Potentionally Daft Question

Mahina Lani

I'm following a low GI plan at the moment and I've joined this site that has a food diary that totals up your calories for the day and shows you if you have stayed under the allowance it gives you or gone over.
Although I'm not eating that much, I'm finding that the allowance of 1200 is used up really quickly, which is a little worrying for me.

For example today my calorie intake was 78 over what it should have been according to that website!
Tomorrow I have 62 left over but I'm eating an omelet for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and home made chicken soup (literally chicken, stock, carrots, onion and sweetcorn) for dinner with fruit as snacks.

My potentially daft question is should I be worried about calorie intake when following this plan or not?
I'm just suddenly hugely worried that I'm on the wrong weight loss plan or that I'm doing it massively wrong.

Help!!

Hi there, which website is it?
Have you tried all the options in the GI diet like bulgur wheat for example, 80g of it only provides 88 calories, it is low GI and very filling. I usually team it up with lots of veg and meat/fish, it is a family favorite and guilt free! :)

My understanding of the low GI diet is that you DON'T count calories.
It was discovered by a French doctor many eyars ago that if you don't eat foods with a high glycemic index, then your body doesn't produce insulin which is what traps the fat in your body.
SO.....
You don't eat foods that are high in the GI list and limit yourself to those that are low.
Here is the link to the website in English
Official web site of Michel Montignac and the Montignac Method, nutrition, nutritional, dietetics, omega 3, glycemic resultant, hyperglycaemia, glycemic index, slow carbs, fast carbs, starch, hyperglycaemic, glycaemia, glycemic, biodisponibility, wei
You can feast on meat and veg but you can't have a sandwich for lunch! He does a book with several week's worth of menus - excellent. You eat a lot and are never hungry, but it's not a diet for people who don't cook.

Back