Post Weigh-In Sabotage

Jamesie

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have this thing where - right after I come home from my Slimming World meeting - I decided to pig out on whatever I can during the rest of the evening.

I did it this past Thursday, where I ate a pizza (yes, a whole pizza) and potato wedges. I certainly paid for it on Friday morning (my stomach was in knots) :-(

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to stop this kind of sabotage, because it would obviously hinder my weight loss efforts in the long run.

I pick out one or two treats to have after weigh in and stick to it. Whether it's a takeaway, meal you can't usually enjoy on sw or a chocolate bar this way you have you treat and are still in control, I weigh in on a Friday and I'm already deciding what I'm having next Friday - this week I've chosen spaghetti bolognaise with grated cheese and garlic bread. I know the pasta and mince are fine on sw but I'll use a jar sauce and enjoy it, and some garlic bread.

rather than seeing it as sabotage - could you plan that in as your one treat for that week as others have suggested. If thats your only treat of the week (after weigh in) then maybe its not as bad as your thinking? If I only sabotaged my plans once a week I would be pleased!! :)

I think that - because I felt so awful physically and mentally the day after - I had just ruined things by that one meal. So I guess it was a good and bad thing.

Everyone deserves a little treat to say "well done", but I think I might do it in the way of (non-edible!) material goods from now on - a DVD, or CD, or something like that.

Jamesie said:
I think that - because I felt so awful physically and mentally the day after - I had just ruined things by that one meal. So I guess it was a good and bad thing.

Everyone deserves a little treat to say "well done", but I think I might do it in the way of (non-edible!) material goods from now on - a DVD, or CD, or something like that.

Good idea - as the saying goes "Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog!". ;) xx

I pick out one or two treats to have after weigh in and stick to it. Whether it's a takeaway, meal you can't usually enjoy on sw or a chocolate bar this way you have you treat and are still in control, I weigh in on a Friday and I'm already deciding what I'm having next Friday - this week I've chosen spaghetti bolognaise with grated cheese and garlic bread. I know the pasta and mince are fine on sw but I'll use a jar sauce and enjoy it, and some garlic bread.

I have the same problem but this seems like a good approach to me. This week I've bought some treats to have specifically after WI. I figure that treating myself in a controlled way to one or two indulgences will stop the bingeing. I'll let you know how I get on!

It definitely works for me if I try and be good on the Friday/Saturday it back fires and I pig out x

Back