Potential new BMI figures?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by TracyGWill, 21 January 2013 Social URL.

1. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Gold Member

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. missy1978

missy1978 Big Bird

Well I hope this isn't changing any time soon! I am only 5'3 and need to get my BMI down to 30 for fertility treatment. I'd rather not have another obstacle in my way... :/

4. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Gold Member

I know what you mean - I didn't get the impression from the article that the NHS would be adopting the new figures anytime soon though. :) xx

5. katieeee

katieeee Full Member

Yeh I got an extra 0.3 on mine :(

6. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Gold Member

Very true, but the NHS will insist on using it as a measure unfortunately, even though it's nonsense. :( xx

7. missy1978

missy1978 Big Bird

Yep. Until the NHS stop using it (not likely), I have no choice but to pay attention to it.

8. Eviebeamummy

Eviebeamummy Full Member

I couldn't find my own from this scale it didn't show one for 5ft 6 - is that because it's not changed? Would be just my luck! Not that it matters as you say BMI means nothing. I prefer body fat % (mainly cos it says I'm within the normal range!)

9. katieeee

katieeee Full Member

How do you know your body fat, scales in Boots? Or like a pinch your belly test? Ha

10. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Gold Member

I've just bought some scales that measure it, there are loads of them about. :) xx

11. Eviebeamummy

Eviebeamummy Full Member

I actually did it using a channel 4 health guide thing - they said about it at the end of supersize superskinny one time x

12. x_Champagne_Supernova_x

x_Champagne_Supernova_x The Prodigal Daughter

They should just do away with BMI altogether. Body fat and measurements should be the main things.