Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Pound a week goal/target ??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gobolino, 30 December 2009 Social URL.

1. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Hi Everyone

I'm really envious of everyone who sets themselves a target and then hits it..... but whenever I set myself a target of blah blah amount by Christmas/birthday/valentines day etc etc, I feel it really puts the pressure on and I end up going to pot ! Even though the goals I set are very achievable.

I managed to lose 11lb last year all in all, which is great and I'm so glad that I've emerged with a loss but deep down I know I could do better. To be honest I think its the intermediate targets of lose blah blah by certain date that have dented my loss for the year !

Is anyone else like me and finds the target setting somehow doesnt help them ? Does anyone think it'd be better for me just to focus on losing a pound each week and just have that as my target/goal to aim for ?

Thanks for listening and any ideas !

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i always have a target in mind, which is to weigh less or the same as i did the week before xx

4. xxkatyxx

xxkatyxx Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(17.48%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Do whatever you think is best for you!! I find it helps me if I think of an amount what I want to loose for the next week and try my best to get that each week, although if its a big loss one week I aim to stay the same the week after!
    good luck! and keep going!!!

5. OzzieMoz

OzzieMoz Keep on Truckin'

Start Weight:
    86.7kg
    Current Weight:
    77.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    64.5kg
    Lost(%):
    8.8kg(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you find setting intermediate targets to be counter-productive, then don't do it! As you say, the pressure that you then apply to yourself, is not what you need to focus on the plan. I think rosie has a good suggestion, always just aim to lose a bit or at worst, stay the same!

That's more or less what I've been doing, my weightloss is very slow, but steady generally, and I accept that that is the way to go. I don't have huge loads to lose, but still have set myself a generous target date of end 2010 which I should manage without putting pressure on myself.

Basically, do what suits you best!

6. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    I have found that I go to pot too if I set myself a strict mini goal. Although I do need something to head towards (hence the second ticker) but if I have it that I have to lose that weight by that date I will end up binging and putting on.

Did any of that make sense? - I know it did in my head.

7. bobbedazzler

bobbedazzler Full Member

Hi Gobolino

I'm exactly the same, other than for my wedding (when I was only a lb off my target weight at my last weigh in) whenever I've set myself a goal for a specific event then I feel pressurised straight away and if I haven't lost the 'required amount' the first couple of weeks it all goes pear shaped because I think 'I can't possibly catch up now, I can't do this, sod it'!!

So my aim for this year (except for when I do the slimathon to raise dosh for the SW NSPCC charity) is to try and lose a lb a week! Its achievable and in a year that's just under 4 stone off!!

I say go for the lb a week and just keep plodding! I think that's the key, keep going!

Good luck

Jo x

8. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Thank you so much for your replies ! I think the pound a week approach is going to be my plan..... I cant believe how long its taken me to realise that setting targets has been the key to my downfall. Its a personal thing and I think deep down I know that for me a pound a week is going to be the way to go !! :)

Thanks again and good luck in 2010 everyone !

9. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Hiya, all my mini goals are based on losing a pound a week but I've also put the date next to it that I'll be doing it for - it helps for me xxx

10. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

if you lose1 pound a week for the whole of 2010 that be a equilvant of - 52 pounds = 3 stone and 10lbs:D

11. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Thanks both- mmmmmm 3stone 10lb in a year sounds fab !!!! I wont be focussing on any amounts though - just a pound a week for me x

12. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Our leader always says aim for a pound and anything else is a bonus

Irene xx

13. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your babies are getting cuter by the moment xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.