fantastic, so it can be done:)

Good luck and enjoy those shakes!

well I would pat myslef on the back after just 5 lb gain !!! most of that will be fluid as you are out of ketosis and you will probably loose it in the next few days :) .. I cam off for 4 days once and gained 8 lb !! but I lost 4 of it in 2 days of being back on .. so really dont worry :)

Well I must of done something right as I STS?!?
I have no idea how I managed it, I must of peed it all out last night.

Right now for day number 2 at 100%.

Thank you all x x

Same as all the rest - a holiday gain quickly comes off if you get straight back into good habits. As has been said, it's easy to let a few more days slip but you seem to have got back to it immediately. A pound of fat results from taking in 3,500 calories over what you expend so a pure 5lb FAT gain would have meant you took in an extra 17,500 calories during your holiday - probably not possible from what you have described, so yes, it will be water/carb gain which will be off as soon as.....
Well done

Same as all the rest - a holiday gain quickly comes off if you get straight back into good habits. As has been said, it's easy to let a few more days slip but you seem to have got back to it immediately. A pound of fat results from taking in 3,500 calories over what you expend so a pure 5lb FAT gain would have meant you took in an extra 17,500 calories during your holiday - probably not possible from what you have described, so yes, it will be water/carb gain which will be off as soon as.....
Well done

That is really interesting, I didn't realise I would have to eat that much to put on 5lb!!
I was worried about the restart after holiday but am not struggling at all...could i still be in ketosis?!?!

I was worried about the restart after holiday but am not struggling at all...could i still be in ketosis?!?!

Many people's experience is that day 3 is the killer if they've come out of ketosis so it may still hit - I don't know about the science side or whether the body reacts differently when they've been in ketosis before so maybe you did manage to low-carb enough to make it more easy. I would have thought that the alcohol would take you out though. Good luck!

Back